FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your tax dollars at work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your tax dollars at work.
    Posted: 01 October 2010 at 12:39am
Does anyone really complain when they see a chart like this?

Seems fairly reasonable to me. The only thing I get out of it is I wish to up my investment in some areas of this society.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 12:40am
I do have to ask why do national parks cost so much?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:14am
http://www.deathandtaxesposter.com/

The 2011 Death and Taxes

Edited by brihard - 01 October 2010 at 1:14am
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 7:26am
I like the idea.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 7:30am
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the cost of National Parks is the salaries for employees.  I could be wrong though.  That's an interesting question.

I think it's interesting that the top three items, and about 38% of the total are services I will never use -- unless someone resuscitates them they'll run out long before I would need them (and I don't expect to go to the government for my health care either way).

Those $3 spent on the DEA are a huge waste though.  We should probably take those back.

In the Death and Taxes image (I don't know what else to call it), they really like to use ".123 billion".  First of all, there should always be a zero before decimal, and furthermore, why don't they just lose the decimal and use "million", like they should?  Seems somewhat deceitful to me.

BU Engineering 2012
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:50am
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Seems somewhat deceitful to me.

I'd venture a guess that because the majority of the larger number listings are in billions it was an attempt at continuity to keep it in billions.

I think it makes it convoluted too, though.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic