Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 style flatline on a sierra 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ICMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 style flatline on a sierra 1
    Posted: 21 September 2010 at 8:47pm
Just bought a flatline barrel for my Sierra 1 everything is fine and great. I play alot of tac games and shoot from prone alot and was looking into putting a bipod on BUT there's no wait to attach a rail (atleast pre mod) anyone have a good suggestion on how to do this...? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ICMC - 21 September 2010 at 9:21pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 9:01pm
Please unpin this.  It does not warrant pinning.  (Which is usually approved by the mods.) 

Not having a sierra 1 I have to ask why you went with the 98 flatline.  Do they not make one for the sierra?

Edited by Mack - 21 September 2010 at 9:03pm
ICMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 9:22pm
The Sierra uses the 98 they don't make a Sierra only flatline. As far as I know the A5 (and possibly the x7???)  are the only Tippmans with their own flatlines.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 11:40pm
Somebody did a mod to put rails on a 98 Flatline on either a Alpha Black or Sierra One a while back.  Try searching through old threads in the Marker Gallery.
ICMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 10:50pm
Yeah I've tried going back it looks like to 2008 and still haven't found anything... You don't happen to know if there's anywhere out there that sells some kind of replacement shroud for a flatline would you? I really REALLY don't like how cheap and plastic the flatline shroud feels against the rest of the gun. It just feels so off.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 7:18pm
You have basically two options.

A- get a bypod that clamps on the barrel
B- mount a small picatiny rail on the bottom if the shroud and get a railmountable bypod
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 10:57pm
Hey EE, were you the one that put a modified 98 F/L on a US Army marker and posted it up in the Marker Gallery a while back?  I searched for it but was unsuccessful.  (I remember someone did it . . . unless I've been forgetting to take my pills again.)
ICMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 11:15am
I did eventually get it I mounted a modified pic rail (shortened to about 2 inches) with 2 screws and some serious appoxy. I'll post pics later. It's kinda crazy I can't believe there's not a something out there that does that but I got er in the end.
Thanks everyone
steelcity9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelcity9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 10:53pm
so i can buy the 98 flatline kit and put it on my sierra one with no problems ?just clarifying 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic