Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Response Trigger Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
unclcrzy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclcrzy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Response Trigger Questions
    Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:23am
First off, I recently installed a flatline on my 98 custom that already has a response trigger on it. I'm just looking for a few opinions on the combination of the two. Mostly, I want to know how well the flatline performs with high rates of fire.

Secondly, the game I'm playing has automatics banned. its not a field rule, its just the rule we play with when we organize a game twice a year.. Technically, the response trigger isn't automatic, correct? I'm trying to argue my point here in saying its just a faster way of shooting semi automatic. His argument is that if it sounds automatic, its automatic. I'm just looking for some straight answers on whether or not it's legal according to his rules. He says if it shoots automatic in one trigger pull, its automatic. Of course, I have my response trigger tuned finely, and can empty a hopper on one pull. I think its fair to use, but i just want some opinions.

Thanks.
- My Work In Progress -
Tippmann 98 Custom
Carbine Stock
Flatline
Cyclone Feed
SR Trigger
Double Trigger
Pen Spring Mod
Remote Line
Hair Pin Trigger
Polished Internals
Socom Mag
Ninja
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:44pm
It isn't fair to use. Semi automatic means one shot per pull, period. It's not "a faster way to shoot semi", its a functional automatic mode that you can't easily not use on the field. If your rt is that finely tuned, I imagine you actually have a hard time shooting just one shot per pull. What in your head makes that "just a faster way of shooting semiauto?

There's no difference in your gun and an e-gun emptying a hopper in one pull. Stop being "that guy" and turn your rt down to the point you can easily shoot one shot per pull.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:05pm
^^^ Have to disagree . . . at least partially.  By any technical definition of full-auto the response trigger (R/T) is still a semi-auto.  The mechanical actions necessary for firing (trigger pull, sear release, etc.) occur for every shot.  The resetting action of the R/T just allows them to happen faster with much less voluntary motion of the trigger finger when a well-tuned R/T is used by a knowledgeable/experienced user.  I

I also disagree with the part about being hard to not use on the field.  I fire single shots with my R/T all the time.  (Granted, I use a slower rate of fire than most people with e-grips/triggers and have a lot of experience with the R/T; but, single shots are really not that hard to achieve.)

With that said, given the intent of the rules described, it would be unfair to use the R/T in the game in question.  While the R/T doesn't provide true automatic fire, it does provide the effect of fully automatic fire which defeats the point of trying to keep everyone equal.  Furthermore, if these are the rules for a specific game and someone doesn't want to abide by them I am fairly certain no one is making them take part.

unclcrzy;  just disable the R/T for the game by removing the R/T hose and fittings and blocking the opening with the screw that came in the power tube.  (Also put a piece of tape over the opening in the hand grip.) 
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 6:40pm
Note that I said 'functional'. I know the technically, the trigger is resetting. Functionally, all you're doing is holding the trigger down.

You and I both know that, while you may have your RT set to allow you to easily shoot one ball at a time, lots of people (in my area at least) have theirs set to shoot as fast, and go "full auto" as easily as possible.

For the OP, a good rule of thumb is that if the referee at the chrono can't pick your gun up and shoot one ball at a time to safely chrono it, you need to back off your RT settings some. Personally I don't see why you would need to remove it completely, just make it "sound less like a full auto". Know what I mean.Tone it down for the intent of the field owner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic