FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High on Crack Street: Lost Lives in Lowell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High on Crack Street: Lost Lives in Lowell
    Posted: 17 September 2010 at 5:45pm
I just started watching this documentary about Lowell. It is actually pretty horrible. Lowell is the town I live next to, but this was filmed in 1995 so it has been cleaned up quite a bit.

It's not too bad, kind of funny if you find crack heads humorous. Maybe it is just because I live like 5 minutes away that I find it so funny.

Anyway the point of my post was about this and one of the people in it. Dickie Ecklund. Dickie Ecklund was "Irish" Micky Ward's brother who used to train him.

If you're interested in all in sad as hell documentaries check it out. I refuse to link it because they show everything from the buy to the use.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1052003/

I also just saw the trailer for The Fighter(which made me post this) and Christian Bale plays Dickie Ecklund(Mark Wahlberg plays Micky Ward).

I am not going to go all FE on you guys and claim to know the man but it's cool to have seen him around and then see a movie about him. Plus my cousin is in one of the scenes if it didn't get cut from the final edit. Can't see him in the trailer.

Heres the trailer for The Fighter:

Oh and obligatory Dropkick Murphy's song about a famous person from Mass with an Irish last name:

Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic