Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RAP4 mag-fed conversion kits for Tippmann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Potiguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Potiguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAP4 mag-fed conversion kits for Tippmann
    Posted: 16 September 2010 at 5:03pm

OMG!!!!.... Cry Thanks God... Thanks God.... Clap

"Yes that’s right, today at Paintball Extravaganza, Rap4 announced that they will be making conversion kits for Tippmann and BT markers that will allow the users to turn their markers into mag-fed systems.

Their is no specific details just yet about how this conversion kit works or how much it will sell for but we can definitely tell that if it is priced right, we could see a huge jump in mag-fed paintball players once it’s released to the public!

We have personally contacted our rep. at Rap4 to hopefully obtain some more details and information on this news  Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available!

Update: We have just learned that in order for the Tippmann X7 to be converted to mag-fed, a Rap4 X7 shell must be purchased (part of the conversion kit) which will allow you to feed magazines. All internals from the stock X7 can then be ported over to new “shell”."

Edited by Potiguar - 16 September 2010 at 6:46pm
"Damn, I´m proud to be a member of this team!!!
!"

shot View Drop Down

Needs to behave in mature manner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:12pm
This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! can not wait till it comes out and hopefully Rap4 makes it affordable.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 9:38pm
Are the Markers in the 2nd pic both X7s?
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 12:06am
You don't just buy the drum, you have to buy the shells too. And no, you can't put your cyclone on the new shells, so keep the old ones too.

It'll be interesting when/if we see a good hands on.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 10:33pm
Actually I heard that you can remove a plate and bolt on the Cyclone. The shells are supposed to retail from $100-120. That Box feeder is retailing over $100 and the mags are $35 a pop. So it's quite an investment to get going mag-fed.
RAP4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAP4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

You don't just buy the drum, you have to buy the shells too. And no, you can't put your cyclone on the new shells, so keep the old ones too.

It'll be interesting when/if we see a good hands on.

You'll still have the option to use your cyclone. We currently have a pre-order sale going on right now for $59.95 which will include the new shells and 1 x 20 Round Magazine.

shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:55pm
so does the mag-fed conversion kit have everything you need to make the marker mag-fed or do you need to buy something else to make it mag-fed???
RAP4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAP4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 11:19am
The kit will come with everything you need to make it magazine fed. 
shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 3:15pm
Cool I'm looking to have this on my Phenom, and is rap4 going to make different makes like m16, mp5... will they still hold 20rd or more/less???

Thanks
michiganman18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 6:52pm
Finally an upgrade worth having!! Definitely will be getting this for my 98c, i hate the fore grip on those things, this will be a great addition,

my only concern is do you think i should preorder or wait? B/c i see right now they are 59.99 but if you wait they go as high as 119.99 in march when you pre order, what do you guys think they will retail after they come out, b/c i might get one for my BT4 then as well if they stay the same, if not i need to pre order two now.
shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 8:25pm
I am going to preorder for my Phenom soon and I was thinking the same thing should I preorder for my 98 honestly IDK I think I'm going to just preorder it for my Phenom and if its worth it buy it for my 98 later. I would suggests if you want this at least preorder one of them so you get it a the price of 60
RAP4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAP4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:12pm
shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 9:27pm
I posted a thread on the press release and now I'm on "strike one- selling/advertising" :(
michiganman18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 10:13pm
yeah i saw that, didnt really tell me what i needed to know though
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 10:25am
IMO you should probably preorder if it is something you are def interested in.  I use alot of RAP4 equipment and so do other members of my team and we love them.  I have never had a problem with anything of theirs I have bought.  Also if the pre-order goes up to 120, then the retail when it first comes out will probably be higher.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
omnis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 8:42pm
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">
I sent some questions to RAP4 on the performance of both the mag fed upgrade and the box magazine.  The performance is a little disheartening...

1) What is the anticipated rate of fire of the Tacamo mag fed upgrade?
The rate of fire will be what the magazine can feed. With our magazines, it will be 7 balls per second or as fast as you can pull the trigger. 2) Will the Tacamo system still enable the X7 Phenom to use a remote line? Or will each mag have its own 12g disposable CO2 cartridge? The airstytem that you are using will not have to be changed. 3) How quickly could a person change between using the Tacamo mag feed upgrade and the traditional hopper? Is this some of type of switch or lever, or does this involve tools (meaning I can't do this during the middle of a game. This is not like a split fire we have for the T68. In order for you to change from hopper feed to mag feed, you will need to disassemble the marker. Answers for 1 and 2 are the same for the Box magazine
shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:05pm
7bps isn't bad I usually only use semi-auto anyways. and switching to the hopper is understandable that it will take tools so switch.

what do you mean by "The performance is a little disheartening..."
omnis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:07pm
I play in Virginia.  Some of the fields allow E-grip and full auto.  7 balls is quite a bit slower than some of the full auto markers getting 15+.
shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:15pm
I see what you mean but if you are playing woodsball I don't see the reason to be shooting over 15bps

It only takes ONE paintball to break on your opponent and there out!
RAP4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAP4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 9:36pm
Detail look of the Tacamo MK series mag fed conversion for Tippmann and BT, showing how the magazine and the trigger guard are incorporated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVmx9TU-JE

Edited by RAP4 - 05 October 2010 at 5:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic