FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

And it begins...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 9:54am

Since you ignored my post like always.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

The tea party is about taxed enough already.

so a vote for tarp would be a no-no.

So why is Glenn Beck the figure head?

He was very pro tarp when it came around.

I ignored this because it makes you look dumb...

But, sense you pushed it. I will respond. The tea party isn't a person. It is clearly a anti tax and waste movement. Focusing on Constitutional principles and smaller government.

To try (pretty lamely I might add) to pin this on the other Glenn is pathetic at best.

If you want to put in on anyone it would have to be Rick Santelli (MSNBC guy who called for the party at the beginning)...

And beck was for tarp because he thought the entire system would collapse without it.

Now we are all playing in funny money... (check out the deficit for proof of this). So everything is uncharted waters anyway...

And what do democrats and the leaders of the republican party want?  More of the same.

The tea party forces real change. Back to conservatism.
They tremble at my name...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:26am

And beck was for tarp because he thought the entire system would collapse without it.
So it's ok for Beck to be for TARP, but bad when anyone else was? Perhaps the people that voted for it, thought the same thing...
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

So it's ok for Beck to be for TARP, but bad when anyone else was? Perhaps the people that voted for it, thought the same thing...
Exactly

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:36am
Beck was elected to what?...

Beck is the voice of which party?...

Last I checked he was a pundit. Just like Chris Matthews, or Keith Olbermann... You guys are being dumb with this line of thinking.

HE IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR ANYTHING...

Let's get back to the topic now, shall we?

I'd say a lot of people agree with this sentiment... If it comes out that Steele was the one who pulled the support for O'Donnel during her acceptance speech... He should finally be replaced.

I have little to no faith in that guy to "lead" the GOP.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:58am

But you criticize a candidate and admonish anyone that thought to support him because he voted for TARP funding, but when your idol and soulmate supports it, it's ok. 

Again... Hypocrite much?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 11:04am

Pro tip: When a primary is decided for a party, the party should support the choice of the PEOPLE.

Not the choice of the party.

100% agreement on this.

speaking of people with no clue...

Joy (no relation to someone happy) Behar got DESTROYED in this clip.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdkUnzqGkU

She's still whining about an election 6 years ago?  Jeez lady, let it go!

The way she keeps jumping in and trying to label the guy with terms he never used is pretty funny as well.

It does nothing for my opinion of her intelligence when he points out Democrats that have called the President "divisive" and she still tries to deny/argue/ignore the point.

. . . and then she goes back to blaming President Bush again.  (When are the Democrats planning on taking responsibility anyway?)

Malzburg quote:  ". . . the congress has been Democrat since 2006.  I don't know if you know that . . . "  You could hear the unspoken "dumbass" on the end of that sentence loud and clear.

Not directly related to the clip but brought to mind because of it.  The left refers to the Republicans as "the party of no" and insinuates that if President Obama fails it will be because of the obstructionism of this minority in the Congress while at the same time claiming that President Bush was able to do whatever he wanted despite a much larger portion of the Congress being of the opposite party than the current President is facing.  So which is it, is the President just a helpless pawn or is he able to run roughshod over the other institutions of democracy?  Was President Bush a master statesman who could safely ignore the Democrats who voted against the war and counseled fiscal conservatism?  Is their President ineffective or just unable to overcome the current overwhelming minority of Republican congressmen he's facing? 

Liberals rail that the right can't paint the President as both being a masterful Hitler-like figure and a weak and ineffective leader at the same time.  I find it amusing that they do some of the same while demonizing the previous President.

Case in point:  At around 3:20 she says something along the lines of "the right wing; they blame the Democratic Congress when it suits your side."  I have several observations related to this:
  •  Well, you don't go around blaming anyone for stuff you agree with . . . duh.
  • So, it wasn't the fault of the Democratic majority in Congress when President Bush was destroying the nation but it is the fault of the Republican minority when President Obama starts dropping in the polls and failing to do a lot of what he promised to do?  Hmmmmm . . .
  • Don't mix "they" and "your."  Stick with one descriptive adjective/tense; it's annoying.
I wasn't going to consider this a victory for either one until she bailed at the end without replying to the point about President Obama inheriting the mess from a Democratic Congress.

My conclusion:  Although I've never heard of this lady before it seems like she is like the Glen Beck of the left (except with a much more annoying voice) and (hopefully) is not representative of all liberals.

to funny. Guess he won't be back on her show...

Overall a good post.  Minimal interpretation and histrionics on the part of the poster with good supporting information.

Who are you and where is the real FE?  Big smile

Edited by Mack - 15 September 2010 at 11:08am
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 11:11am
Well, Christine O'Donnell won. And so it begins.

TAKE IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 11:29am

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 12:18pm

It is a primary... with ONE winner...

You guys are acting like the tea party is starting a third party or something...

They aren't.

You guys also said there was no way Chris Christie would win... Too conservative... Or many others.

The silent majority is silent no longer. A few "centrists" will not vote, but that will in no way give the massive amount of Democrats who are now unemployed... a reason to head to the polls...

This election will be a bloodbath for democrats. Even the left stream media see's it... hence them trying to gin up something... anything to pin on the tea party.

They should just stick to calling us racist...

Sad thing is, you guys are buying into it...

and it is a primary.

You are the epitome of Ignorance is Bliss.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

How is this being Ginned Up?
That explains the maniacal grin... I always thought it was Prozac, but it turns out, she is just liquored up! Things are much clearer now.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 12:33pm

This election will be a bloodbath for democrats. Even the left stream media see's it... hence them trying to gin up something... anything to pin on the tea party.  

Let's hope your political predictions are better than your economic ones:

Originally posted by FE May 4th, 2010 FE May 4th, 2010 wrote:

Get ready for $5. gas by summer! Yeah!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 1:04pm
let's hope...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 1:25pm

The republican party has just stated that they will not help her AT ALL with her campaign. Zero money from the republican party as they don't want to support her at all.

So much for "big tent" republicans...

Rush must read T&O because he had a whole segment about "big tent" republicans and this issue...

The republican party listened... And quickly back pedaled.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by FE May 4th, 2010 FE May 4th, 2010 wrote:

Get ready for $5. gas by summer! Yeah!

That was in reference to Cap and trade passing... Which it didn't... Because of the tea party...

Oh, and Castle VOTED FOR cap and tax.

And said he would vote for it again in the senate.

You guys must have missed that point I made earlier.

That alone should prove he is an Obama-Republican.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 2:01pm

^^^ No it wasn't. Further proves that you can't be taken seriously if you can't even remember the crap you spew forth.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 2:22pm

^^^ No it wasn't. Further proves that you can't be taken seriously if you can't even remember the crap you spew forth.

ORLY?

so, cap and tax fell short (passed the house, but not enough votes in the senate. So instead they used the disaster in the gulf to impliment part of the new "cap and tax" penalties to oil companies that were planned in Cap and tax...

"Never let a crisis go to waste".

But, that had nothing to do with cap and tax?

Keep fishing. They are completely tied together. Just like Obama didn't want to drill but the public was forcing his hand... So he said he would allow drilling... A few weeks later the spill happens and he changes his mind overnight.

Of course it is part of the same tax philosophy...

You want more? Cause I have it...

The EPA is also enacting cap and tax rules (even though it didn't pass) using their power to regulate DUST. Also something covered in the cap and tax. Is that related as well? Of course, even though the legislation hasn't passed the President is using all of his tricks to do what he wants.

Costing Americans money and jobs.

"since a wave of environmental regulation has put his firm's other permits on hold. 

"Unless we can get a permit, we can't extend the job no farther," he said. "Right now, I don't know if I can make it or not." 

Fox, who is married and has three kids, was among the hundreds of Appalachian miners who rallied in Washington, D.C., Wednesday in a bid to pressure the Obama administration to loosen restrictions on coal mining in their states. They say the rules amount to a de facto freeze on a chunk of the industry, jeopardizing jobs in one of the most economically depressed parts of the country. 

Since last year, The Environmental Protection Agency has stepped up regulation on mountaintop coal mining across six Appalachian states because the explosives that are used to remove mountain surfaces send debris into rivers and streams, endangering the environment."

You know what regulations they are talking about?... DUST... Which is covered in Cap and tax.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 2:27pm

It wasn't related to the Cap and Trade bill. Try again.

Oh, and Summer came and is almost gone. Never even broke $3.00 that I remember. Your crystal ball is broken.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 15 September 2010 at 2:32pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 3:05pm

Taxes rates - federal, state and local - were at their lowest points since the 1950s in 2009.

Quote and smaller government.

You mean like outlawing abortion and homosexual marriage?

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Taxes rates - federal, state and local - were at their lowest points since the 1950s in 2009.

Quote and smaller government.

You mean like outlawing abortion and homosexual marriage?

El oh el.
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic