FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

And it begins...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:10pm

The tea party is about taxed enough already.

so a vote for tarp would be a no-no.

Also a vote for cap and tax would be a HUGE no-no...

That is why the tea party stood up against him, and the Republican party.

The other stuff is my personal concerns. I can't personally support any candidate that promotes killing children.

"life, liberty and the persuit of happiness"...

If that makes me a "racist" in your eyes... That would be your problem... But, the majority of children killed by abortion are black... (food for thought).
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:15pm
Fox just called it... Castle is gone.

This applies...

Tea Party Express Issues Election Day Statement on Delaware U.S. Senate Race

(WILMINGTON) — The Tea Party Express issued the following statement today regarding the U.S. Senate race in Delaware:

“As voters head to the polls in Delaware today, the news media and many in the political establishment have sought to cast tonight’s election returns as a lose-lose proposition for the tea party movement.

“If Conservative Republican Christine O’Donnell wins, the news media and political elite insist that this will be a loss for the Tea Party movement, as it will surely mean a win for the Democrats in November, and increase their chances for retaining a majority in the U.S. Senate.

“But wait, if Liberal RINO Mike Castle wins, the news media and political elite similarly insist that this will be a loss for the Tea Party movement, as it will mean the establishment has defeated the Tea Party-backed candidate.

So under the logic of those in the media and the political establishment, the Tea Party movement loses either way.  Nice try, but we at the Tea Party Express aren’t buying this narrative.

“The Tea Party Express, Gov. Sarah Palin, the Independence Hall Tea Party PAC, and Diamond State Tea Party all endorsed Christine O’Donnell because she best represented the principles important to the Tea Party movement: limited government and a return to the constitutional principles this country was founded on, but which our political leaders have increasingly strayed from.

“It used to be the accepted notion that primaries were about allowing voters in a political party to support the best candidate who represented the members of that party.  Now, however, we’re told voters are stupid if they don’t instead play the role of political strategist and support candidates based on a political chess game, regardless of their principles.

“We here at the Tea Party Express trust the voters to follow their hearts and to stick to their principles and beliefs.  When Ronald Reagan waged his campaign for president in the 1980 election cycle, the same political elitists and journalists who are deriding Christine O’Donnell as ‘unelectable’ similarly sneered that an ‘extremist’ like Reagan could never be elected.  As a result, John Anderson from Illinois was egged on to offer a more ‘reasonable’ choice in the general election campaign.  Reagan won, Anderson and Jimmy Carter lost, and the political elite and journalists had egg on their faces.

“Supporting the most liberal Republican Member of Congress, Mike Castle, is not a viable option for constitutional conservatives.  Those who have urged support for Castle do so from the most crass and soulless political calculation where principles are irrelevant, as it is a zero sum gain.

“We’ve tried this route of electing Republicans to government who didn’t believe in their own party’s platform, when we had a Republican Congress and a Republican in the White House.  What we got was massive spending, higher deficits, bailouts, and a significant increase in the size, scope, and power of the government.

“We here in Tea Party movement are trying to change the nature of our leaders in Washington, and that means dumping failed and corrupt politicians like Mike Castle who trade their votes based on the campaign contributions of well-heeled lobbyists or the arm twisting of political party leaders.  This is the very reason Mike Castle has attempted to hold at least four positions on ObamaCare – because at each time his primary concern was not what was good for this nation, but what was good for Mike Castle’s political ambitions.

“When term-limited Governor Castle wanted to prolong his career feeding off the public trough, and remaining a member of the ruling class, he orchestrated ‘The Switch’ with Democrat Congressman Tom Carper that would allow both of them to retain their political power.  It was all about their egos and their power, and the same motivation for Mike Castle continues to this day.

“Mike Castle and his political henchmen continue this crass and shameless behavior to this day.  This year, the Delaware GOP establishment – led by Mike Castle’s closest allies and advocates – deliberately chose to not field a Republican candidate for Attorney General in the state of Delaware.  Why?  Because the Democrat Attorney General is a man named Beau Biden, who happens to be the son of Democrat Vice President, Joe Biden.

“But don’t worry say Castle’s Republican supporters.  If he wins the GOP nomination for U.S. Senate in Delaware we’re supposed to expect him to suddenly become some kind of Republican loyalist, helping to advance a conservative revolution in Congress.

“We here at the Tea Party Express don’t buy that for one minute.  Whether it means switching political parties, or voting with the Democrats on more bailouts, Cap & Trade, or for liberal judicial activists for the U.S. Supreme Court, Mike Castle will play to the same political puppet masters he always has, and that’s not to Republicans, conservatives, or his constituents.

“The Tea Party Express has won nearly every election it has played an active role in.  Today, the voters of Delaware will decide whether to support the Tea Party Express-backed candidate, Christine O’Donnell.  If they do, that will be a victory for the Tea Party movement, no matter how many pundits or journalists try and argue otherwise.

“The next step is to fight on behalf of these Tea Party candidates in November, and ensure that they once again defy the wishes and predictions of the political establishment, by propelling these constitutional conservatives to victory over their liberal Democrat, big-government opponents.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 14 September 2010 at 10:22pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:24pm
The thing is, none of use are baffled as to why the Tea Party doesn't like the candidate...he's a pro gun, pro choice Republican.

But if they know the odds are very much against them winning in that state, isn't it better to at least have the seat? This seems more like causing division and reforming the party at the most crucial time in the game. And aloooot of us were counting on the game change.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:25pm
The republican party has just stated that they will not help her AT ALL with her campaign. Zero money from the republican party as they don't want to support her at all.

So much for "big tent" republicans...
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

But, the majority of children killed by abortion are black... (food for thought).

If by majority, you mean less than roughly half the children aborted by white mothers, then you would be right.

census.gov/compendia/statab/2010/tables/10s0099.pdf

If the link doesnt work cause I am posting from my cellphone, google abortion race statistics. Should be the second link.

Also I find it ironic that the left is being refered to as elitist yet the person making such claims has made multiple references to a jouralism degree... Not in this thread but others.

Edited by God - 14 September 2010 at 10:54pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:01pm
I'll just leave this here...

With 1/3 of all abortions performed on Black women, the abortion industry has received over 4,000,000,000 (yes, billion) dollars from the Black community.

Since 1973 there has been over 13 million Black children killed and their precious mothers victimized by the U.S. abortion industry.

Between 1882 and 1968, 3,446 Blacks were lynched in the U.S. That number is surpassed in less than 3 days by abortion.

1,784 African-American children are killed each day by the heinous act of abortion.

3 out of 5 pregnant African-American women will abort their child.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:06pm
Not supporting Castle I can understand, but what's w/ fielding such wingnut candidates if you're just about lower taxes and reduced government spending? Reid should be unseated, but his opponent seems even more out there than Ron Paul. Discussing getting rid of the Dept. of Ed is going to brand you a nutjob and annoy a very powerful lobby, doing it w/o suggesting an alternative in a time when our school are falling behind is even worse. You need better candidates, and I'm afraid there are too many in the movement who would rip apart one based on more socially-based criteria, and that the more level-headed potential candidates see this as a flash in the pan movement and won't get involved. The Tea Party needs a face who is trustworthy and not polarizing, and something resembling a platform, or they will continue to be defined by their opponents. Personally I'd like to see:

-Pay as you go
-Bills actually posted for the public to read before a vote (unlike healthcare reform)
-Congressional Term limits, possibly just consecutive term limits
- Get ballsy and cut the big pork, military spending
-Learn from the woman's suffrage movement, work at the state level to gain a foothold, case-studies, and congressional votes before going national
-Stop branding "progressive" as a dirty word. Some progressive era reforms are considerably appealing to small gov't types, like recall and referendum. The fear mongering needs to stop. The way to counter emotionally-charged debates is to look like the rational one, it got Obama elected by appearing to be slightly above the theater
-Lastly, get real. The movement relies heavily on keeping both taxes and spending, low. Our debt is just too huge, and populace already too dependent to do both w/o causing a great deal of harm. A "value added" tax, or a return to a tax on stock market transaction (pennies on the dollar add up quick with high-volume electronic trading) could raise much-needed revenue. Failing that, we need to do the unthinkable and nationalize our oil reserves or something drastic. I fear that in hopes of getting elected, tea partiers will continue to make silly promises and attack their opposition for even suggesting any type of tax increase. Boehner is probably going to get it for suggesting letting the tax cuts expire for the wealthy, which is prudent.

The Tea Party likes to thin of itself as being descended from the Revolution, while their historical view may be somewhat warped, the original movement resembled an angry mob until it found good, practical and level-headed representatives, and turned on them for being so on numerous occasions. Sanity winning this one will be more difficult since we have better media, and the right to vote isn't limited to 10% of the adult population like in the early republic.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:09pm

Right, because I am going to trust the imaginary statistics off a religious anti-abortion website versus the united states census.

Also your website only address one of the two races being discussed. If those imaginary numbers are infact real, one could easily double them to see the caucasian numbers.

Edited by God - 14 September 2010 at 11:13pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:13pm
Oh God
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:14pm
FE, since when is 1/3 a majority?  Learn to basic math.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:19pm
Sorry... I was thinking based on percentages...

currently Blacks make up 14% of the population of America... And they account for 1/3 of the TOTAL of all abortions...

that was my point... But, it is late, and I'm tired.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:21pm

The republican party has just stated that they will not help her AT ALL with her campaign. Zero money from the republican party as they don't want to support her at all.

Ironic that you are lambasting someone for sticking to their ideology. Didn't you just say a couple post up that you shouldn't compromise? So what, the Republican party was already not supporting her, now they suddenly should? Hypocrite much?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:25pm

Sorry... I was thinking based on percentages...

currently Blacks make up 14% of the population of America... And they account for 1/3 of the TOTAL of all abortions...

that was my point... But, it is late, and I'm tired.
  Wouldn't that lead one to the conclusion that perhaps African Americans are more apt to have unprotected sex more often and thus more unwanted pregnancies? Perhaps more sex education in the schools would help decrease these numbers. Oh wait, let's just tell them that God says it's bad and leave it at that instead.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:35pm

Link?

If true, I have an issue with this as it comes across as the national party ignoring the wishes of their constituents (like whiny little brats) just  because they didn't get their way.  Which, it seems to me, would indicate the perhaps the GOP doesn't really believe in representative government.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:55pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 12:19am
Then I definitely have issues with that and the Retardigans deserve to lose any elections where they fail to support the candidates wanted by the people. 

Will this hurt the nation in the short run?  Possibly.  But one of the things this nation is founded on is the concept that we have a government of the people . . . not of the political party bureaucrats.  It seems that at least one of the major political parties has forgotten that and some house-cleaning is in order.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 1:08am

The tea party is about taxed enough already.

so a vote for tarp would be a no-no.

So why is Glenn Beck the figure head?

He was very pro tarp when it came around.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 5:21am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Also, which forumers' accounts are Arthur and GroupB?
I've been asking myself that same question for a few weeks now.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 7:31am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Ironic that you are lambasting someone for sticking to their ideology. Didn't you just say a couple post up that you shouldn't compromise? So what, the Republican party was already not supporting her, now they suddenly should? Hypocrite much?

Ah, the hypocrite tag...

So fresh and new.

Pro tip: When a primary is decided for a party, the party should support the choice of the PEOPLE.

Not the choice of the party.

The thing that ticks me off to no end is the way the republican party leadership (who that is, I am not sure) who DURING HER ACCEPTANCE speech come out and say they will not support her with ONE dollar.

Did that have to do with their polling numbers they just picked up from 30 seconds before?...

Obviously not.

The Republican party put up another "democrat" and figured that the people would just fall in line.

How well did that work with McCain? I know tons of people that didn't vote in that Presidential election because of McCain and the fact that he was Obama light.

Guess what, those people are sick of having one party the democrats and the democrats light.

Whoever is directing the republican party to make moves like cutting off support TO THEIR OWN CANDIDATE. Before ANY polls are even done... Those people should be fired. They have no business in politics.

There is a whole side of politics that the left stream media, and the political parties don't understand. This election will  have consequences just like the last one. Part of those consequences is for republican party leadership to start standing up for principles instead of blowing in the wind. That is what the party needs... A backbone with a foundation in character.

But with moves like what they did after Castle got his rear kicked... They still clearly don't get it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 8:01am
speaking of people with no clue...

Joy (no relation to someone happy) Behar got DESTROYED in this clip.

to funny. Guess he won't be back on her show...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic