FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poe's Law in action

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 3:45pm
Yeah so... That's a funny website. Lets just leave it at that.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

methinks you need to check the definition of hypocrite.

I make no bones about  my feelings towards your list above... Whereas you on the other hand just admitted that you were insulting Christians... (which you said earlier, you weren't).

Hypocrisy in action.

I admit to my disdain, you don't. Notice the key difference? One is hypocrisy the other isn't.

class dismissed.
I have no problem with most Christians. There are several on this forum that I admire quite a bit. There are a ton of Christians in my life that I personally look up to, such as my dad, my step mom, my former pastor, many members of my family, several of my friends, etc. They are all good Christians, and while I do not agree with their beliefs, I hold no grudge against them for their beliefs.

Do I hold a grudge against people who use religion as a crutch for their intolerances? Yes, I do. Especially when they use religions that actually teach love and compassion towards everyone. Example: Jesus says to love your enemies, and love the sinners, and not to judge others, and that you are to love your neighbor as yourself, etc.. Jesus spoke time and time again against those who condemned others, and those who's hearts were filled with disdain for others. However, that being said, I hold a grudge against all intollerant people, no matter what reason they cite. Once again, those two groups are not the same. I have a world of respect for Christians who actually act Christ like. I have a world of disdain for "Christians" or anyone, of any group, who is hateful and intolerant - and I'm more than happy to fully admit that.

edited to fix spelling fail.

So, anyone who is intolerant... You are intolerant towards... Got it.

Hypocrite.

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Can you see the issue yet?

BTW you misstated Jesus's teachings.

I guess you missed the sunday school lesson where he met the woman at the well. You know the prostitute.

Lets look at that for a minute. Here we have a jew speaking to a samaritan woman prostitute... Clearly a NO-NO in their culture. (hmm, intolerant of the jewish law comes to mind...)

He then gives her a high five and tells her to stay freaky... Right?...

Nope, Jesus tells her all of her deepest darkest secrets and then tells her to change her life...

Wow. Calling out her sin, and multiple husbands.

Man, that is intolerant of her "modern" lifestyle.

Does it bother you that you are intolerant towards muslims? As they don't allow infidels into Mecca... So according to your statement above, you "have a world of disdain" towards them...

I could go on and on.

How about John 8?

John 8

1But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11"No one, sir," she said.
      "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Man, that is intolerant... Making a judgement and telling her to change her lifestyle...

As the scripture says. We are all guilty of sin, and deserve death. Your statement conflicts with itself, causing your belief to conflict internally. In which you lash out at others.

I know I am a sinner. I know I don't do the right thing all the time. But, I also know that I have the blood of Jesus to cover my sins. And that pays the price for my sin. As I have accepted Christ's blood.

It is really something you need to think about in yourself. As your intolerance towards intolerance is itself intolerance...

self hate isn't a productive.

They tremble at my name...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 4:38pm
There are only two kinds of people I can't stand. Those who are intolerant of others' cultures, and the Dutch.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 4:46pm
FE, are you really trying to advocate racism and intolerance? Because if I remember correctly, thats basically the entire basis of your arguments against the Muslim faith.

also, I never once said Jesus embraced their sin, I just said he didn't condemn them for what they had done. Jesus lived a perfect life according to the bible, something you have not done. Not to point the finger at you specifically, as no one is perfect. Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." That and a number of other examples shows to me that you aren't supposed to judge others because of their sin, worry about your own sins and leave them alone. Biblically, Jesus had the right to judge people for their sins because he was faultless, you however, do not have that right.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 13 September 2010 at 4:51pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 4:58pm
same post... two threads.

No, I'm telling you that you don't understand scripture...

Here, let me help you understand.

Romans 12

9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.c]'>[c] Do not be conceited.

As a Christian, I deal with sin daily, in my life, and the life of everyone around me, some affects me personally, some doesn't, but all of it has a cost.

Jesus tells us to HATE evil, the evil in our families, the evil in others... To do that, you must be intolerant of sin. As that is what is destroying what is good.

Jesus didn't mean to ignore evil and be "tolerant" of it.

HATE it. Even if it is sin in your family.

You  mentioned your parents are Christians... Do they hate you?

Do they hate the sin that is causing you to ignore Jesus sacrifice which could cover the sin in your life and give you forgiveness for those sins?

If you don't change that sin will cause eternal harm to your soul...

So do they hate YOU, or the sin?

Either way, it is intolerance... And that is why secular humanists want everyone to be "tolerant" all the time, as it eliminates the need for them to justify their sin.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Sorry, the above statement is incorrect. Sin has consequences.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 5:14pm
Speaking for myself, I've always held that a person's moral worth is derived from how they actually act, how they treat people, what they do to make things better in this world, rather than some vague metaphysical concepts of 'sin' that are derived from various translations and interpretations of long-lost scripture that cannot even be properly traced to its provenance.

In short, religion or religious belief is utterly unnecessary in order to be a good person, and I don't think any amount of belief in some sky daddy can redeem a person's horrific acts or predations. The entire concept of repentance as somehow erasing terrible things is just patently ludicrous to me, and is one of the grounds upon which I reject a number of the organized religions.

I do right and act good because it's the right thing to do, and try to fix bad things because they're bad. Not because some book tells me I should.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 6:01pm
Yes because, the following verses are so esoteric.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." -Matthew 7:12

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:13

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" -Matthew 5:44

"And one day an authority on the law stood up to put Jesus to the test. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to receive eternal life?”

What is written in the Law?” Jesus replied. “How do you understand it?” He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength and with all your mind.’(Deuteronomy 6:5) And, ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ ” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do that, and you will live.”(story continues, but you get the idea) Luke 10:25-28

“How can you say to your neighbor, ‘Friend, let me take out the speck in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.” Luke 6:42

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

"Judge not, that ye be not judged" Matthew 7:1

Now, if you have some other ideas as to what those verses mean, I'm more than happy to listen and potentially learn, but honestly, I don't think I'm really taking any of these verses out of context.

Also, what Brihard said.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 13 September 2010 at 6:02pm

Forum Vice President
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:25pm
If you can't laugh at yourself, I feel bad for you. This site was hilarious.

The MexiGay article in particular is priceless, if for nothing else its crazy homosexual terms-worshipers of Satan's scepter, lovers of the sperm torpedo, and milk sack disciple.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 11:04pm
I still like the Landover Baptist Church. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:50am
THIS IS WHY WE CAN NEVER HAVE NICE THINGS!
I ♣ hippies.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:19am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Yes because, the following verses are so esoteric.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." -Matthew 7:12

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:13

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" -Matthew 5:44

"And one day an authority on the law stood up to put Jesus to the test. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to receive eternal life?”

What is written in the Law?” Jesus replied. “How do you understand it?” He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength and with all your mind.’(Deuteronomy 6:5) And, ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ ” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do that, and you will live.”(story continues, but you get the idea) Luke 10:25-28

“How can you say to your neighbor, ‘Friend, let me take out the speck in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.” Luke 6:42

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

"Judge not, that ye be not judged" Matthew 7:1

Now, if you have some other ideas as to what those verses mean, I'm more than happy to listen and potentially learn, but honestly, I don't think I'm really taking any of these verses out of context.

Also, what Brihard said.

Sneaky, CONTEXT matters. Notice how I rarely pull just one verse out of the Bible. That is  because in a parable, or story, pulling out one part of it changes it's meaning.

For example, you pulled two individual verses from Matthew 7.

Look at the entire chapter, and I will highlight why context matters.

Matthew 7

Judging Others
 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Based on your pulling out verse 1 only... People would think that God says not to judge. Except... read next verse... As humans, we will all be judged, the things that we call out in others are what we will be judged for in ourselves.  Next, notice the word "brother" this isn't talking about the unsaved... It is talking about judging other BELIEVERS in Christ. As God knows their heart, and man doesn't.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Now, this verse is harsh, but it is clearly saying to keep what is Holy away from unbelievers. As their goal is to destroy so that all are like them... This is the meme of the secular humanists, mock religion, and anyone who believes in God. How would you know someone is like that unless you "judge" them?
Ask, Seek, Knock
 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

All God asks is that you ask Him into your heart... And yet, so many reject him, even when people's time runs out daily. We never know what day will be our last on earth.

The Narrow and Wide Gates
 13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
How would you find the narrow gate? Would you have to compare (judge) your life to others to make sure you are living in a way that is pleasing to God? Wouldn't that be intolerant, as those other people would then be living a life that leads to destruction?...

Now, if God truely wanted Christians to judge others, wouldn't he lay out examples of what to look for?... Oh wait, see below.

A Tree and Its Fruit
 15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Notice, this is Jesus telling Christians how to view people's character. There is good fruit and bad fruit. I have a peach tree, and when I pick my peaches, I look at each one carefully and examine it to make sure some bug hasn't bored inside so I don't bite down on it... That careful examination is judging... Clearly scriptural as this is from Christ himself. Now, look at muslims, (many of whom act like ferocious wolves) who go around killing people... Do they think they will enter heaven? As a Christian, am I suppost to judge them?

The Wise and Foolish Builders
 24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Now, I have been on this site for a couple of years. I am by far the most vocal Christian on this site, and I call out what is evil, and my arguments have stood... Why? Because my foundation is on Christ. That is where my heart stays.

I know I make mistakes. But, like many of you, I wasn't always a Christian. I knew the Bible, (or thought I knew it...) but actually I didn't "need" God when I was young...

Except, I was wrong. I did need God, the things that I did for ME, yeilded bad fruit. I became bitter, and only focused on myself. Why not, I was brought up in a secular humanistic education system.... And we are what we are taught, as so many of you have shown.

Problem is, it doesn't pan out long term. The fruit is bad. God has a will for your life. Just like he has a will for my life. I have watched as God has directed my path over and over and over and over... It is unbelievable.

For example. I am NEVER late. (one of my pet peeves) if I say I will be somewhere at 7:00am I will be there at 6:55.

Well, this past Thursday, I was having trouble getting out the door. (which is weird since I get up at 5:30.) But, time was flying by, and I was running late. I ran out the door, and got halfway up my driveway when I reached up and touched my face.... YOU have GOT to be kidding me. I forgot to SHAVE... (haven't done that in at least 10 years...) so I had to go back home, and shave.

Making me even later.

Then I was in the exact place at the exact time, to save that girls life... A girl who's entire family are not Christians. SHE witnessed a miracle first hand, and it has changed the entire families lives. All of them are convinced that God worked in their daughter/sister/nieces life.

But, it was a horrific accident. Why would God allow that to happen? He could have just helped the other driver stay in her lane...

We all have free will, and as a result we all get to CHOOSE for ourselves what we will do with our lives. Either we ignore God, and his will for us, or we follow after people/religion with bad fruit... Or we find the narrow path.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 14 September 2010 at 8:22am
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:00am
FE and sneaky are now banned from this thread. Any breach of this embargo will result in scathing comments directed towards your mothers and other close relations.

Mack you need to control your board!
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:54am

class dismissed.

Liberals mocking Christians... Naa, that never happens. You didn't mean anything by posting this either... I believe you... really...

oh wait. hahahahhahaha

not news... didn't happen yesterday... classic

So, anyone who is intolerant... You are intolerant towards... Got it.

Hypocrite.

I guess you missed the sunday school lesson where he met the woman at the well. You know the prostitute.

(hmm, intolerant of the jewish law comes to mind...)

He then gives her a high five and tells her to stay freaky... Right?...

Nope, Jesus tells her all of her deepest darkest secrets and then tells her to change her life...

Wow. Calling out her sin, and multiple husbands.

Man, that is intolerant of her "modern" lifestyle.

I could go on and on.

Do you act and talk like this in the presence of friends, family, or coworkers? Or do you think it's cool to emulate Glenn Beck's annoyingly coy attitude and incredulity on the internet, but nowhere else? Because it's supremely annoying and immature.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

FE and sneaky are now banned from this thread. Any breach of this embargo will result in scathing comments directed towards your mothers and other close relations.

Mack you need to control your board!
*sticks my foot inside, then scampers off*

HA!

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic