FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poe's Law in action

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poe's Law in action
    Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:21am
http://christwire.org/

I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. Some of their articles seem to be completely serious, others are worded to be so completely ludicrous and bat-<poopy> stupid that I have to believe they can't be serious at all. Not intending to pick on the Christians with this one, I just happened to stumble across the site last night, when I found the link to a rather absurd sounding article on another site.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:34am

Wow.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:49am
It's a scam site to mock Christians as loony radicals...

Oh, it is also run by liberals...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 13 September 2010 at 9:52am
They tremble at my name...
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 9:51am
Bahahaha

"Despite being white Justin Bieber is rich and has millions of things that black gangs love more than money: our screaming suburban daughters and their untouched innocence. This is why you must not let your daughters go to see Justin Bieber.

Crisps attend his concert with other assortments of these preying blacks gangs and they just want to dally our daughters in their backside like they brag about on their rap videos! Justin Bieber is their bate and our daughters the fish! They want to haul in a good catch and then play filet mignon with their fish caves and make them rotten with sin"

I ♣ hippies.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:00am
Guess you have been huffpo'ing lately huh Sneaky...

Liberals mocking Christians... Naa, that never happens. You didn't mean anything by posting this either... I believe you... really...
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:02am
lol shut up FE
I ♣ hippies.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:08am
U MAD?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:13am
I'm not mad... I just burned the fsm website and I feel oh so much better. Take that atheists!
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:15am
I just burned a bible. Take that FE
I ♣ hippies.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:18am
I don't have to run around in the shower to get wet... Take that skinny boy.

(wait... why are we doing this again?)

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 13 September 2010 at 10:20am
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:20am
This site is epic. It's like the onion, but aimed at evangelism. :D

http://christwire.org/2010/09/japan-launches-first-gps-satellite/

Love it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:24am
lol the LA CRISPS. This site is rich and chalked full of lulz.
I ♣ hippies.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 11:44am
The comments are especially lulzy half of them are taking it seriously and the other half are going with the joke.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 12:05pm
Wow. This one is actually very, very good. An entirely serious article about the Qur'an  burning.

http://christwire.org/2010/09/learn-dont-burn-a-christian-response-to-the-international-quran-day-burning/
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:23pm
I can't believe this was the lead story on Washpo online...

oh wait. hahahahhahaha

not news... didn't happen yesterday... classic

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 13 September 2010 at 1:24pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Guess you have been huffpo'ing lately huh Sneaky...

Liberals mocking Christians... Naa, that never happens. You didn't mean anything by posting this either... I believe you... really...
I don't read the Huffington Post actually, never have.

I actually saw a link last night which was titled, and I quote, "How to tell if your boyfriend is a homosexual." After reading something like that, you can't really help but wonder what kind of dumbass-ness could follow, so that's the site I was led to.

Was I insulting Christians as a whole? No. Was I insulting the morons who actually believe ridiculous things that fall in line with that website, such as the WBC people? You betcha. Once again, you fail to realize that the two are not one in the same. Also, quit being a hypocrite. You attack liberals/atheists/secular humanists/evolutionists/muslims/public school kids/entire generations as a whole/homosexuals/etc in nearly every post you ever make on this forum.

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:47pm

methinks you need to check the definition of hypocrite.

I make no bones about  my feelings towards your list above... Whereas you on the other hand just admitted that you were insulting Christians... (which you said earlier, you weren't).

Hypocrisy in action.

I admit to my disdain, you don't. Notice the key difference? One is hypocrisy the other isn't.

class dismissed.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:57pm
... I just think some of the stories are funny.
I ♣ hippies.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 3:09pm
http://christwire.org/2010/09/best-anti-terror-mosque-protest-signs/

I hope there's nothing inappropriate, I really can't remember. Apologies if there is.

Either way: wow.
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

methinks you need to check the definition of hypocrite.

I make no bones about  my feelings towards your list above... Whereas you on the other hand just admitted that you were insulting Christians... (which you said earlier, you weren't).

Hypocrisy in action.

I admit to my disdain, you don't. Notice the key difference? One is hypocrisy the other isn't.

class dismissed.
I have no problem with most Christians. There are several on this forum that I admire quite a bit. There are a ton of Christians in my life that I personally look up to, such as my dad, my step mom, my former pastor, many members of my family, several of my friends, etc. They are all good Christians, and while I do not agree with their beliefs, I hold no grudge against them for their beliefs.

Do I hold a grudge against people who use religion as a crutch for their intolerances? Yes, I do. Especially when they use religions that actually teach love and compassion towards everyone. Example: Jesus says to love your enemies, and love the sinners, and not to judge others, and that you are to love your neighbor as yourself, etc.. Jesus spoke time and time again against those who condemned others, and those who's hearts were filled with disdain for others. However, that being said, I hold a grudge against all intollerant people, no matter what reason they cite. Once again, those two groups are not the same. I have a world of respect for Christians who actually act Christ like. I have a world of disdain for "Christians" or anyone, of any group, who is hateful and intolerant - and I'm more than happy to fully admit that.

edited to fix spelling fail.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 13 September 2010 at 3:13pm

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic