Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL Thread
    Posted: 09 September 2010 at 8:07pm
Well, with the first game of the season kicking off in about a half-hour, I think its time for a NFL thread.

Feel free to post predictions, team/player news, fantasy talk, or anything else NFL related.

For tonight, its going to be a good game. The Viks are walking into the game with a chip on their shoulder against the defending Superbowl champs. I'm seeing the Vikings over the Saints. Brees might be a monster, but I think it's going to be hard to stop Harvin, Favre, and Peterson, especially with the loss of Sharper.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 12:06am

Go Raiders!
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 12:16am
Go Titans.

So, "God," ready for Sunday?
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 5:26am
I predict that the Colts murder the Texans
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 7:21am
Standing by Big Blue, though I don't know why. They'll have another mediocre season, and everyone will get pissed that its not '07 all over again.

Meh, as long as they beat dallas, I don't care too much about overall record.

It is fun to watch Eli Manning wander around like a confused child after he gets sacked though.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 7:51am
Originally posted by God God wrote:

Go Raiders!
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 9:55am

Yes I am ready to watch the Raiders win a Season opener.

If the Radiers can win or keep it close, Ill be happy. If they cant, Its propably a sign of a not so good season.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

I predict that the Colts murder the Texans

I wouldnt predict that.  Im not saying the Colts are going to lose but the Texans are going to play them tough. The Texans defense was terrible in the first half last season and they turned it around towards the end to end up with a winning record.  With a better defense and possibly the best WR in the game right now, I really expect the Texans to make a very good run at the playoffs this year.  Plus the Colts havent had a great pre-season.  I still want to say the Colts squeeze a win out but it will be nothing close to a blowout.

As for the Raiders...they finally got rid of Jamarcus Russell but I dont think they will be able to hang around the Titans for much of the game.  Vince Young will be their started for this season and he has done nothing but win since hes been there. Plus when you have Chris Johnson in the backfield  with a great offensive line...thats going to give any team problems and Oakland last year gave up around 2500 rushing yards which ranked 29th in the league.

As for my team...the Bears suck...and arent getting any better.Tongue

Edited by pntbl freak - 10 September 2010 at 3:41pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 8:39pm
The Colts D is shaky, but with Sanders back and knocking heads, I'm hoping they can keep a handle on Andre and Foster. But I don't see the Texans D stopping Peyton.

The Raiders probably won't win without Bush.

And don't knock the Bears just yet. With Martz, Knox is looking good, as well as Aromashodu in the slot. Oh yeah, some guy name Julius Peppers is playing DE too.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 10:44pm
Knox is looking good however we still have Cutler as QB.  He led the league in INTs last year and I dont see him improving much this year.  I said from day one of the Cutler/Orton trade that the Bears got the raw end of that deal.  Everyone here said I was crazy and we had a real QB for the first time in a long while.  Almost everyone now has turned on him.  The offensive line is old and average at best so that isnt going to help the offense.

Julius Peppers is a great addition but the defense its still lacking a good safety and they are always injury prone.  I see a 500 season at best.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Knox is looking good however we still have Cutler as QB.  He led the league in INTs last year and I dont see him improving much this year.  I said from day one of the Cutler/Orton trade that the Bears got the raw end of that deal.  Everyone here said I was crazy and we had a real QB for the first time in a long while.  Almost everyone now has turned on him.  The offensive line is old and average at best so that isnt going to help the offense. Julius Peppers is a great addition but the defense its still lacking a good safety and they are always injury prone.  I see a 500 season at best.

I wouldn't toss Cutler to the side just yet. Last year, all his receivers were either rookies or kick returners who moved up the depth chart. It was very easy to see that most of his interceptions came from either tipped passes or bad/missed routes. But now that Knox has a year under his belt, and the rest are under a coach who's very pass oriented, Cutler will shine. But they do still have a very bad offensive line, no argument there.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 12:23am
go pack go.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 10:37am
Who Dey!
They tremble at my name...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by God God wrote:

Yes I am ready to watch the Raiders win a Season opener.

If the Radiers can win or keep it close, Ill be happy. If they cant, Its propably a sign of a not so good season.

Closest 31 to 6 game I've ever seen. Wink
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 4:02pm
WTH Colts?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

WTH Colts?

Thats was a good news, bad news game. For fantasy, I have the Colts DST, but I also have Adrian Foster who ran up a nice 59pts.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 7:19pm
Lol@the Lions reversed touchdown.
Que pasa?

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 9:15pm

Yeah we still dont have an offensive line hopefully they will firgure something out. If not there goes another wasted season...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 2:30am
I'm saying it right now, Jets are going to the Superbowl. The only reason that the Ravens were even in contention in todays game was because of numerous BS calls made by the refs. Braylon Edward's "running into the kicker" penalty was the most ludicrous call of the game. After this game, I see them coming back with more discipline and more intensity. I feel bad for the Pats because its going to be four quarters of solid contact.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 4:55pm
The Jets aren't going to the super bowl. Fanboy harder Mr. Jersey.

Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic