FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

How'd you make out Whale? Your game should be really close, even with A.J going 140 with 2 TDs, since Flacco threw two TDs to Mason.

79-73 not-me. 

Yeah, Andre caught it up for me quite a bit. And, seeing as this is a two-weekend playoff, I'm only starting next week with a 6-point deficit. 

As long as Rodgers is going to play next weekend, I should be fine.  
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 11:33am
I got killlleeed this week. Bye bye $750 first place prize. Everything that could go against me this week did. Twas the perfect storm.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 1:38pm
I had everything go right for me. This is the first time that I had all my RBs go under 30pts, and I was going against the highest scoring kid in our league. Came out with the W and #1 spot. Now I get to rest easy this week since I have a bye in the playoffs.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:17pm
How about that run by Peyton? LOL
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:29pm
MOAR TURNOVERS!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 9:32pm
Well Jets aren't near as dominant now as they were in the beginning, but we did make it to the playoffs so thats some consolation.

In fantasy news, I'm in the championships. Hopefully by next week I'll have my leagues trophy on my dresser.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:47pm
Resurrecting this thread to gloat about winning my fantasy league. 230-124. That and Jets killed the Bills, but who didn't expect that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:20pm
I finished third. Would have won the whole league if not for Aaron Rodgers's week 14 concussion. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I finished third. Would have won the whole league if not for Aaron Rodgers's week 14 concussion. 

I had something similar to that happen to me last year. All during the playoffs I would've outscored all my opponents had I made it. This year though, no one was even close to me.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:31pm
Holy crap, the Lions won again!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

LOL VIKINGS

fixed.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 12:07am

How'd you make out Whale? Your game should be really close, even with A.J going 140 with 2 TDs, since Flacco threw two TDs to Mason.

79-73 not-me. 

Yeah, Andre caught it up for me quite a bit. And, seeing as this is a two-weekend playoff, I'm only starting next week with a 6-point deficit. 

As long as Rodgers is going to play next weekend, I should be fine.  

Did someone say Andre?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:29pm

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

The Jets aren't going to the super bowl. Fanboy harder Mr. Jersey.

Honestly, there is no indication that the Jets won't go to the Superbowl. All they have to do is play smarter (like run more, and keep Revis on No. 1 receivers) and be more disciplined. These are extremely easy adjustments.

Though we fell one game short, I'd like to point out we definitely had the capacity to get there, and probably could have shut down the Packers if we played the same defensive scheme we did with the Pats.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:33pm
Insert Jay Cutler joke here. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:37pm

Insert Jay Cutler joke here. 

Haha, they should've just started with Hanie.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 3:42pm

Insert Jay Cutler choke here. 
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 4:47pm
As a Bears fan Ive never been a huge fan of Jay Cutler.  However, I will support him on this one.  I feel that it is unfair for him to be accused of quitting and not really being injured.  No one knows the extent of the injury and how it was feeling at the time.  According to the Bears, the team doctors did not want him to play at all in the second half but he went out and tried to finish the game. He then realized that he was unable to plant on his knee.

Also, I have no official source here but since he hurt his knee before half, part of me wonders if his knee stiffened up on him during the break and he was unable to get it ready again in the cold, no matter how much time he had.

However...I wont argue with you if you say that he did not appear to offer his help to the backups and just sat there on the sidelines.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

The Jets aren't going to the super bowl. Fanboy harder Mr. Jersey.

Honestly, there is no indication that the Jets won't go to the Superbowl. All they have to do is play smarter (like run more, and keep Revis on No. 1 receivers) and be more disciplined. These are extremely easy adjustments.

Though we fell one game short, I'd like to point out we definitely had the capacity to get there, and probably could have shut down the Packers if we played the same defensive scheme we did with the Pats.

One game short =/= Super Bowl.  Any team in the playoffs (Maybe not Seahawks Tongue) had the capacity to get their but you still have to win your game.  Jets had poor tackling in the first half and that allowed the Steelers to get off to a fast start causing the Jets to play catch up all game.

Also the comment about playing the same defensive scheme is kind of goofy.  With all the film that is watched wouldn't the Packers have watched the film from the Patriots-Jets and studied how the Jets shut down Tom Brady?  Im not suggesting they would have to completely redo a defensive scheme, but the exact same one would most likely not work.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

]One game short =/= Super Bowl.  Any team in the playoffs (Maybe not Seahawks Tongue) had the capacity to get their but you still have to win your game.  Jets had poor tackling in the first half and that allowed the Steelers to get off to a fast start causing the Jets to play catch up all game.Also the comment about playing the same defensive scheme is kind of goofy.  With all the film that is watched wouldn't the Packers have watched the film from the Patriots-Jets and studied how the Jets shut down Tom Brady?  Im not suggesting they would have to completely redo a defensive scheme, but the exact same one would most likely not work.

We definitely could've beaten the Steelers is what I'm trying to say. No team could've defeated both the Colts and Pats in their houses back to back except for the Packers and Ravens. As I predicted, the Jets are a Superbowl caliber team, and if it wasn't for poor tackling and poor goal-line play calling, we'd be in it.

As for defense scheme. No the exact same wouldn't work, but it wouldn't be too far off either. Pats use way more TEs, shorter routes, and Brady rarely scrambles, while Packers are known for going deep with 3/4 WRs sets, and Rodgers is a very mobile QB. The similarities lie in the coverage where we keep more DBs out there and blitz more sparingly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic