Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Some things to point out from the world of fantasy sports: 
  • Calvin Johnson is finally pulling in the points and getting me some wins. He dropped 22 on the Packers last weekend. I need more of this. 
  • Andre Johnson being hurt is cramping my style way bad. 
  • I'm torn between Finley and Cooley for starting TEs this weekend. 

I'd go for Finley. Cooley is one of two targets for McNabb, and the Packers D is gonna try and blanket them the whole game. Finley has more chances to be open and thrown to then Cooley.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 5:59pm
Okay, who are these guys and what did they do with the real Chiefs?

Not that I mind.  This is much better than baseball where I look at the Royals standings on opening day (0-0) and am forced to acknowledge that it will probably be the best win/loss record they will have for the rest of the season.

Edited by Mack - 07 October 2010 at 6:00pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Okay, who are these guys and what did they do with the real Chiefs?

The Chiefs are the real deal. They could have been at the same level last year but Todd Haley doesn't know how to operate an effective offense. But this year they did upgrade with drafting Eric Berry, getting some sweet kick returners, and acquiring Thomas Jones. If Haley would just let Jamaal out the cage, they'd be someone to fear come playoffs.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 6:41pm
Oh cool Peyton Hillis was put on the injury list today. 

That's just lovely. 

He was racking up the points for me, along with Andre Johnson, who is also hurt. 

Man, my running game is going to have to rely on Matt Forte and Ryan Matthews if Jahvid Best and Hillis don't get well. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 7:43pm

Oh cool Peyton Hillis was put on the injury list today. 
That's just lovely. 
He was racking up the points for me, along with Andre Johnson, who is also hurt. 
Man, my running game is going to have to rely on Matt Forte and Ryan Matthews if Jahvid Best and Hillis don't get well. 

I feel you. Peyton Hillis is one of my most productive backs, and I'm worried about Mathews since he lost so many carries to Tolbert last week. Committee backs are never good for fantasy.

Forte though should have a field day against the Panthers. The Bears have a horrible O-line and are using a 2nd string QB. Can you say HB check down?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 8:03pm
Well, I got killed on Sunday in fantasy, but the Jets are still moving on right ahead.

I'm hoping you played Forte, Whale.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 10:46pm
Just. I hate Fantasy Football. 

I just don't get it. 

No, I didn't play Forte. I didn't 

I started Hillis, Matthews and Best. 

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 11:08pm
Well, thinking the chiefs were going to suck again, my family got rid of their season tickets. Fail on our parts. -.-
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 1:55am

Just. I hate Fantasy Football. 
I just don't get it. 
No, I didn't play Forte. I didn't 
I started Hillis, Matthews and Best. 

Fantasy Football is all about emerging yourself into the game and knowing match-ups. Thats how I knew Forte was going to go off. Second string QB + bad line + horrible opposing D = Forte screens all day.

On the other RBs: If Mathews isn't 100% don't play him since the coaches have no qualms on using Tolbert. Hillis just had a bad day due to injury, which is going to be even worse if he's still not good for next week against the #1 rush defense. Best is pretty solid though. Once Hill has to deal with a good pass D, he'll use Best more.

Whale, if you need any help regarding a line up, just ask away. I'm a football fanatic and the only thing keeping me from a perfect record this season is the overwhelming amount of game-time injuries my players keep facing.

Regarding the Chiefs, they disappointed me last week. I expected them to run all over the Colts, but Todd Haley is an idiot and let Jones do most of the carrying. That, and if they did more deep passes with Bowe and bubbles with McCluster, they would have easily outscored the Colts.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:45am
I'll probably take you up on that offer.

I don't know nearly as much about the NFL as I know about NCAA.

Which, BTW, I'm calling that the two teams with the best chance to finish the season is a Boise vs. Oregon National Championship Game.

I'll give Nebraska the next highest chance, followed by Ohio State.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 2:38pm

I'll probably take you up on that offer. I don't know nearly as much about the NFL as I know about NCAA.Which, BTW, I'm calling that the two teams with the best chance to finish the season is a Boise vs. Oregon National Championship Game. I'll give Nebraska the next highest chance, followed by Ohio State.

I can't get into NCAA, its too hard for me. There are a thousand and one teams and players to keep track of with too many variable to keep track of. I tried one year to get into it, and ended up just giving up half-way through the season. It kinda hurts me though because when the NFL draft comes around I have to do mountains of research to figure out how well each team did on their choices.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:26pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:36pm
I'm facing some slight injury issues. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 9:04pm
Drop Finley for Heath Miller. Roth is back and he tends to look at Miller more than any of the back ups.

Rodgers I don't think will play, but Best, Hillis, and the rest should be fine. Though I wouldn't play Hillis. Steelers are currently the #1 rush defense. I don't think Mathews is a safe play yet since we'll only know by game day if he's going to be back to being the feature back, but if you have to play him, you have to.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Drop Finley for Heath Miller. Roth is back and he tends to look at Miller more than any of the back ups.

Rodgers I don't think will play, but Best, Hillis, and the rest should be fine. Though I wouldn't play Hillis. Steelers are currently the #1 rush defense. I don't think Mathews is a safe play yet since we'll only know by game day if he's going to be back to being the feature back, but if you have to play him, you have to.

I did the following, tell me what you think: 

• Dropped Finley for Tony Moeaki. 
  • Moved Cooley up to the starters. 
  • Moved Matt Ryan up to starting QB. 
  • Dropped Caddy Williams for Marshawn Lynch, but not starting him. 
  • Dropped the Ravens defense, picked up the Giants defense, starting them. 
  • Sitting Megatron, starting Nicks and Andre Johnson at WR. 
So, I'm fine at WR, and I'm fine with Matt Forte. What should I do with the other two RB spots? Or should I try and start Lynch in the flex spot and only run Forte and another RB like Matthews?

Also, Vince Young is undrafted in my league. Should I pick him up for temp points or do you think Matt Ryan will be a good enough replacement for Aaron Rogers? 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 10:44pm
Moeaki is a pretty solid, he doesn't get many receptions, but he does get good yardage.

If Rodgers is only out for this week, and you need a good amount of points at QB I'd give Young a shot. Jags have horrible pass D, but pretty good run D so the Titans might be looking to spread the field more to open up more opportunities for CJ.

And I wouldn't start Lynch yet at all. He's behind two good backs and needs to prove himself first if he's gonna be the teams #1. Forte is always a must start, and Mathews has more breakout plays then Lynch, even as a second string. I would only play Lynch if they end up putting Mathews on the IA list on Sunday.

I personally would've kept the Ravens since they are a top passing D and are playing the Pats sans Moss, but they have been sucking fantasy wise due to point allowance. Plus, the Giants should still do well as long as they aren't abused by C.Johnson.

Just curious, what top backs are left on the waiver wire? If Torain, Micheal Bush, or even Woodhead or Green-Ellis are on the wire, I'd say snatch them up over Lynch. Hell, if Tolbert is available, even he couldn't hurt since he might start once again.

Edited by jerseypaint - 13 October 2010 at 10:59pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

If Rodgers is only out for this week, and you need a good amount of points at QB I'd give Young a shot. Jags have horrible pass D, but pretty good run D so the Titans might be looking to spread the field more to open up more opportunities for CJ.

I've got Matt Ryan, so the question comes down to who you think will get more points: Young or Ryan? 

As soon as Rodgers is healthy again he is going back into the starting spot. 

Also, I'm playing against Peyton Manning this week, which is bad news bears all around.

I've got my opponent beat on WR and D/SP is a split (He's got Ward and Miles Austin to my Andre and Nicks, and he's starting the Chargers D, I'm starting Giants). TE is kind of iffy. 

I know Forte is going to rock. My problem areas are the TE matchup, my Cooley or Moeaki vs. his Jason Witten, my weakened QB situation with Rogers out, and of course what in the world I'm going to do with Best and Matthews. 

Quote I personally would've kept the Ravens since they are a top passing D and are playing the Pats sans Moss, but they have been sucking fantasy wise due to point allowance.

The Ravens have been killing me in Fantasy points, and I've got the Titans D as a backup throughout the season. 

Quote Plus, the Giants should still do well as long as they aren't abused by C.Johnson.

I really don't see Megatron starting, or even getting much play time. Do you? 

Quote Just curious, what top backs are left on the waiver wire?

The only one you listed that is open is Woodhead, and he is projected at one point this week. 

I actually drafted Michael Bush, and dropped him in week two to pick up Ryan Matthews. Go figure. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 12:24pm
This week, I think Young would produce more. He has a worse defense and more play makers. That, and it seems like the Falcons prefer to put the game on Turner's shoulder rather then let Ryan move the ball down field.

For TE I say stick with Moeaki. Houston has horrible pass D. Cooley is always nice since he's McNabb's #2 guy, but they've had issues with moving the ball effectively and spreading the field as of late.

I don't see Johnson playing right now, but I don't see him on the IA list either. If Detroit wants to win, they might put him in sparingly for some big plays, and that chance will grow greater if he starts practicing more.

I guess I'd stand pat with Lynch then, since Woodhead might not be that impactful against the Ravens, but if he scores again, I would pick him up. He's taking Faulk's role, which means he'll see alot of redzone carries.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:09pm
The matchup this week: 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:13pm
I'll probably swap Cooley out for Moeaki. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic