Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

The Jets aren't going to the super bowl. Fanboy harder Mr. Jersey.

Honestly, there is no indication that the Jets won't go to the Superbowl. All they have to do is play smarter (like run more, and keep Revis on No. 1 receivers) and be more disciplined. These are extremely easy adjustments.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:37pm
Ill give you an indication...

That is absolutely terrible.  I dont care how good the Ravens defense is...to be a contender you are going to have to be better on offense then that. They got rid of Thomas Jones and Alan Faneca and their run game wasn't to hot last night.  Santonio Holmes will come back in week 5 but that isnt going to fix all their problems.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

[
Honestly, there is no indication that the Jets won't go to the Superbowl. .

*Ahem*

Edited by usafpilot07 - 14 September 2010 at 6:52pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

They got rid of Thomas Jones and Alan Faneca and their run game wasn't to hot last night.

Their run game averaged 5.5yds a carry last night, against one of the best run defenses in the league. Their pass game is off, but then again, it looked like Sanchez was so afraid of giving up the ball he checked down to his half back every time.

And if you guys weren't aware, the Jets sucked at passing last year too, but we made it to the AFC Championship. With a defense that is better, an improved backfield, and after week 4, more receiving weapons, I'm pretty sure we can go one game further.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:35pm

And if you guys weren't aware, the Jets sucked at passing last year too, but we made it to the AFC Championship. With a defense that is better, an improved backfield, and after week 4, more receiving weapons, I'm pretty sure we can go one game further.

I honestly do not see a washed up LT as an upgrade over a washed up Thomas Jones. At least Jones could lower his nose at the 3 yard line.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:42pm
5.5 yards per carry is misleading when you only run the ball 21 times for 116 yards/  Now if you were to say they averaged 5.5 per rush and rushed for over 200 yards, I would be impressed.  However, 116 is pretty pitiful even if it is against the best rush defense in the league because they still lost the game.  They still only had 6 first downs for the entire game and only averaged 2.9 yards per pass.  2.9.  That is not going to get you into the superbowl.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:51pm
Who has two thumbs and lost his first Fantasy Football round because: 

• Hakeem Nicks decided to go nuts and catch for 75 yards and three touchdowns on my bench. 
  • Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson combined for seven points. 
This guy. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 12:29am
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

5.5 yards per carry is misleading when you only run the ball 21 times for 116 yards/  Now if you were to say they averaged 5.5 per rush and rushed for over 200 yards, I would be impressed.  However, 116 is pretty pitiful even if it is against the best rush defense in the league because they still lost the game.  They still only had 6 first downs for the entire game and only averaged 2.9 yards per pass.  2.9.  That is not going to get you into the superbowl.

Honestly, the way LT was running, he could have had his own 100yd game. LT is far from washed up, all he ever needs is a fullback to create some running space, he's not a power runner. The thing is Schott called plays like a fool and chose to pass on 2nd and 3rd after running the ball effectively on first. I was calling run/pass easily from my friend's couch, so I'm sure the Ravens knew what was coming too and could easily stop the Jet's already poor pass offense.

And I won in both my fantasy leagues. In my PPR league Arian Foster got me a whopping 59pts. As for my other league, Jamaal Charles and Jahvid Best did all the work. I'm probably going to win again since on my PPR team I have Foster, Rice, and Mathews in the flex and in the other one I have Aaron Rodgers and Jennings.

Edited by jerseypaint - 15 September 2010 at 12:41am
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 10:52pm
Big brudder is really handing it to little brudder tonight.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 1:39am
Jets looking good as usual, though Revis needs to stop being such a drama queen.

The downside is that I lost in one of my leagues (damn you Best!) and am trailing 13pts in the other with 49ers DST and Crabtree left to play.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Who has two thumbs and lost his first Fantasy Football round because: 

• Hakeem Nicks decided to go nuts and catch for 75 yards and three touchdowns on my bench. 
  • Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson combined for seven points. 
This guy. 

And this week I benched Jahvid Best.

I had the second-most points in the league and still lost my game.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 10:18am
Drew Brees has been outscored two weeks in a row now.

It  is mere luck that I am 2-0.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 10:50am
I haven't followed football in a while, but,

GO RAMS! Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk still have a place in my heart, and I'll continue supporting the team they were on no matter how terribly they do.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 5:10pm
I like those two as well...

Around here things are getting a little rediculous...

They tremble at my name...
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 6:10pm
For some reason this years NFL season doesn't hold my interest as years past. Watched opening game, and that was it. I still miss the mud and snow games, real grass, I just cant get into football as it is now anymore.

I played in high school, was quite good, watched Super Bowl 1, remmember the days of Csonka and Kiick in Miami, The Iron Curtian, these chemically enhanced beasts now, no interest,

Edited by oldsoldier - 21 September 2010 at 6:13pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 3:19pm

LT is far from washed up

This.

He's been marching up and down on the Bills so far.

Anybody else having a good Sunday?
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 10:33pm
Nope, and gatyr pointed out why.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I like those two as well...

Around here things are getting a little rediculous...

And the phone number on his cereal box went to a phone sex hotline, game set mach ocho.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 11:55pm
Damn, Cutler would like a little protection
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 11:36am
Some things to point out from the world of fantasy sports: 

• Calvin Johnson is finally pulling in the points and getting me some wins. He dropped 22 on the Packers last weekend. I need more of this. 
  • Andre Johnson being hurt is cramping my style way bad. 
  • I'm torn between Finley and Cooley for starting TEs this weekend. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic