Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Expands X7 Phenom Marker Platform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Expands X7 Phenom Marker Platform
    Posted: 12 October 2011 at 11:33pm
I'd also like to see a stripped-down marker that is still adaptable for milsim stuff(I have been known to mount a red-dot, might even do a stock in some cases). When I played, I tended to go for form over function. I like my tank mounted on the gun, I like to be able to easily add a regulator or possibly a vertical bottle (I had high hopes when the A-5 came out since it had a built-in vert adapter, sadly they never seemed to work w/ a tank over 9oz). It seems to me that tippmann used to build gun-like markers that felt familiar to shooters and had decent ergonomics but were still paintball guns and didn't have things like magazines and alowwed for performance upgrading instead of cosmetic and ergonomic.

I'm going to sound like an old fart, but the pro-carbine was excellent despite its lack of easy and affordable upgrades. The forend w/ built-in elbow allowed you to clean the breach and barrel without spilling paint. That was IMO a major bonus since it was simple to keep it in operation during paint exchange.

I'd love to get back into the game when I can afford it, and have been looking at a gun to replace my somewhat outdated 98 custom. The only thing I can think of that tippmann makes that would do what I want would have to be the newer 98 customs milled for an e-grip and ACT. I can have a cyclone feed and still access the breach for the inevable ball break, ACT should minimize them, I can still have a flatline if I choose, and if I were ever to add a stock I'd like that x-chamber that the bottle screws into. I love my 98 w/ palmers' stab.

Since the buyout and especially after the spec-ops partnership (and the Army. I'm 25 years old, I don't want to advertise the army logo if i'm not in it) it seems like tippmann just doesn't hit the nail on the head like it used to. Sure, they finally came out with a pistol, made a more effecient marker like the phenom, and have fixed some of the complaints about previous markers, but they haven't come out with the next pro-carbine or 98.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Jake Jake wrote:

Is the Phenom fully auto?

No. You can switch it into a saftey full auto mode, in which you mash the trigger three times in a second and it goes into full auto. Or something similar enough to that, I forget. I think I use ramping on mine, its been awhile.

Most, if not all, modes on the Phenom involve pulling the trigger x number of times a second, then it goes into three round burst, full auto, whatever. Its been over a year since I used mine last.
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:43am
Is the Phenom fully auto?
              ★WTST Captain★
Woodsball Tactical Shock Troopers
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 7:01pm
I just noticed two things:

1. The M4 looks horrible. Its sad that they couldnt make a correct looking shroud.
2. The Phenom in the bottom right hand corner doesnt have TIPPMANN cast into it.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Enough with the milsim markers already.Also, why is this in T&O?

A- It's how they made the cheddar
B- it's a paintball forum. Their paintball forum.

I bet they made more on the 98 and 98c. They supplied a great line of non-milsim GTA products for both the 98 and A5. I'm also aware this is the Tippmann forum, but of all the subforums I'm not sure the off topic one was the best choice. I guess that's why you made your thread about the new designs in T&O too.

Oh wait.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by TippmannEmployee1 TippmannEmployee1 wrote:

There is a company out there making a double trigger for the phenom. Here is there info.

www.killjoyindustries.com/

1. I like GTA.(geeze, are GTA still called GTA?)
2. For $48.50, I dont want to be filing stuff. I'm more than capable of doing that, but I want what I pay for.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 1:09pm
There is a company out there making a double trigger for the phenom. Here is there info.

www.killjoyindustries.com/

Edited by TippmannEmployee1 - 10 September 2010 at 1:12pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 12:32pm
FE: My Phenom works quite well in the cold. I had no issues with it whatsoever last winter.

Tippmann Employee: Not that it matters, but I think the new magwells were much needed. But a question that has not been answered, wheres my double trigger?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 2:02pm
Actually, I do know what your talking about, but I'm not trolling.  I'm pointing out that when someone talks about the sport of paintball as an entity I tend to think of the people who play it as opposed to the (for lack of a better description) industry/association gurus who try to run it.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 10:18am
Mack, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Quit trolling.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:18am
^^^ I have to wonder, what exactly is this "paintball" that is "trying to distance itself?"  If you judge by the numbers of mil-sim markers being produced/sold it would seem that there is a definite market for them.  Is "paintball" really anything more than the people who play it?  If not, then it would seem that "paintball" may not be trying to distance itself from the "guns and killing" image.  There may be some people involved in the sport that think this way, but the market growth for these products would indicate that they may not be representative of the majority of people involved in the the sport.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Can we agree that this post should be un-stickied in a month or so? I don't see the point in keeping this up and we should agree on a date.

Agreed.

It is junking up my precious topic space.

Also I am agreeing with USAF, the milsim thing is really getting out of hand. Paintball in general is trying to distance itself from the guns and killing image in order to bring it into the mainstream more. Markers like these are not helping the cause at all.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:06am
Can we agree that this post should be un-stickied in a month or so? I don't see the point in keeping this up and we should agree on a date.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Enough with the milsim markers already.Also, why is this in T&O?

A- It's how they made the cheddar
B- it's a paintball forum. Their paintball forum.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 5:45pm
Just a matter of taste. Creating reality out of differing shape of reciever from the true iron operating system is an art form in itself.

These creations are a good step foward, the RAP system is gaining, and of course there is always airsoft for reality, now with true gas blowback and gas recoil systems.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 5:33pm
^^^ . . . and he is protected by presidential decree.

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

The AK is decent, but the rest look rather bad. Even when I was madly into Milsim I wouldn't have purchased one of those.

The G36 isn't too bad either.  I really think the A5 is better suited for MP5 mods . . . and I have never thought Tippmanns were that suitable for M16/M4 mods.

Edited Addition:  I am glad though that they finally are coming out with more magazine options. 

Edited by Mack - 08 September 2010 at 5:34pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 4:14pm
Because Tippmann Employee is our pet... um, Tippmann employee.

He's cool.

KBK
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 3:53pm
Enough with the milsim markers already.

Also, why is this in T&O?

Edited by High Voltage - 08 September 2010 at 3:55pm
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 3:42pm
Phenom will work well in cold weather. i would recommend using compressed air over co2. Any gun in cold temps using co2 has the chance to freeze.

Edited by TippmannEmployee1 - 08 September 2010 at 4:02pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 3:39pm
The AK is decent, but the rest look rather bad. Even when I was madly into Milsim I wouldn't have purchased one of those.

Sorry but it's true.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic