Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98c disassembling help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LTB1388 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTB1388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98c disassembling help
    Posted: 25 August 2010 at 5:20pm

I don't know if anoyone else has/ or had this problem but none of the allen wrench screws on my gun come lose The main problem is the screw at the bottom of the handle just above the co2 tank hook up, It's close to if not allready strippedCry 

So then i tryed another screw on the body and it aswell wouldn't losen. I've tryed spraying WD40 on both sides of the screws, same result. What started me to take my gun appart was that I wanted to see about installing a responce trigger that I bought.

any help would be appreciated!  

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 3:43pm
WD40 won't really loosen up stuck fasteners, at least it never has for me. Pick up a bottle of penetrating oil at the hardware store, there's a few brands specifically designed for this kind of thing.

Just make absolutely sure you're using proper standard allen wrenches that fit the bolt heads. A metric allen wrench WILL fit, and you'll think it's the right thing until it shreds hell out of the bolt heads.

What did you do, never open the gun up and hosed it down? The bolts and nuts could have rusted a bit. Once you get the thing cracked open I bet you'll learn your lesson on properly maintaining a gun.
LTB1388 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTB1388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 5:25pm
what brand would you recomend?

Yes i never opened the gun, and the screws where that tight from the time I bought it. I tryed for the first time when I bought it to open up my gun just so I could get it down and i had the same result then. I can't remember the size of the allen wrench but it was part of the set of tools that came w/ my gun.
LTB1388 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTB1388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 1:44am
would you recomend liquid wrench?
Ken448 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken448 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 12:07pm
yes liquid wrench would work.  put the gun on its side and fill each nut with it and just let it sit over night.  Post your location, Im sure there's plenty of people out there to help you.  I would if you are close to me.  
Ken
SE Michigan
98 Custom, A5 RT, SP Nerve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic