FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dorm Essentials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dorm Essentials
    Posted: 24 August 2010 at 9:18pm
Men, Boys, and Female,

It is almost time for me to move in for my first year of college, and I know if others haven't yet its time for them too.  I want to make sure I have everything I should for our room, and I know most of you guys will know the niche items a dorm should have.  I'm not talking toiletries, basic necessities, etc.  I'm looking for the things that people don't normally think of or that aren't typical living necessities and any tips you guys have.  So, what do I need to bring and what should I have?

Thanks brodudes.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 9:36pm
50 pack of magnum condoms and a wad of hundreds. Fool proof way to impress your roommate.
///AMG What?
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 9:58pm
Condoms. Whiskey.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 10:37pm
Lots of fans. My freshman year, we had 5 in our little dorm room.  In the summer, when it was hot outside, it was boiling inside. Then, in the winter when it was -16* outside, it was STILL boiling inside, because the brick dorms on the sunny side of a mountain were like ovens.

Even if you have an AC unit, an oscillating fan can make it easier for you and your roomate to agree on what temp to keep the thermostat at.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 10:43pm
Truth^

I had two fans for me. Unless I was sleeping by the window the room was grossly hot.
Que pasa?

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 11:42pm
Hide your booze in your dirty laundry if/when searched. Nobody is going to look through there.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:03am
As stated before fan! it will save you, also a good set of headphones so you can work when your room mate is being loud or something. A good reading lamp, my room mate falls asleep before me so I use the lamp to get a lot of homework done. Also the last thing that has been awesome is bed risers (little blocks the bed sit on to raise it off the ground) give me so much more storage room.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Hide your booze in your dirty laundry if/when searched. Nobody is going to look through there.

this is good not only  for random searches, but for any (and hopefully no) thieving room mates. same goes for anything valuable. lock that stuff up. get a chain and padlock if you have to.

a room mate who leaves the door open or unlocked is unsafe...secure your stuff by any means.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:07am
What does your room come with?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:17am
As stated before fan! it will save you, also a good set of headphones so you can work when your room mate is being loud or something. A good reading lamp, my room mate falls asleep before me so I use the lamp to get a lot of homework done. Also the last thing that has been one of the best purchases are my bed risers, so much more storage room.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 1:23am
Beer.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 1:53am
loft your beds, and get either a futon or a small sleeper couch.  we had a 2 seat couch with a twin sized sleeper in it, and it worked well if either of us had a friend from back home over.  
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 7:07am
Tools. When some chick manages to break something and you can say in an offhand manner "Oh, I can fix that..." Instant brownie points.

Plus, you'll never know when you'll need them yourself. Keep a basic assortment of screwdrivers, all different sizes, a roll of duct tape, hammer, pliers, and various wrenches. That should serve you well.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 7:44am
^Duct tape is essential.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 9:54am
Hookers and blow obvisouly.
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 4:51pm
Small toster oven, if the college will let you have one.  Also a small fridge.  Other than that I used paper plates.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 9:15pm
Make you and your room mates beds into bunk beds so there is more room for activities.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 9:23pm

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 9:59pm
Yeah do that.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 10:54pm
Cool lamps.
Whiskey.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic