Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interview Attire?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Let them know as a baker you like to keep things classic, and prefer to stay inside the box:

Doesn't match pink gloves though. Shocked

LOL
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I am interviewing to be a baker

Then there's absolutely no reason not to dress like this:

Get out of my head!
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 4:05am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Tuxedo
Not a tuxedo.  A tuxedo-looking shirt.  Nothing says 'classy' with a slacker attitude like one of these.  You care enough to portray the look without the effort of the real thing.  Shoe-in!
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 7:41am

For all of my previous interviews I always wore the same thing. Black Button down shirt, white undershirt Black Dickies, white belt and the whitest shoes I could find.

I ♣ hippies.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 11:07am
Suit. Always, always, always a suit. If you don't own a suit, dress as nicely as possible. Button Down shirt, tie, charcoal or black slacks. Khakis give off too much of a laid-back vibe, as do polos and button down shirts without a tie.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Home_11001_10050

Click for great justice!

Also, their in-store prices are a lot better, and if you can find an outlet, they get dirt-cheap. Last two suits I bought from there ran me < $175

Edited by tallen702 - 24 August 2010 at 11:10am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 11:22am

Suit.

And polish your shoes... Nothing says "I'm a slacker" faster than wearing dress shoes that are all dusty and dirty.

And I always check the prospects car when they are filling out the paperwork...

Is it clean? are the tires worn out? Will it enable the person to get to work consistantly.
They tremble at my name...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 11:41am
I think it really depends on the position. I've done hiring in the past for various positions, and for me, a suit was actually a bit of a negative in certain cases. If you are hiring for a dishwasher, busboy, ice cream scooper etc, showing up to an interview in a 3 pc suit makes you look like a douche. Khakis, polos or button downs are fine. Same with a warehouse position, stock boy etc. If you are hiring for a sales position or office job where the attire is suits/ties, than sure. I have even gone so far as to let the people know what they should wear for the interview to remove all doubt. If in doubt, ask. It shows that you want to make a good first impression and be a team player.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 24 August 2010 at 11:45am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Suit. Always, always, always a suit. If you don't own a suit, dress as nicely as possible. Button Down shirt, tie, charcoal or black slacks. Khakis give off too much of a laid-back vibe, as do polos and button down shirts without a tie.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Home_11001_10050

Click for great justice!

Also, their in-store prices are a lot better, and if you can find an outlet, they get dirt-cheap. Last two suits I bought from there ran me < $175

The JosABanks around here always have some RIDICULOUS deals going on. They just recently had a Buy One, get Two suits free sale. Only limit was that they couldn't cost more than the first suit. Unbelievably awesome deal. Wish I had managed to take part in it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Let them know as a baker you like to keep things classic, and prefer to stay inside the box:

Doesn't match pink gloves though. Shocked
 LOL That's cold man.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 5:30pm
So, a belated "good luck" and let us know how it went.

Edited by Mack - 24 August 2010 at 5:31pm
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

For all of my previous interviews I always wore the same thing. Black Button down shirt, white undershirt Black Dickies, white belt and the whitest shoes I could find.

I wish you could see the look on my face right now, but alas you can't.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

I wish you could see the look on my face right now, but alas you can't.
Is it this?

///AMG What?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 7:50pm
FE, I actually do always clean my car before an interview. I don't actually know why I do, just me being weird.

Anyway, the interview went horribly(kind of). The lady went home sick today. I instead talked to some other guy for like ten minutes. He asked me what I was looking for and what not. Then he gave me a tour of the facility. The place is HUGE. You could probably fit 10 of the bakeries I have worked in in the place.

I ended up ditching the polo shirt and instead went more douche. I did feel a little out of place walking into somewhere and the first person I see is wearing checks and a white shirt.

I wore this: (switch the shirt and pants colors. Also, the skin tone. I am not black.)

Que pasa?

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 1:47am
My last interview was with a suit. 
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 7:20am
Holy necro thread. WTH Stealth!?!?
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 8:26am
Did stealth get drunk?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 12:09pm
No, a spam bot necro'd the thread and I didn't realize it... The bot's post has since been deleted and now I look like an R-Tard.

Nothing unusual here - go about your business. 
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

No, a spam bot necro'd the thread and I didn't realize it... The bot's post has since been deleted and now I look like an R-Tard.

Nothing unusual here - go about your business. 

Suuuuuureeeee. That's exactly what a sentient spam necrobot would say......
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 2:51pm
So Armageddon starts today does it?
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 5:18pm
so did he get the job?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic