FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interview Attire?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview Attire?
    Posted: 23 August 2010 at 3:35pm
First: I hate interviews. Why am I even doing an interview? The government should be paying me.

Second: The only interview I have ever had for a real job was held in a Dunkin Donuts....which was awkward.

So what do you wear for an interview for an actual job?

This is the company:  http://www.pastryart.com

I am leaning towards my usual Khakis and Polo...yay or nay?
Que pasa?

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 3:37pm
Tuxedo
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 3:38pm
YES! I knew it!
Que pasa?

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:06pm
nude.

Employers are always looking to see how open you are as a person. Helps create a team environment.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:17pm
The type of job you are interviewing for can affect the expected interview attire along with the nature of the company.  What is the specific position?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:17pm
Mini-skirt and duct tape did it for my interviews.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:19pm
^^^ Pics or Shens
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:20pm
I am interviewing to be a baker
Que pasa?

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:24pm
I've always been told to dress one level above what you'd be wearing on a daily basis.

So, if you'd be in a t-shirt and jeans every day, wear slacks and a polo. If you'd be in slacks in a polo every day, put on a button down and a tie, and so on and so on.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

^^^ Pics or Shens

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 4:54pm
I always wear black slacks, a dark blue long sleeve button down shirt, and black shoes. Add a black belt and maybe a tie, and you got the power outfit.

Seriously. Dress nice, you only have to impress them once, then when youre baking you wear the standard bakery clothes.
///AMG What?
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 5:23pm
^^^yes.

Dress to impress. My sister conducts interviews. If you aren't dressed up to her standards....points off.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I've always been told to dress one level above what you'd be wearing on a daily basis.

So, if you'd be in a t-shirt and jeans every day, wear slacks and a polo. If you'd be in slacks in a polo every day, put on a button down and a tie, and so on and so on.

I should have probably gotten dressed for mine.

Yeah shirt and tie always. You want  to look like you care. If it was like a bar job or something a bit more casual then still a nice shirt and trousers.  If you drag your arse in looking like you dont give a hoot then you wont do well.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 5:48pm
Something black, it's slimming.  Also, vertical stripes.  
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I am interviewing to be a baker

Then there's absolutely no reason not to dress like this:

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 6:15pm
haha. i want to set up an interview somewhere now just to dress like that once at it.
Que pasa?

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 6:17pm
When I went to an interview at six flags, I dressed up with black slacks and a blue button up long sleeve and a tie. The person that hired me told me he was extremely happy that I dressed up because so many people don't. It doesn't hurt to dress up for one day. It just shows respect to the employer for giving their time to interview you.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 6:50pm
The retarded weirdo terrible roommate that was living in my room before me refused to dress up for interviews because "its not who I am"

He would show up unshowered, in shorts and sandals, and literally tell them "I'm not willing to dress up for you, but I am willing to work hard for you"

I wonder why he didn't get a job the entire time he lived there. I hate that guy...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:05pm
Let them know as a baker you like to keep things classic, and prefer to stay inside the box:

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Let them know as a baker you like to keep things classic, and prefer to stay inside the box:

Doesn't match pink gloves though. Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic