FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yuengling Lager vs Samual Adams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yuengling Lager vs Samual Adams
    Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:40pm
No contest for my taste, Yuengling Lager has a far better taste and no real slight bitter after taste like Samual Adams Boston Lager. I miss my Empyrean selections, but out here Yuengling wins my market share.

Edited by oldsoldier - 10 August 2010 at 11:52pm
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:44pm
My underage taste buds agree
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

No, contest for my taste, Yuengling Lager has a far better taste and no real slight bitter after taste like Samual Adams. I miss my Empyrean selections, but out here Yuengling wins my market share.
What sam adam's are we comparing with? Just normal boston lager?

If so I'd agree, I'm a fan of any and all none ale oktoberfest though so they get an auto plus.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:49pm
Amsterdam Blonde pwns all other beer.
I ♣ hippies.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:51pm
Drink the Ales. the Lagers are for Girls. Summer Ale, Oktoberfest and Boston Ale is where it's at.
heyitsbeil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyitsbeil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:53pm
for the price, Yuengling can't be beat. 
Swim, Bike, Run. Simple and easy to remember.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:54pm
I really prefer the dark selections, Black and Tan's, etc, since my supplier of real German beer is no longer in USAF american selections inhale deeply. Empyrean Scottish Ale is my fovorite Nebraska brew.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:54pm
I don't mind Yuengling, but it gives me a headache, even if I only drink one or two.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:55pm
Agreed 100 percent with OS. 

When comparing both price and taste, Yuengling Lager is a million times better than the basic Sam Adams Boston Lager. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 11 August 2010 at 12:00am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:59pm
I am on 5th one as we speak, one of those nights I allow myself to excess. I normally do not go all out, but the last few sleepless nights prove I do need a incentive assist to sleep.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:00am
I'll always connect Yuengling to my time covering the St. Pete Bowl and college football. 

Sitting with the crew from my newspaper in the hot tub of the media hotel in downtown St. Petersburg at 1 a.m., two 12 packs of Yuengling cans and a bottle of Malibu with us. 

We just let the empty cans float in the bubbles. 

The pool and hot tub area sort of overlooked the main drag so we could watch cars and some people go by. 

It was December, so it was a little chilly outside, making the hot tub feel even better. And the beer stayed cool on the deck. 

One of my favorite memories of college. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 11 August 2010 at 12:00am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I really prefer the dark selections, Black and Tan's, etc, since my supplier of real German beer is no longer in USAF american selections inhale deeply. Empyrean Scottish Ale is my fovorite Nebraska brew.
Well next time you pass through Wisconsin I still owe you a few homebrews in exchange of what you can get out east now that you have your estate.

My red ale is better than fat tire btw.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:08am
The old '33' Beer (now 333 export)in the bunkers, Coors when we smuggled it across the country, the Alsakan local homebrews, Frankenthaler in Germany (delievered right to the door in cases, one export, one pilsner)
my smuggled German beer delivered at OFFUT AFB by a friend who flew refuelers to Rhien-Main and back. The local brews of Lincoln,NE Empyrean and Granite City, and now Yuengling, all the memories of beers the world over.

And then there is 'Strange Brew' in the van underwater using the air in the bottles to keep the beer floating against the roof of the van.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:14am
Boston Lager has way too much hops for me. In general I find that Sammy A tends to be over hopped compared to the benchmark standards of every variety they make.

Another company that is bad about this is Sierra Nevada, but I have finally found one of their beers that I like. The "Tumbler Ale" is replacing their usual "Anniversary Ale" this year which turns out to be a nice brown ale with fine notes of nuttiness and smoked caramel that finishes with a medium malt and only slightly bitter hop which is mellowed significantly by the malt. S.N. tends to rely a lot on Cascade for their primary and secondary hopping which is why their beers usually induce headaches in me, but they've stuck to milder hops like the Williamette in this one, so I can drink it without worry.

As for Yuengling, it's alright, but I find it to be a bit too heavy on the malt for a lager. The color is also darker than I like in my lagers. I tend to stick to Pilsner Urquell, Czechvar (which is the REAL Budweiser btw!) and my favorite lager of all, Stella Artois.

My favorite ale is unfortunately no longer available in the States. Unibroue's "Raftman" is a smoked ale and good God is it fantastic.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Summer Ale, 
Heart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:24am
Empyrean
Luna Sea ESB has a good English feel to it, not over malted or hopped.
Red Shadow Fallfest also is a good German Alt style clone, excellant.

Granite City
Brother Benedict's Bock: a great German style Bock
Broad Axe Stout:The hint of chocolate and coffee are a great finish to a steak dinner.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:58am
I perfer a cold Samual Jackson

But seriously, this:
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

My underage taste buds agree
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 8:09am
I enjoy Yuengling. It isn't the end-all be-all of beer that a lot of people make it out to be, but it's not bad, especially for the price. I just lawl at all the people that try to tell me it's on par with <insert domestic microbrew> .
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 1:34pm

please and thank you

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 3:06pm
I was going to try Yuengling this weekend because I am sick of hearing how good it is.

I was informed by everyone else that it is over rated.
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic