Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann a5 re-cocking problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oliver12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliver12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann a5 re-cocking problems
    Posted: 07 August 2010 at 11:28pm
Hey everyone.

I Have a tippmann A5 with e-grip. Im using a J&J 12 Inch barrel and 68Ci Hpa tank and am firing evil paintballs through it.

I'll be firing and after a while it will just Not-recock it self i will recock it and it will work for a little longer and then not-recock again!!

I Was using it with a remote line and it was having this problem and then i tried the stock air line and the problem was still there.

i have taken it apart completely and cleaned, and reassembled properly and the problem kept occuring.I have also fired a few drops of oil throught the gun and it didnt fix the problem. If it makes a difference, it started chopping alot before this problem started. i recently replaced the battery in the e-grip with a 9V rechargable one. And the gun is currently missing its velocity screw.

thanks

Oliver

Edited by oliver12345 - 07 August 2010 at 11:29pm
Uber J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uber J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:48am
Your last two sentences could be your problems. Rechargable batteries sometimes dont have enough ampage as a standard 9 volt. Also the brand will make a difference, the less you pay for a battery the less you should expect from it. As for the velocity screw missing you could have dirt or debris causing irregular velocity spikes that can hinder the blowback action. Another thing i would check is the egrip assembly, depending on if its a new breakbeam board (X7 style) or older board with sear relay pin you could have wrong sear/trigger/spring. If all else fails call tippmann, their customer support is awesome.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 6:40pm
Uber pretty much covered it.  I would just add that I wouldn't use rechargeables at all and I would only consider using Energizers.  (Duracells seem to have issues in electronic markers.)
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 6:54pm
With the gun missing velocity screw it is venting pressure out the hole, not allowing it to cycle as required with correct pressure. A velocity screw is maybe $.50. Battery amps does have a lot to do with the 'timing' of the cock and lock sequence, stop being cheap and get new namebrand batteries.
oliver12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliver12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 3:55pm
Hey

I have Put a new veloctiy screw in the marker. I tested it and the problem continues, i will try a different battery to see if that works. However, i have been told on another forum that it may need a new hammer o-ring as it may be swollen, what do you guys think???
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 5:14pm
O-rings could be problem also- get a good lubricant also. I use Gold Cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic