FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TippmannEmployee1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by TippmannEmployee1 TippmannEmployee1 wrote:

I will only answer legitimate and Tippmann related questions.

Does the Tippmann Boss include support after the one-year warranty? If not, where can I purchase replacement parts?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 8:53am
Ok,

Tippmann Hq still in Fort Wayne - This is correct, our Hq is in Fort Wayne, IN. We also have an office in Buffalo Grove, IL

C3 - The plan was always to only produce 3,000 C3 markers and that is what we did.

10 round mags tpx - To be honest i am really not sure what our guys down in R&D are working on.

Different Color Tippmanns
- Tippmann did make the model 98 in the chamelon colors, there were not a ton of these made.

Tippmann Challenges - The tippmann challenge is now a world wide event, we have them in different country's and also in different spots in the US. To answer your question i am not sure where we will have challenges in 2011 but there will be some on the schedule.

Factory FA - I have no clue. That was before my time. I will ask Jr. today and see if he can remember.

Edited by TippmannEmployee1 - 11 August 2010 at 8:54am
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 10:33am
this is something i didn't think to ask...if you're a tippmann employee why didn't you just make yourself a moderator?

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

this is something i didn't think to ask...if you're a tippmann employee why didn't you just make yourself a moderator?
Or actually make the tippmann engineers use their forum?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 11:15am
Never really thought about making my self a moderator, and the engineers are so busy they dont have time. If you have a specific question for them let me know and ill get the answer. 
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 11:31am

Never really thought about making my self a moderator, and the engineers are so busy they dont have time. If you have a specific question for them let me know and ill get the answer. 
Then why would they make the forum in the first place? We went 10 years without an engineer forum and then bam. New forum that goes completely unused.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 11:36am
I love my a-5, and I play in the fall and winter primarily.

I have over 75 players that participate at my private events monthly in the wintertime. Currently I recommend Tippmann markers, and since I use an A-5... Many of the guys that play end up with a-5's as well. (or x-7's).

My issue is the ratchet in the cyclone feeder. In the cold it has a tendancy to break. There are no paintball stores in our area that carry this part, as they have all gone out of business. Because of this I always carry two a-5's... So I have a backup. EVERY game someone ends up using this backup.. as they have a ratchet break... and ordering a new ratchet, or stripping it down to replace the ratchet... Neither can be done easily on game day...

And the plastic ratchet has a tendancy to do this pretty quick in cold weather, no matter what grease you use, or how often you clean the marker. And I don't have any type of trigger kit... My gun is semi-auto only.

The aftermarket metal parts are nice, but you have to upgrade both the rod, and ratchet to get it to perform consistently. And Tippmann doesn't offer these...

This is a problem. I realize metal parts are more expensive than plastic, but the reliability is a huge issue and hurts your reputation. I know of at least 5 of my players who have 98 customs and will not upgrade to an a-5 because of this issue, as they feel that the decrease speed of fire is worth it because the 98 is more reliable...

You could easily remedy this by offering a "armored" version that has metal cyclone parts for cold weather use... I have found ways to help alleviate this issue by keeping my gun warm, and in a cooler with a heat source along with my paint... And most of my players do the same.

Or by putting ratchet parts (not just the a-5 kit, as that is expensive and you end up using only the replacement ratchet right away... then need another) in box stores, where people can get them quickly if needed. Or just replace this part with metal for all production a-5's/X-7's...

I have done testing for many different companies over the years, so I understand the process, and time it takes to do something like this, feel free to PM me if you want to talk seriously about this issue.

Glenn M
Owner
Trails of Doom private paintball field
Oxford Ohio

They tremble at my name...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 12:11pm
see my last post.  A monthly drawing for free stuff, i.e. T shirts, stickers parts, mods/upgrades or maybe even a marker around the holidays. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 2:54pm
Ill see what i can do.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 11:42pm

Hows about including Forum propoganda in every box?

Also, are those older style Tippmann shirts for sale? The black or white shirts with red TIPPMANN across the chest, and "PAINTBALL-MADE IN USA" underneath? I have both shirts but they have seen better days.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:31am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Hows about including Forum propoganda in every box?.

Little strips similar to fortune cookie fortunes:

"FUN DUCK"
-- Tippmann Forum --
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:26pm
We are currently out of those shirts.  We will be getting them back in but it will only be in Black with Red lettering. 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:33pm
Hey TE,  maybe Tippmann could send some of the new products for field trials to selected forumers.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:48pm
I will bring that idea up to our marketing department. 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Hey TE,  maybe Tippmann could send some of the new products for field trials to selected forumers that actually still play on a regular basis rather than the Mods who in general, don't really seem to play that much.  
Fixed.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 13 August 2010 at 12:56pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 4:42pm
Do you know when the shirts will come in? I loved mine.

Also, do you know if/when Phenom double triggers will be available? Secondly, are there any plans for a redesign on the Phenoms reciever(a stripped down version)? There are a few people out there hacking away at the things, removing the atrocious magwell and the like with a file and hacksaw. I want to do that but I have a low serial and dont want to destroy the thing.

Oh, also, do all Phenoms have the serial number engraved twice? I have one and a half serial numbers on my marker, although they both are the same number.

Edit: Slap up Dennis, and make him post on the Forum.

Edited by SSOK - 13 August 2010 at 5:07pm
Magoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 4:52pm

I will bring that idea up to our marketing department. 

Hah. Throwing my name in the hat. Look up "DeTrevni." ;)
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 6:03pm
Why does the forum now have ridiculously indecipherable CAPTCHA codes to login, yet we still get spambots?
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Why does the forum now have ridiculously indecipherable CAPTCHA codes to login, yet we still get spambots?
Seriously, we need web vBulletin forum software, it's so much better.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 4:02pm
Thank you TippmannEmployee1, those are the most vague answers I have ever seen.

You should write a book, "1000 ways to say 'I don't know'"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic