Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 select fire egrip misfire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matt s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 select fire egrip misfire
    Posted: 01 August 2010 at 6:10am
Guys I have a bit of an issue with the above

Been fitted to my x7 for 6 months and suddenly it's started to misfire. For every 10 trigger pulls 5 are not doing anything.

It happens in all modes. I have stripped and rebuilt the marker as well as the egrip but still no good.

The sear looks good and when not connected to the marker the grip works 100%. 10 out of 10 pulls.

I'm wondering if it's the hammer that's the problem?

All help very much appreciated
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2010 at 10:12am
Try a different (new) battery.  A battery that is starting to go dead can still have enough juice to make the grip sound like it is working but not cause the pin to hit the sear with enough force to trip it.
Matt s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2010 at 6:51pm
Batt change was the first thing I did. No cure.

I can only think it's the hammer 
Matt s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:36pm
Any ideas guy?
FlyByNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyByNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:04pm
Not sure how much the x7 is like the phenom in this regard, but it sounds exactly like the problem you see when the trigger plug has backed out a bit.  Tippmann has a video up about it on youtube - removing the trigger pin, re-tightening the trigger plug, and regreasing/reinserting the trigger pin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic