Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Oil/Lube?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Oil/Lube?
    Posted: 01 August 2010 at 1:35am
Quick Question: Is there any certain Oil/lube to use on a paintball gun? Or like would it be fine to use like tri Flow? i don't even know if its called oil or lube, lol. 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2010 at 10:13am
What marker?
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 4:23am
tippmann 98 custom
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 9:46pm
Any off the shelf Paintball Marker oil that's sold at your Local Paintball Shop will work fine. remember when oiling your valve, remove your Barrel and put 2-3 drops into your ASA (that's where you screw in the tank) screw in your tank and fire off a few shots from an UNLOADED marker. To get the oil into your marker internals. Then remove the Air Source and replace the Barrel. Put a drop on Moving parts.
hellcat420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellcat420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 9:08am
i just use regular gun oil in my markers and have never had a problem. hell ive never even had to replace an o-ring in my a-5 and ive been running that for around 8 years now
* i use hoppe's gun oil

Edited by hellcat420 - 23 August 2010 at 9:11am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:59pm

^^^^ what the others said. One thing to remember, is not to used WD-40.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
DVLCHLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVLCHLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 4:25pm

Real guns don't have O-rings because they don't have to deal with holding air pressure. Paintball markers aren't real guns. So what are they? They are closer to an air tool than a real gun. So you can use air tool oil on a paintball marker. Why is this important?  Because air tool oil is CHEAP.

When you buy "paintball gun oil" it's just air tool oil in a bottle labeled "paintball gun oil". lol. Then they charge you $3.00-$5.00 for a one ounce bottle. lol.

Don't fall for that old trick. Here's the exact oil I've used for years and it works great. It's exactly the same as alot of "paintball gun oils". You can buy  bigger bottles of other brands for even less but 4 ounces last  me a really long time.

Edited by DVLCHLD - 08 September 2010 at 12:07am
I've never seen anyone own the woods because of what marker they use.
LTB1388 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTB1388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 2:03am
i think this is the right place to post this..
i'm woundering if liquid wrench is a good penetrating oil to use for losening screws?
mv1luv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mv1luv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 9:09am
true with the compressor oil its cheap and works just as good 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic