Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major air leak from my Phenom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mccartyb03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccartyb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major air leak from my Phenom
    Posted: 31 July 2010 at 6:58pm
This started last weekend during a team practice. Only put about 4000 rounds through the gun. I pull the trigger, and it will dump all the air until there is none left. It sounds like a minigun. If it actually shot paintballs this fast i might be ok with it :D

I stripped the valve down. no damaged o-rings, everything is greased, no visible damage to anything.

I only aired the gun up then turned the air off. If I hadnt turned it off it would dump all 3000 psi in about 15 seconds.
mccartyb03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccartyb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 2:39pm
Figured it out thanks to a second call to tippmann
o-ring TA30050. you would never even know it was there until you remove the hog-ring holding the power tube assembly in the valve. And even then I still had to be looking for this o-ring. Apparently some phenoms from the factory are totally missing this o-ring. how i was able to shoot approx 2 cases of paint through it and only have a problem now? I have no idea.
Anyways, stripped the valve all the way down, including the power tube assembly. No o-ring in there. already had an o-ring kit shipped to me and should be here in the next few days. good to know in the future i guess 

Edited by mccartyb03 - 06 August 2010 at 2:39pm
Rogue

Proudly Sponsored by Tippmann
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 12:08am
Thanks for posting the remedy to the Leak. Some one could benefit from it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic