Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x7 phenom with freak barrel kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CoDLegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoDLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x7 phenom with freak barrel kit
    Posted: 31 July 2010 at 5:28pm
Ok, so I have the x7 phenom and basically have decided to get a freak kit. I want the full kit with the tactical front. What I want to know and just can't seem to find the answers is A) will the freak barrel work with the x7 phenom (I'm assuming you'd use A5 threads)? And B) Will the x7 shrouds still fit using a freak barrel? If the shrouds won't fit I'll probably get a hammerhead straightline or something because I like the ump front and I have a grip that requires using a shroud. If anyone could please answer these questions and if at all possible maybe post or link some pics showing you're own x7 with a freak barrel, I would be very appreciative. Thanks.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 11:17pm
You may want to try over at www.x7og.net. I would say, they SHOULD fit, but it all depends on the OD of the barrel kit. If all else fails, I am sure you could make the shrouds fit using a dremel or files if needed. Alternatively, if the barrel OD is considerably less than the stock barrel, you can use hockey tape or electrical tape to help get a tighter fit. 
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
CoDLegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoDLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2010 at 11:46pm
Thanks for the advice. I think it will fit as I have seen many people "talk" about there x7 phenoms with the freak barrel kits, but not one person that I've seen has ever posted pics or confirmed they're using it with a shroud. I just wanted to be sure before I went out and purchased one, as it's a good $160 plus shipping for me. However, I'm sure if it doesn't work smartparts would allow me to return it, as I wouldn't have even used the barrel. I'd just be out the shipping probably. Still, if anyone out there has any pics of there x7 phenom with a freak on it I'd love to see them. Probably won't be getting the barrel for awhile still yet.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:04am
I wouldnt be so sure about Smart Parts accepting it back as they have recently filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy. However, if you purchased from a reputable vendor, they most likely will accept it back unless they sold it as Non returnable.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
CoDLegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoDLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 3:07am
Really? Smartparts is going bankrupt? That's too bad. I was actually going to buy from a store in town here that said they might be able to order them. I'll have to ask about the return policy. If not would you have any suggestions for a good barrel?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic