Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gun finish and cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11-nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gun finish and cleaning
    Posted: 28 July 2010 at 9:19pm
I have a 5 98's and an A5.  All were bought used.  All 98's were thoroughly used.  the A5 was used only 3 times before I bought it and looks brand new.
the finish on the 98's are terrible.  The paint is worn terribly on the guns.  Not knowing the real reason, I am thinking it doesn't have so much to do from the gun being beat up during play as much as it does from lack of cleaning and maintenance.  Does paintball paint wear off the finish of the guns?
How do you clean the paint off of your guns after a game?  there are many nooks and crannies on the guns to clean out.  how do you clean them?
Might be a dumb question.  I have this nice A5 that I'd like to keep nice.
Thanks
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 10:11pm

Get copies of the manuals here: www.tippmannparts.com , take them apart, and clean them. I usually soak the receiver halves in warm soapy water along with the barrels, and plastic parts. Screws, pins, springs, etc, I usually clean with denatured alcohol. Unless it's broke, no reason to really touch the valve except to wipe it down. Oil the o-rings up and put it back together.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic