Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich Party promoted the KKK? THE DEMOCRATS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Party promoted the KKK? THE DEMOCRATS!
    Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:36am
Shocking how many black people vote democratic. Especially if you know US history. My family has been in the US since the 1600's. (before that for my Chrokee relatives).

And yet... Most people have been manipulated by their poor education to believe that the democratic party was opposed to the KKK.

Look back at which party was against the civil rights movement.

Primarily the democrats.

Well, after the NAACP came out and called the Tea party "racists" I figured as one of the most photographed members of the Cincinnati Tea party (I was on the front page of 4 local papers for one of our largest tea parties.)

It is time for the public to get educated about who started the resurgence of the KKK.

"Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) has falsely accused  the Tea Party of having ties to the Ku Klux Klan.  Speaking at the NAACP convention, she said: ďAll those who wore sheets a long time ago lifted them off to wear Tea Party clothing.Ē

Now is the time to speak some Truth to Power.

It would have been far more truthful for the congresswoman to have admitted the fact that all those who wore sheets a long time ago lifted them to wear Democratic Party clothing.  Yes, the Ku Klux Klan was established by the Democratic Party.  Yes, the Ku Klux Klan murdered thousands of Republicans ó African-American and white Ė in the years following the Civil War.  Yes, the Republican Party and a Republican President, Ulysses Grant, destroyed the KKK with their Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871.

How did the Ku Klux Klan re-emerge in the 20th century?  For that, the Democratic Party is to blame.

It was a racist Democrat President, Woodrow Wilson, who premiered Birth of a Nation in the White House.  That racist movie was based on a racist book written by one of Wilsonís racist friends from college.  In 1915, the movie spawned the modern-day Klan, with its burning crosses and white sheets.

Inspired by the movie, some Georgia Democrats revived the Klan.  Soon, the Ku Klux Klan again became a powerful force within the Democratic Party.  The KKK so dominated the 1924 Democratic Convention that Republicans, speaking truth to power, called it the Klanbake.  In the 1930s, a Democrat President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, appointed a Klansman, Senator Hugo Black (D-AL), to the U.S. Supreme Court.  In the 1950s, the Klansmen against whom the civil rights movement struggled were Democrats.  The notorious police commissioner Bull Connor, who attacked African-Americans with dogs and clubs and fire hoses, was both a Klansman and the Democratic Partyís National Committeeman for Alabama.  Starting in the 1980s, the Democratic Party elevated a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV), to third-in-line for the presidency.

Speaking more Truth to Power, the Republican Party has been a resolute enemy of the Ku Klux Klan, terrorist wing of the Democratic Party."

My mother was teaching kindergarden in Fayetteville NC during this time, as my father was stationed at Ft. Bragg. She had three black children in her class, and the KKK terrorized their class as they tried to leave each day. The police were useless and my mother litterally took her life into her hands by walking these three boys home each day, past the taunts and violence that they used against her for teaching these children. She recognized the voices of one of the most violent and abusive klan members who was also a democratic leader in the area.  Crosses were burned in our yard monthly by these thugs. In fact, as a teenager, in the 80's I remember crosses being burned in my front yard as we always did things to help the poor, many of which were black.

So when Democrats try and spin that republicans or tea party members are KKK members. Just look at the facts. The rebirth of the KKK was started in the white house by a democrat.

"Thomas Dixon, author of the source play The Clansman, was a former classmate of President Woodrow Wilson at Johns Hopkins University. Dixon arranged a screening at the White House, for Wilson, members of his cabinet, and their families. Wilson was reported to have commented of the film that "it is like writing history with lightning. And my only regret is that it is all so terribly true". In Wilson: the new freedom, Arthur Link quotes Wilson's aide, Joseph Tumulty, who denied Wilson said this and also claims that "the President was entirely unaware of the nature of the play before it was presented and at no time has expressed his approbation of it."[13] However, Woodrow Wilson's History of the American People explained the Ku Klux Klan of the late 1860s as the natural outgrowth of Reconstruction, a lawless reaction to a lawless period. Wilson noted that the Klan "began to attempt by intimidation what they were not allowed to attempt by the ballot or by any ordered course of public action."[14] In the film, approbation for the Klan, citing Wilson's History, is directly quoted.

Relentless in publicizing the film, Dixon was apparently the source for the quotation. It has been repeated so often in print that it has taken on a separate life. Dixon went so far as to promote the film as "Federally endorsed". After controversy over the film had grown, Wilson wrote that he disapproved of the "unfortunate production."[15] D. W. Griffith responded to the film's negative critical reception with his next film Intolerance."

They tremble at my name...
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:13am

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:51am
It's almost like there was..... some sort of realignment in the late sixties/early seventies....

That's NEVER happened in politics before.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 11:48am
Good thing we still live in that time.  Thanks for the useless information that I already knew.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 12:00pm
/facepalm.jpg

Clearly, the Republican party would accept these throngs of African Americans with open arms. If only they could see the error of their political leanings. 
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Especially if you know US history.

lol
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 2:21pm
As has been pointed out, there is nothing intellectually honest about your post. Which is funny coming from someone who oft claims that others are never honest in their posts.

• A massive political realignment happened where the lines of liberal and conservative, and how they connect to the Democratic and Republican parties, through the decades of the 1900s, coming to fruition in the 1960s and 1970s.
  • During that time of realignment, the Democratic party splintered into the modern Democratic party and the southern Democrats, known as the Dixiecrats.
  • Statistically, the majority of the conservative southern Dixiecrats switched their party allegiance to the Republican party in the 70s and 80s - in response to Nixon's "Silent majority," and by the 90st most of the registration switches were in place. That is why the deep south, as it stands now, is hard to the Republican side. 
  • You talk about the various Civil Rights acts, remember it was a "modern Democrat" who pushed for and signed the 1964 act. LBJ had to strong arm a lot of southern Dixiecrats to get it done.

And the best part: I learned all of that in high school. Not even just college, but in my junior and senior level high schools classes.

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 3:50pm
I ♣ hippies.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 3:55pm
I assume FE's homeschooling doesn't include the party realignment. Quality education you offer there.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 4:02pm
Wow, fail ensued rather quickly. Whale nailed all the bullet points. There are very few senators who didn't switch parties when the realignment occurred. Robert Byrd was one of the few who remained Democrat. For an excellent example of a KKK supporting Dem turned Republican, see Strom Thurmond.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 5:41pm
More importantly than all else-isn't playing the race card kind of a left wing strategy anyway? Honestly, I rarely even hear liberals trying to trump up their blaxploitation game anymore.

This just goes back to my post a couple weeks ago, the right is the new left.

Now, if you want to get into the victimization of minority cultures that was popular on the left a few years ago, there's alot of truth to be had there. 

There's a basic truth here, that bears mention in this thread though-

Conservative=Little Change

Liberal=Lots of Change

A very simplified way to look at two terms. There are times when conservatism is necessary (i.e. far reaching change with unknown results) and times when liberalism is necessary (i.e. the civil rights movement).

To attempt to credit either term to Republican or Democrat is silly. While Democrats have been notoriously liberal, while Republicans have been notoriously conservative, there are those in both who excercise the proper ideology at the proper time. 
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:18pm
Do we actually have 'Party Re-Alignment'. In todays deep south there still is 'The Wrong Side of the Tracks' occupied by Blacks and then the more pure white areas. Many of these small towns in deep Mississippi, Alabama, Louisianna, which are predominantly lead by Democrat Mayors and City Councils have not re-aligned. Ask any Black Family that has the means or desire to move into many areas of the South for jobs, and the reception given by city 'officials'. Have picked up and delivered truck loads in small towns where there is a very distinct line, one of the worst I saw was Conway, Arkansas, where except for the 1950's signage the 'rules' still applied. Columbus, Georgia was and still is a city with a very distince 'policy' of who lives where, even minority military familes (Ft. Benning)still will not live in certian areas, and the city officials are predominantly Democrat from mayor's office to City Council. The 'policies' are of course 'unofficial' and found no where in writing, but be a minority and buy in the wrong place. A friend made the mistake, being from New Jersey, and not having dealt with 'southern' issues had his house vandalized numerous times, and the police just had a 'ho-hum' approach. His Company Commander took him aside and explained the 'rules' of Columbus, Georgia, and he sold at a loss and moved to where 'his kind' were approved to live, and that was after he returned from Irag in 2006. Nothing has changed based on 're-alignment' except you can now longer be open on your racism, must be more 'politically correct' on how it is applied. Ever notice the Jesse or AL never go into the hinterlands of the South with thier message, they stay in the more visable cities, where the problem is not as severe as backwoods Philidelphia, Mississippi.

And the state of current racial affairs such as the NAACP and The New Black Panther Party, is no differant in the approach of the KLAN in many aspects, so the Democrats also play the race card as it is needed in the affairs of the body politic be it Black or Hispanic. Jesse Jackson and the likes of Al Sharpton would never actually try to end the rifts, for to do so means they no longer have a place of power, and/or an income based on this rift

Travel any inner city and explain how and why 'The Great Society' failed, how vast amounts of money were dumped into these social programs in both Republican and Democrat mayored cities, for what return?. Whale you should know the affiars of Atlanta as we speak, where the actual 'DMZ' is, and the problems facing the Black as well as White communities.

Racism still exsists though not as open, and in the Deep South Democrats still rule the small communities where it is still 1963 without the signage.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Racism still exsists though not as open, and in the Deep South Democrats still rule the small communities where it is still 1963 without the signage.

I honestly don't know what anything you typed had to do with anything that was being discussed here. At all. What did any of that have to do with party realignment? Are you saying that the switch between liberal and conservative as it applies to Democrat and Republican didn't happen?

Yes, there are still conservative "Blue Dog" Democrats.

Yes, there are still people who are registered Democrats from the 50s and 60s in the south. But if you look at the way those folks vote, they either vote for local Blue Dogs or they vote for Republicans.

For president, they almost exclusively vote Republican.

Them's statistics. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 7:41pm
What is really funny is that FE, will once again not admit that he is in the wrong.  Even though this is the 3rd time that I have seen him been completely wrong since he stated that he always admits when he is wrong.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:17pm
It is just the re-writing of history. The KLAN was a Democrat political Machine for the longest time, now the re-writing of history post Byrd portrays it as something else. Vast Left Wing, and Vast Right Wing are the same political animal, with differant agendas. When Democrats are in power it is the role of the opposition party (GOP)to maintain a balance, not agree whole heartedly with political agendas thier voters do not approve of, and vice versa when the GOP is in power. Major social/economic changes that are swirling through the Democrat led Congress has major ramifacations for future generations, your grandchildren not even on your radar are already in debt to the US government for @$147,000, and the social spending that has a serious track record of limited return or outright failure continue. This feel good now pay for it later agenda is destroying the economy, and social structure.

The Democrat political machine is just as racist as the Republican machine, just the public affairs people of the Democrats are more skilled at misdirection.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:18pm
Politicians do not care about you at all.  It is all for a vote.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:33pm

It is just the re-writing of history. The KLAN was a Democrat political Machine for the longest time, now the re-writing of history post Byrd portrays it as something else.

Realignment is a long documented occurence in political science. It has nothing to do with rewriting history. Research all the way back to the Whigs...this is basic political stuff. Of course, if you want to get complex about it, you're welcome to dive into the hundreds of thousands of pages of research that have been done on it in the past fifty years or so.

Again, read my post on the real meanings of conservative and liberal. It's all really basic when you get down to bare facts.

Vast Left Wing, and Vast Right Wing are the same political animal, with differant agendas. When Democrats are in power it is the role of the opposition party (GOP)to maintain a balance, not agree whole heartedly with political agendas thier voters do not approve of, and vice versa when the GOP is in power.

This much, for certain, is very true. One party in full power sets the system back, and is detrimental to keeping the system as central as possible.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:40pm

It is just the re-writing of history. The KLAN was a Democrat political Machine for the longest time, now the re-writing of history post Byrd portrays it as something else.

Democratic only in the sense of the southern democratic party. You've got to realize and admit that the ideals of the Democratic party as a whole were shattered in the post war years due to the vast differences in ideology in the 50's and 60's. While northern democrats fell in line behind the Kennedys and the socially liberal party line which included equal rights, the southern democrats stuck more to the social ideals of the Roosevelt era as well as the segregation policies of that time. While one part of the party was progressive and moving with the times, the other part of the party stayed stagnant. When the Civil Rights bill came around the first time, this caused a great divide nationally between the Southern Democrats and the National Democratic Party. This is when the re-alignment really started to take shape. The disillusionment of the Southern Dems meant that they could be scooped up by the socially conservative republican party to help push through lackluster candidates and policies. (sounds familiar from the last president eh?). That is when the Klan quit being a Democratic engine and became a outdated society which was left to hang in the wind politically. Democrats no longer supported them, and the image of the republican party on the national level couldn't afford to recognize their interests. It's not revisionist history in a post-Byrd era. Byrd doesn't have anything to do with it. He simply was the ONLY southern Democrat who remained a registered Democrat after the shift.

Vast Left Wing, and Vast Right Wing are the same political animal, with differant agendas.

Which is, I must say the best political statement I have ever heard you say. Honestly, it pains me that you didn't stop when you should have.

Edited by tallen702 - 17 July 2010 at 9:11pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:49pm

The disillusionment of the Southern Dems meant that they could be scooped up by the socially conservative republican party to help push through lackluster candidates and policies. (sounds familiar from the last president eh?).

Sounds familiar from the last two elections from both sides. The only worthwhile candidate I've seen in almost a decade is Obama...and being conservative, you can imagine my frustration at that fact.

Politics have become a media / advertising game like some form of the entertainment industry. Sell an image rather than a politician.

I guess we can thank the 60's and the first televised debates, where form began to take the place of fact. I think Palin is the shining example of this media-induced fallacy (insert joke)-tell peopel what they want, then sell it to them with a personality so cartoonish and overplayed that it could be the star of a Coen brothers flick.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:32pm
Kinda like how Obama was sold to the US as the "Savior" and a serious 'Cult of Personality' developed, and only now are many seeing the empty suit they voted in. The circus of the election cycle was beyond idiocy, everyone harps on Palin because of the Dem political machines tried and true misdirection, but now they are trying to figure out how to get Obama to make the 'correct' choice for the 'Party'. The Dems more than likely make him 'an offer he can't refuse' and he will 'voluntarily' bow out for the good of the Party.

I am hopiung for relitive 'unknowns' to rise to the candidacies, the media circus that will follow Hillary on the left and any of the front runners on the right will make for another mistake in office. Palin will not run, her political star has faded, interesting choice for the vast right as Obama was for the vast left, but both are and will be disappointing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic