FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool things to do in Orlando?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool things to do in Orlando?
    Posted: 21 July 2010 at 12:32am
I'm driving down to Daytona in the morning!  Big smile

EDIT:  Happy because I'm actually going to move my stuff OUT of Daytona.

Edited by WGP guy2 - 21 July 2010 at 12:33am
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 12:13am
I think it is going to be pretty fun. I hope you like the place. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

friggin 181 miles one way on a thursday when i have work friday? lame. and pass. sorry...

Mostly my fault so my apologies.  There is no one on here I wouldn't want to meet* but when it comes to taking precedence over family time with the grand-daughter I only see every few years well . . . I'm sure you all can figure it out.  Niq, you seem interesting and I'm sure it would have been fun** so hopefully I can plan better the next time I head down this way in a few years.

*Yes, there are people on here who have annoyed me and there are those I'm sure I've annoyed but this communication media is something that none of us should take too seriously and there is no one on here that I bear any ill-will towards.

**Who knows . . . after the get together the report may be that "Mack is old and boring" and Niq will be thanking the FSM that he avoided the whole thing.

_popupControl();
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 12:38am
I'll be there too..

just a bit late, don't leave til I show...

<_<

>_>
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:00pm
friggin 181 miles one way on a thursday when i have work friday? lame. and pass. sorry...
///AMG What?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

My favorite place in Orlando was this weird combination salvage/surplus store. I can't remember what it was called or exactly where it is, but as I recall it's on the east side of I4 near downtown, you can see it from the interstate. It has a big UFO on the roof of the shop though.

Freaking geek paradise.
Skycraft.

Skycraft Parts & Surplus! 

It has a rocket on the roof. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 9:11pm
Central Florida Forumers: 

So, Tolga and Niq as long as he has money for gas, 

Time: Thursday at 7:30-8 p.m.

Location: McRaney's Tavern on Fairbanks Ave. in Winter Park, FL. 

What: Hang out with me and Mack, beer and darts. 

PM me if you want/need directions or my phone number. 

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

My favorite place in Orlando was this weird combination salvage/surplus store. I can't remember what it was called or exactly where it is, but as I recall it's on the east side of I4 near downtown, you can see it from the interstate. It has a big UFO on the roof of the shop though.

Freaking geek paradise.
Skycraft.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 8:54pm

Freaking geek paradise.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 8:32pm
I have work all week... I get off friday at 3:30. Still gonna be around?
///AMG What?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 1:50pm
Interesting to hear that Church Street Station was back up.. When we left all that had closed or was closing. I would agree on most of what Whale said except for the WonderWorks. Went there last year and it was pretty boring, and expensive if I remember correctly. Maybe check out Gatorland. It's pretty cheesy, but if you like gators.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 12:35pm
How do you all feel about Tuesday or Thursday or somewhere around there for getting a beer?

By you all I mean Tolga, Niq and Mack.

I will call Mack and text Tolga about it here soon. I don't have your number Niq,

Just let me know.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 3:11pm

I'm in Daytona, only an hour away. Let it know if things be hap'nin.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Any go kart place with about 6 tracks is pretty much win.

I would have to agree; however, the wife is becoming increasingly insistent that I act my age.

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

One, Playalinda Beach is a nude beach where floppy old people go.

Hey!  I'd fit right in!

Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

When is this happening? I might make the drive up and join you guys for a beer.

I got to Orlando yesterday . . . and pretty much sacked out/slept in after the trip . . . just like the old dude that I am.  As far as the get together, I'm not sure yet.

Edit:

What the heck is this >>> _popupControl();  thing that my step-son's computer keeps adding to my posts? _popupControl();

Edited by Mack - 18 July 2010 at 2:02pm
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:26pm
When is this happening? I might make the drive up and join you guys for a beer.
///AMG What?
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 2:47pm
From what I've heard the nude bit is at the north end, it begins at the last parking area at the end of a 4 mile stretch of road. The rest of it back to the south isn't nude. They have a different name for the 4 mile stretch of beach that doesn't have nudies?

As for the restaurant, they appear to still have the original location open in Titusville, but the reviews I'm seeing talk about the place going down hill in more recent years. At least I got to try it before they tried turning it into a franchise.

Edited by High Voltage - 17 July 2010 at 3:01pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 2:25pm
One, Playalinda Beach is a nude beach where floppy old people go.

Two, Dixie Crossroads is a chain that I think shut down. There is much better seafood to be had.

Three, yes, Fun Spot is pretty cool.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 2:09pm
I don't care how old you are, Fun Spot is awesome.

Any go kart place with about 6 tracks is pretty much win.
Que pasa?

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Which is why, despite your comic abilities and winning personality, whale will always be cooler than you.  Big smile

no denying that. 
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 3:47am
Skip NASA but go to Titusville anyway? Unless they built the Dixie Crossroads restaurant in Orlando like they planned, you must make the drive for dinner. Be warned, they do a lot of business.

Hey Whale, what about Playalinda Beach just north of Kennedy along the Canaveral National Seashore? How busy does that beach get around this time? I quite liked it when I visited, most of the people parked in the first few parking areas, which were small to begin with. Very remote beach IMO and it costs $3 to enter the park for a day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic