Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann 98 slow fps troubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
9000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann 98 slow fps troubles
    Posted: 30 June 2010 at 8:36pm
Hey guys my tippy 98 custom will only fire at around 220 fps even with the air screw in any position

I have looked on the tippy website and looked at the insides and from this i decided the valve needed changing, so like a noob i brought a new power tube thinking that it came with the valve and then had to buy the valve. just been shooting today and I'm still at 220

Other than the valve and power tube i have added a flatline and a double trigging not that i think that they to blame but other than that every things stock so nope it does not have a regulator. i brought the gun 2nd hand so now i see why the guy was selling it

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Uber J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uber J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 9:56am
depending on how old the marker is and how well kept it was you may just need a rebuild kit. New orings, springs, and re-oil. Is the 98 act or basic? if its act make sure the drive/act springs are correctly assembled and that the buffer oring is only floating on the drive spring. The flatline may lower the fps a little try out the stock barrel to make sure its not just a poor paint to barrel match. if that all fails call tippmanns service line, they are very helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic