Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What grinds your gears?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What grinds your gears?
    Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:03am
This thread is for all of lifes little annoyances that arn't really worthy of creating a new thread.

Post things such as "Peoples cellphone ringing in Wal-Mart", although rants/vents can be good threads, a lot of times they are poorly constructed and are more deserving of a mention. Your dog eating your favorite bunny slippers may grind your gears, if so let us know!

Being the only one in my workcenter on a super slow night, and dealing with the AFs' web filter is making this night dragggg, thus grinding my gears.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:10am
People that don't pick up their feet when they walk. I'll stop walking and pretend to get something out of my backpack if I'm going to or from class and some lazy person is around me grinding their feet on the ground just so I can get away from it. Good lord does it annoy me way more than it should.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:16am
Your/you're, to/too/two, there/their, hear/here mistakes, but the first one annoys me more than the rest.

Oh, and I forgot loud music with deep bass past 1am and when a group of 4-5 people make more noise in public than your average group of 20 people.

Edited by Hysteria - 09 June 2010 at 12:20am
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:23am
Game changer.

That phrase needs to just stop.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Game changer.

That phrase needs to just stop.

If it did, that would be such a game changer.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:28am
Slow walkers. Seriously, they annoy the living piss out of me. There's nothing worse than getting a group of people walking 3 abreast on the sidewalk who are walking at half the speed that you're going. You can't get around them, and walking at their pace is literally impossible. You have to stop between steps to go that slow. NYC is proposing a "slow" and "fast" lane system for sidewalks, kinda like escalators where you stand on the right, or walk on the left.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:37am
Drivers who go below the speed limit in the left lane of travel for no other reason then "just because" (ie no bad weather, no traffic, no cops)

Just as illegal to go 5 under as it is 5 over.

Edited by Linus - 09 June 2010 at 12:38am

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:40am
"It is what it is".

That phrase annoys the everloving hell out of me.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Not really, on I70 it is legal to drive 45mph when the limit is 70mph.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:41am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

NYC is proposing a "slow" and "fast" lane system for sidewalks, kinda like escalators where you stand on the right, or walk on the left.

Wow, its gotten that bad? Are they going to impose a tax on slow walkers to help reduce the deficit? I'm sure it's somewhere in the proposed tax on soda bill.

USAF Special Weapons Technician.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:41am

Drivers who go below the speed limit in the left lane of travel for no other reason then "just because" (ie no bad weather, no traffic, no cops)

Dear god I hate this.

Also, people who take themselves too seriously.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:45am

Explain that one?  Last time I checked, the sign says Speed Limit.

That said, the left lane is for passing.  If there's not a car next to you in the right lane, you shouldn't be in it.
BU Engineering 2012
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Not really, on I70 it is legal to drive 45mph when the limit is 70mph.

Your state =/= my state.

In the state of Texas, if you are in ANY lane but the right lane of travel, and a vehicle is coming up behind you faster than you are driving, you are required to move to the right.

Now, granted, reality is different than technicality, but it still irks me as it's just common sense and common courtesy to move out of the way of faster people (so long as they aren't being asses, that is)

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:30am
People who insist on taking their little kids with them everywhere.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

People who insist on taking their little kids with them everywhere.
Like Vegas.

What possesses parents to go "Oh, Vegas is a family friendly city, lets take our 10 year old there and let him roam the streets at 2am!"

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:08am
I've expressed my dislike for this before on this forum, but:

I really, really don't like when people perpetuate urban myth or legend, or claim things as truth that have been proven false. 

Things like FWD: e-mails. 

I just hate it, so much. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:13am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Slow walkers. Seriously, they annoy the living piss out of me. There's nothing worse than getting a group of people walking 3 abreast on the sidewalk who are walking at half the speed that you're going. You can't get around them, and walking at their pace is literally impossible. You have to stop between steps to go that slow. NYC is proposing a "slow" and "fast" lane system for sidewalks, kinda like escalators where you stand on the right, or walk on the left.

This.

I cannot stand being forced to walk slow.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:20am
I'm an easily annoyed person, so my list is huge.

-People who don't close their mouth when they chew. This is number one for me, especially with gum. Unless you have some terrible injury that prevents you from closing your mouth, it's incredibly lazy / rude, and the sound makes me want to murder.

-Self importance / ego. Everyone should read Nietzsche's gnat analogy (disregarding his blatant ego issues).

-Road rage. Yelling at people in traffic simply displays your limited understand of sound waves, and also I don't give a crap that you're pissed. In fact, it amuses me.

-Flaky people. If you say you want to hang out, at least call and let me know plans have changed.

-People with a sense of entitlement. Life never promises anything, get over yourself.

-People who think their petty drama supercedes everything else.

-People who blatantly argue about things they know nothing about.

-Unfair blanket statements.

-Racists / Bigots

-People who get in your face, or worse yet, wag their finger at you. I will break your finger for that.

-Young kids with egos who disrespect people with authority and elders. Kind of falls under self entitlement, but worthy of its own mention.

-People that can't argue or debate without invoking personal feeling. I hate it when, in a heated debate, people get offended by something silly and then go straight for the jugular. Ad hominem is silly.

-People who try and turn everything into racism if it's about another race. The only thing worse that racists are people who try and make you look like a racist for making any negative observation about any other race but your own.

-Those people on Facebook who have to make everything into a religious discussion. This works opposite as well for athiests that feel the need to rail on Christianity with every status. We get it, you don't like Christians.

-Wat r u doing 2nite? OMG ur soooo luckyyy to be at thatttt concerttttt. STOP shortening words that don't need it, and then adding unnecessary letters at the end. That's both confusing and obnoxious.

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:35am
You know what really griinds meh gears?

Family Guy.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:40am

Also: People who complain but do absolutely nothing to improve their situation.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic