Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What grinds your gears?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 3:15am
-Liberals that feel that the world can be fixed by a hug and $20.00.
-People in red mini vans.  Every time I go out of town and get on a 2 lane highway I end up off of the road because some donkey in a minivan "All of them have been red" decides to pass a semi.  I have road rage issues with that. 
-People who have never done my job or had any expierance in my field telling me how to do my job.
-People that don't wave or tip their hat after they have been waved through a stop sign by another driver.  What happened to the thank you wave?
-Last but not least MIMES. 
It sucks being antisocial alone.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 3:17am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

-Road rage. Yelling at people in traffic simply displays your limited understand of sound waves, and also I don't give a crap that you're pissed. In fact, it amuses me.

I get that. I'm in the same boat. However people with a limited understanding of road rules and the efficient flow of traffic piss me off even MORE and generally incur my wrath.

I know they can't hear it, but venting one's spleen does sometimes help.

My personal favourite if someone does something idiotic right in front or next to me in traffic is the golf clap. It is much more effective than shouting.

But sometimes shouting at the guy in the fast lane doing 42kph is worth it. Especially as he's in the fast lane because he is passing someone in the middle lane doing 41kph. They are in the middle lane because they don't want to be stuck behind the guy in the slow lane doing 40kph.

Then, I shout.

Maybe it is the ATC in me who understands how to move lots of fast moving metal into restricted spaces efficiently, but most of the traffic issues we have here are because everyone on the road thinks they are more important than everyone esle.

The traffic flow would be so much easier if people decided that 42 isn't that much better than 40 and everyone pulled into the slow lane. Then use the middle lane for people actually wanting to drive at the 120kph speed limit. Use the passing lane for, oh I don't know, PASSING. Honestly as is stands now if you want to go about 70kph, use the passing lane. Everyone else is going slow in the other two.

Then they do stuff like drive past tail backs and pull in at the front. Blocking the tailback and whatever lane they happened to be in when they stopped to pull in. Now the 3 lane highway is down to one lane because you are an ass. Congratulation.

Or in bumper to bumper traffic (rush hour or restricted lanes for whatever reason) they drive down the emergency lane and pull in at the front. Because THEY don't need to sit in traffic like the other people.

It isn't a hard conecpt.

Other things that annoy me? Women who are liek 35 and speak in a sing song 5 year old girly voice. It makes me want to commit murder.

People who make obvious statements. For like the 300th time. I got it the first time, you were wasting oxygen then, you are wasting it now. Example, I've been in the same company for 16 years now. I read books. I read a lot of them. I often read them as I'm walking from one place to the other. There are two people who insist on saying "how di you not walk into things" or "wow you read a lot". Firstly, because I have peripheral vision. Secondly, yes. Yes I do. I have for 16 years. Congratulation.

People who always, ALWAYS need to bring the conversation back to themselves. Other people also need to talk about things. A little compassion or empathy might be nice. Or we can talk about how your cat fell off the couch. Again. No really. Go ahead with your cat story, it is more important than me discussing my dad's chemo course.

Suprisingly a lot annoys me. It mainly revolves around people not being logical. But I'm on the whole a pretty mellow guy.

KBK

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 3:44am
People who don't capitalize the "G" in God. God is a name, so you capitalize it (unless of course its plural or you are using it not as a name). I don't really care if you believe in Him or not, but it's a name regardless and it's disrespectful when you don't capitalize it. Especially when there are other names in the paragraph that are capitalized.

(not trying to start another religious debate, just saying what grinds my gears)
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

People who don't capitalize the "G" in God. God is a name, so you capitalize it (unless of course its plural or you are using it not as a name). I don't really care if you believe in Him or not, but it's a name regardless and it's disrespectful when you don't capitalize it. Especially when there are other names in the paragraph that are capitalized.

(not trying to start another religious debate, just saying what grinds my gears)
While I see your point, I don't capitalize it because I don't think of god as a name per-say, "god" to me, is more of an idea than it is a being. It's not really intended to piss others off, I just don't feel the word god needs to be capitalized, but as we all know, you and I have very different opinions on the matter, so to each their own.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:30am
Sneaky beat me to it.  People that complain but don't fix their situation.

I have buddies all the time complain about their weight and say how their changing their diet around and starting to work out and such.  Then you see them at the chow hall with two A&W's and a burger with fries.  They think cutting out slim jims is watching their diet. 

I absoultely DESPISE women/men that complain about they're weight nonchalantly like it doesn't matter and you know it kills them.  I can't imagine not ever having enough self motivation to change my body if it actually mattered to me.  If your fine with your body and looking good isn't a priority for you, that's great and you honestly have a better self-image than 90% of the world.  I fully understand everyone doesn't want the same goals I want with my body, but I don't complain about not being able to get a job as a lawyer without going to law school either.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:59am

People who think god is a "him"

And hippies. Damn dirty stinking tree hugging hippies.
I ♣ hippies.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:00am
You guys are in for an intense read after I get out of my day's obligations.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:45am
My fingers would start hurting if I go on with my iPod. So we will go with 1 for now.

One of verizon's stock ringtones. It's kind of like an old fashioned ring. Wow, when customers have that tone in the store, I want to take their phone and toss it. My dad has it and he takes forever to answer his phone. I flip out an leave rooms when someone calls. So I guess this is really 2. Why can't people just pick up their phones in a quick manner?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:02am

It's really more of a title than a name. 

Shiva and Vishnu are gods. The Christian god is also a god. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2010 at 9:03am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

Your/you're, to/too/two, there/their, hear/here mistakes, but the first one annoys me more than the rest.

Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

I absoultely DESPISE women/men that complain about they're weight nonchalantly like it doesn't matter and you know it kills them.  

Oh, awkward turtle. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2010 at 9:05am

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:05am
guys that don't lift the toilet seat to pee.

Seriously, I'm in here cause I gotta drop a bomb, and it was TOO hard for you to lift the seat...

and really, learn to aim. I can write out my entire name on the sand, and I can't for the life of me figure out why you can't hit the toilet. IT IS 12 inches around, and you are a maximum of 3 feet away...

If your aim is that bad, SIT DOWN.

Never mind, I'll just hold it.
They tremble at my name...
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:13am
-Bad drivers. I can deal with 'slow' but 'bad' makes me angry.
-people who bite their nails to the point of it being audible. I want to KILL when I hear clicking and chewing.
-jackasses who leave shopping carts all over parking lots.
-having my ears flicked. I come unglued when that happens.
-people who say "oh, I could never learn that" when referencing computers- especially teachers. They'd have freaked if I told them the same thing about their class material when I was a student.
-loud talkers. Seriously. If you're in an office, there's no reason for the guy in the parking lot to be able to hear you.
-people who get too enthusiastic about hobbies.

Story time on this one:
As you know, I've been reenacting the civil war for a lot of years. About 15 years ago my father, brother and I started a commemorative walk across the field at Gettysburg on July 3rd in honor of Picketts charge.
Well, over the years, its grown to be about 100 people in uniform, and has turned into an attention whoring circus. People who are portraying certain individuals who partook in the charge are pulling out all the stops, and have changed it from a somber event to a hollywood esque farce, including pretending to be shot when we get to the wall.
They've taken it SO far, that their facebook accounts are in the names of "George Pickett" and "Gwneral Armistead" it disgusts me and I want to puke.

-People who see racism behind every single corner and under every rock and tree.
-Prius owners
-the incessant weather commentary on facebook. If its really hot, you can guarantee there's 30 wall posts about it. Likewise with ANY notable weather occurances.
-Yankees fans
-Red sox fans
-when something is put back in the refrigerator with no more than a sip or a bite left. FINISH IT

More later. Blackberry is annoying to post on- apologies for spelling and grammatical errors.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

guys that don't lift the toilet seat to pee.

Seriously, I'm in here cause I gotta drop a bomb, and it was TOO hard for you to lift the seat...

and really, learn to aim. I can write out my entire name on the sand, and I can't for the life of me figure out why you can't hit the toilet. IT IS 12 inches around, and you are a maximum of 3 feet away...

If your aim is that bad, SIT DOWN.

Never mind, I'll just hold it.

Conversely, anyone who will have a "serious issue" in a restroom and not inform at least one worker that the bathroom is now a mess. You don't even have to say it was you, just say "Man someone sure messed up that bathroom." 

Nobody wants to walk into a stall and see what looks like where someone was executed with a 12-gauge on top of a brown lasagna.  

adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

score 1 for whale.

"God's" actual name is something like "YHWH" only with some unknown vowels thrown in there somewhere.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:25am
Failed logic nonwithstanding- don't we capitalize titles?

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:31am
Originally posted by adrenalinejunky adrenalinejunky wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

score 1 for whale.

"God's" actual name is something like "YHWH" only with some unknown vowels thrown in there somewhere.

The Christian Gods name is Jehovah. Though I still think you are supposed to capitalize God since its the title of an individual.
<1 meg sig = bad>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

don't we capitalize titles?

Before a name, yes. After a name, no. Length of title is the determining factor. Three words or less, in front of name and capitalized. Four or more and it goes after the name, lowercase. 

Example 

City Commissioner John Smith.

John Smith, director and special adviser to the city. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 09 June 2010 at 10:32am

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:31am
a bad clutch
They tremble at my name...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:53am
People who whine about minor annoyances on the internet.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 11:05am
Whale, thanks. Now what aout usage of titles in lieu of a name?
Ex: "Mr. President" "Captain" or...."God?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic