FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What grinds your gears?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I was just saying that people questioning professionals always strikes
me as a little silly. You don't get to be a professional without going
through some pretty serious training.

There are incompetent people in every career
field.  Sometimes they aren't discovered until they kill somebody.  I'm
sure that both you (Kayback) and Linus work with people who you are
certain are just an accident waiting to happen (to someone else).

That is a good way of putting it. There are some people I keep an eye on while working, yes.

I'll agree with your comment about being allergic, and I'll agree and tie it in with Linus' post about people knowing about their own health.

However every time my DR writes a prescription she asks if there is anything I'm allergic to. I know they are mainly going for main stream things, but she always asks.

Maybe I've been spoilt with good doctors, I don't know.

KBK
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:21pm
^^^ I felt the urge to elaborate on the people who are "an accident waiting to happen" with a short tale of a troop that worked for me years ago:

Airman Idiotboy (not his real name  Big smile) was incompetent in his understanding/practice of weapon safety/handling procedures to the point of being scary.  However, with manning at the time being what it was, one had to really screw up in a big way to get relieved from duty.  So, although everyone who worked with/around this moron knew that it was only a matter of time until he accidentally killed/wounded someone, no one in the upper levels of the chain of command was willing to address the issue.  As I was his direct supervisor, he was posted either with me or in my area of responsibility on a regular basis.  My solution was that the first thing I did as either his team leader or area supervisor was confiscate the firing pin out of his M16 and not return it until the end of the duty day.  (Needless to say, I removed/replaced it; this was not something I trusted him to do.)  He whined a bit at first, but he got over it.  Apparently it didn't upset him enough that he was willing to make an official complaint and risk having the chain of command take a good hard look at the documentation in his personal file.

Edited by Mack - 11 June 2010 at 12:22pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:15pm
Thats one of the nice things about my industry, you don't even get to the equivalent of carrying an M16 if you aren't competent. We have mandated standards you have to meet. Yearly and ad hoc checks after you go solo and many many different checks before you get there.

I'm not worried anyone I work with is going to have an "AD", they just aren't as expedient as they should be, which impacts on everyone's workload, pilots included.
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 12:39am
People calling my workcenter, not giving me a name then asking for something and hanging up before I can respond.

Granted, I know who called but seriously common courtesy is underrated.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:57am
necrothreads.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:26pm
People who whine about necrothreads.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:42pm
People who whine about necrothread whiners
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:00pm
Bravecoward
I ♣ hippies.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:07pm
IRC bots that talk too much.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 5:50pm
People who whine about people who whine about necrothread whiners.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 6:29pm
The thread was/is designed to be recurrent. So your whining is falling on deaf ears. The entire idea of the thread was to have a place to centralize your whining. Or instead you could open a new thread and complain about necrothreads... Meh.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

The thread was/is designed to be recurrent. So your whining is falling on deaf ears. The entire idea of the thread was to have a place to centralize your whining. Or instead you could open a new thread and complain about necrothreads... Meh.
You've never met FE have you? Each whine deserves it's own independent thread separate from all others to whine about something that makes very little difference, or is completely wrong.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

IRC bots that say my name and make my screen flash for no reason.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

You've never met FE have you? Each whine deserves it's own independent thread separate from all others to whine about something that makes very little difference, or is completely wrong.

I guess this is for the rest of us...?
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Hey, is he good now?

# minimum delay (mins) between random lines
set bMotionInfo(minRandomDelay) 13

# maximum delay (mins) between random lines
set bMotionInfo(maxRandomDelay) 30

# if nothing's happened on this channel for this much time, don't say something
set bMotionInfo(maxIdleGap) 20

I put some overlap between the max delay and the idle gap, so he won't always say random things.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 10:37pm
It really grinds my gears when I dont put the shifter in gear all the way and let out the clutch.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 4:30pm
^^^ I am both sad and embarrassed that I didn't think of that reply. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

^^^ I am both sad and embarrassed that I didn't think of that reply. 

I dont think I have ever been more proud of anything in my life.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 6:56pm
I meant to bump this thread a couple times over the last couple weeks...

Your turn signal is there to let people know you are ABOUT to start slowing down. NOT an explanation for why you just slammed on your breaks in a 50mph busy thoroughfare.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic