FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muddy Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muddy Day
    Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:02pm
Went down to Modena to watch a local motocross. Rain all the way down and spitting showers on ond off there. Track was a mess (I would not be out there on a day like today), object of exercise was to stay upright for 5 laps. Air cleaner intakes were clogging up left and right, bikes sputtering to a stop, and usually the flagman not paying atention and whack, someone plows into the stopped bike. Nose overs in the mud, elevated rockets (kids trying to run on rears, losing it and bike flying upwards as rider flies off backwards)

The most fun was the PeeWee's. The 50cc autos with the real young starters. Ruts were so deep that kids would catch both pegs in sides of ruts and both wheels would be off ground. Dad's running behind pushing them and trying to keep them going, they did a short lap race but was the highlight of my day. Can't wait till I get Brock my grandson on one.

Two old frinds from my days recognized me, both work at the track, and stated if I run any where near what I did back then I am going to dominate the +50, MSC may make me run 35+ Expert if I am too dominant, but just an overall fun day. I left after the PeeWee's, 2nd motos were running in real rain, so just a slop fest, so I took off.

I am chomping at the bit.............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic