Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hissing sound?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elliott67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliott67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hissing sound?
    Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:23pm
I just bought a normal 98 custom from a friend and i had to put a new power tube in it. so i took it all apart and replaced the cracked one with the new one and i put it back together, anyways it fires great but it makes a faint hissing noise from inside the gun. is it supposed to do that?
"Ann" My 98 custom
Hubb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:27pm
The hissing noise means that you have a leak somewhere.  If it sounds like it's inside the gun, there is a high chance that it is the gas line fitting that connects to the valve.  When it is aired, put a little bit of soapy water on it and see if it makes bubbles.  If it does, then you need to remove the fitting and redo the teflon or locktite on it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, or is not the source of the leak, then the cup seal may be bad in the valve.  TippmannParts.com sells replacement pieces.  Before you try to rebuild the valve, though, make sure it is oiled.  You can oil it by dropping a couple of drops of oil into the asa, then dry firing it a few times.  In a lot of cases, this alone will fix a small leak.

Edited by Hubb - 04 June 2010 at 8:32pm
Hubb
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Hubb Hubb wrote:

The hissing noise means that you have a leak somewhere.  If it sounds like it's inside the gun, there is a high chance that it is the gas line fitting that connects to the valve.  When it is aired, put a little bit of soapy water on it and see if it makes bubbles.  If it does, then you need to remove the fitting and redo the teflon or locktite on it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, or is not the source of the leak, then the cup seal may be bad in the valve.  TippmannParts.com sells replacement pieces.  Before you try to rebuild the valve, though, make sure it is oiled.  You can oil it by dropping a couple of drops of oil into the asa, then dry firing it a few times.  In a lot of cases, this alone will fix a small leak.

I would def not use lock tight just in case you ever need to take it apart again..... stick with teflon!
tonycon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 2:38pm
if it is the line that goes into the valve, be very careful when you go to re-install it...it can cross thread very, very easilly...trust me i know!
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 7:03pm
Trick for not crossthreading delicate connections. Turn the part counter-clockwise and feel for the small click as the threads mesh. Then start turning it clockwise.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:40am
Hmmm, a hissing sound . . .

. . . sounds like . . .

snakes in a marker!
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Hmmm, a hissing sound . . .

. . . sounds like . . .

snakes in a marker!

Tongue
Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic