FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum President Acceptance Speech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

can i be something that has to do with beer?I am from Wisconsin, therefore an expert in the field.
I'm from wisconsin and I brew.

The belgian ale I made with my dad's supplies just finished and it's delicious.

Edited by procarbinefreak - 06 June 2010 at 11:16pm
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

I lost my right to vote. Help me out.

You have no need to vote! The state will provide!
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 11:41pm

can i be something that has to do with beer?I am from Wisconsin, therefore an expert in the field.

If PCF has no other position, I would like him as my 2nd in command, as his brewing experience, and being able to make a good ale, should greatly influence the morale in the company.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 12:18am
Perhaps we can arrange to drop pallets of PCF's product to our fighting men and woman in our ongoing war with Gnome Island.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 1:06am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

EDIT: Although I need to come up with a better name than that. How about Minister of Failure?

Court Jester. 

Too bad I didn't get to this thread before this title was made official. I was going to suggest FAIL Czar.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Friends, forumers and fellow interneters.

Thank you for your confidence in electing me as Forum President.  As I know you are all amazingly busy people with important stuff to do* I will keep this fairly short.

In my capacity as Forum President I humbly vow to serve the best interests of the forum in every way possible.  With that in mind I have decided to take inspiration from the great leaders of the past and present.  To this end I will list these inspirational people and their specific traits I will be emulating.

I promise to lead in the following manner.
  • With the honesty of Nixon
  • The fidelity of Kennedy
  • The sobriety of Grant
  • The decisiveness of Carter
  • The morality of Clinton
  • The compassion of Cheney
  • The wisdom of Quayle
  • The communications skills of Biden
  • And finally, the consensus building talents of George W. Bush
  • And the mad dancefloor skills of Roosevelt
That is all;

Thank you.

Edited Addition:  I will be taking suggestions for cabinet posts and nominees for those posts at this time.  So far the only cabinet posts I have in mind are minister of making fun of other forums, official forum newb greeter and master judge of political discussions.

*Which is why we are all on here.
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 5:29am
I second the vote for the armed Forum.  I am willing to step up to deal with the Mime issues.  As long as I get to use my own methods when I deal with the Mimes and Mime supporters.  No Mime related questions will be answered unless posted by one of the Company Comanders, President, or VP.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 7:37am

can i be something that has to do
with beer?I am from Wisconsin, therefore an expert in the field.
Well I have my own equipment

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I choose Jmac to be my second in command.  His ability of labeling things retarded will prove invaluable.  

Agreed, however it may conflict with your field command and decisions. Now, I had a special job for him, USAF, and any other speed ball player within our Forum Militia. My theory is that speed ball players are great in small unit tactics, communicate well with each other and good at working on small battle fields.  I was looking to make them assault troops. Are you willing to command the Forum Assault Troops?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:47am

Press Secretary -- FE [Pending Acceptance]

I think i have the metals to be able to manipulate the media in a worthy manner... But, I am surprised that you would put me in this most powerful position. Everyone knows the media controls the message.

My only request is that I am labeled the "Chief of Press". It will be a nice feather to add to my warbonnet.

Alas, everyone knows I am too lazy to actually be a "secretary"... Way too much work involved; writing, and taking notes... and such.

Any official T&O correspondence will need to be filtered through my new and improved "Turing test v2.1" software to insure validity and linkage of content, with the ultimate goal of being right.

Any references to mimes are also automatically disqualified. hence the reason slacker wasn't nominated for any category.  Clearly not paying $5 is a mime offense...

Thank you for the nomination...

God Bless T&O

(flag waving in the background as the harlem boys choir, sings the T&O song, while waves crash onto the oil stained beaches caused by the prior President)

They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:52am
FE, just what exactly will the Forum Anthem be?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

FE, just what exactly will the Forum Anthem be?

Got me... I just report the news.

clearly stormy will be in charge of that one...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 10:05am
"Always look on the Bright side of Life" by the Monty Pythons. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 1:57pm

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

As minister of The DCR Agency, I feel it would be apt for me to assume overseer of all Pharmaceutical companies as well.

Certainly

Remember, we don't want cures for the diseases under my control, just treatments. 

Affirmitive

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I would like to accept the position of Company Commander as well.  Having a company under my command would enable me to better perform my duties as Instigator of Profitable Conflicts Between Third Party Nations

Very good point.  Plus I'm in favor of anything that blurs the line between civilian/military leadership.

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions) -- Ammolord
Don't let Doc Nickel find out about that appointment.  He'll get lawyer'd up for that position.

If he wanted the job, he should have put in for it . . . he only has himself to blame.

can i be something that has to do with beer?

I am from Wisconsin, therefore an expert in the field.

I dub thee Beer Czar.

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Suitable bribery may very well put certain abilities that I have at your immediate disposal.

Just saying.

Don't forget the tithe to the president and the taxes required on all bribe-related matters.

Unfortunately you are currently ineligible for the Beer Czar position as I am still waiting for you and Scotchy to battle it out for the position of forum drunk.

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

• And the mad dancefloor skills of Roosevelt

I am a much better dancer than Roosevelt . . . I have one of these.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Press Secretary -- FE [Pending Acceptance]

My only request is that I am labeled the "Chief of Press".

We can do that.  Please get to work immediately on discrediting/dismantling the opposition.

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

"Always look on the Bright side of Life" by the Monty Pythons. 

Excellent choice . . . I like it.

(We also need to find uses for "The LumberJack Song" and the "Spam Song.")

But does the GF let you take it down off the shelf and use it?

Edited by Mack - 08 June 2010 at 12:50am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:21am
There is a forum currently attempting to use our likeness without our permission.
I present to you...

Clearly they are not the "tippmann forum" and based on their rules, they don't have any issues with mimes.

As Cheif of press, clearly I can't make policy.

But, as a long standing member of FreeEnterprise, I find that many things can be handled outside of the normal rules of law. hence from now on, any mimes that attempt to infiltrate our midst should be politely referenced over to pbn as a proper home for them.

This will lead to the future destruction of their site, as everyone knows mimes destroy the living, and are the root of all that is evil.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:07am
While in my search for a Mime animation with which to taunt you all, I apparently contracted a rather ugly virus on Friday which shut me down for the weekend until my tech could spend all day yesterday getting rid of it. I am now of the like mindset that Mimes should be in fact hunted down and burned like the evil spawn that they are. I will now take my post as Imigration officer or whatever. My love of Kanukistan is not strong, so tread lightly yea of the Northern regions.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 08 June 2010 at 10:07am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic