FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

...at what point does FE go gotcha...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

available to anyone who prays

Therefore, you earn it by praying, yeah?

Obviously you have to believe it and live it.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:20pm
A couple of points on the original topic:

I find it interesting that FE is pretty much the self-proclaimed Father of Flatland BMX, yet he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page - everyone who has even a modicum of fame has a Wiki page - and an ESPN search returns no results on him.  One would think an organization dedicated to sports would take in interest in someone so influential to a sport.  Not only that, I was not aware going pro was as easy as winning 13 trophies.  He must have had a Staples "that was easy" button.

That aside, here are a few points worth noting:

- FE's name is indeed Glenn <easy to find last name>.  He does indeed exist.
- FE indeed has flashy bicycles.  However, the information about his bikes is written by him.  Their awesomeness is evidenced merely by the man saying they are awesome.
- He owns trophies.
- He is at least decent on a bike, this much is evident by the pictures he posted.  However, one could do the tricks in the pictures he posted with a year of practice.  He is good.  He may be as good as he says he is.

Now on to religion.

Christianity has got to be the weakest religion that exists.  Its rules don't have to be followed and as a result its proponents rarely stay as pious as they could.  To get the prize promised by this religion all one has to do is ask.  To claim that Liberals are the kings of handouts is to disregard the bible.

Christians are weak.  They quote scripture that proves they don't necessarily have to do jack and can mess up as much as they wish more than they quote the scripture saying that messing up in the first place is bad.  If they truly were dedicated, wanted to do right by the Skyman and loved him as much as they proclaimed, they would be more worried about messing up than the fact that he said it is okay if they do sometimes.  My parents said they will love me no matter what I do, but that does not mean I'm going to go do hookers and blow and kill people and expect them not to care.

The excuse "we are all human and none of us are perfect" is just a cop out and an excuse for not bettering oneself.  If one truly has been following a belief system and striving to do all it asks of them for over half a century, they would be nearly flawless.  Instead, you have 50-, 60-, 70- and even 90-year olds that can't seem to follow even the most basic rules set forth in their religious scripture.  That in and of itself proves a lack of dedication.

Now compare that to the people of other religions - the Jains carry around brooms and facial coverings because their deity said that every singe soul is precious so they don't want to kill anything, even ants and gnats.  Christians say the same thing, but invade other countries more than they go to church.

A Buddhist monk set himself on fire to protest the Vietnam war and did not move or utter a single word in the process.  Christians carry around picket signs to protest. 

Muslims blow themselves up because Allah wants them to.  God simply asks Christians to love their neighbors, yet most can't even do that.

I could go on for pages about the devotion of other religions compared to that of Christianity, but I'll just stop here.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

Christianity has got to be the weakest religion that exists.  Its rules don't have to be followed and as a result its proponents rarely stay as pious as they could.  To get the prize promised by this religion all one has to do is ask.  To claim that Liberals are the kings of handouts is to disregard the bible.

Christians are weak.  They quote scripture that proves they don't necessarily have to do jack and can mess up as much as they wish more than they quote the scripture saying that messing up in the first place is bad.  If they truly were dedicated, wanted to do right by the Skyman and loved him as much as they proclaimed, they would be more worried about messing up than the fact that he said it is okay if they do sometimes.  My parents said they will love me no matter what I do, but that does not mean I'm going to go do hookers and blow and kill people and expect them not to care.

The excuse "we are all human and none of us are perfect" is just a cop out and an excuse for not bettering oneself.  If one truly has been following a belief system and striving to do all it asks of them for over half a century, they would be nearly flawless.  Instead, you have 50-, 60-, 70- and even 90-year olds that can't seem to follow even the most basic rules set forth in their religious scripture.  That in and of itself proves a lack of dedication.

Now compare that to the people of other religions - the Jains carry around brooms and facial coverings because their deity said that every singe soul is precious so they don't want to kill anything, even ants and gnats.  Christians say the same thing, but invade other countries more than they go to church.

A Buddhist monk set himself on fire to protest the Vietnam war and did not move or utter a single word in the process.  Christians carry around picket signs to protest. 

Muslims blow themselves up because Allah wants them to.  God simply asks Christians to love their neighbors, yet most can't even do that.

I could go on for pages about the devotion of other religions compared to that of Christianity, but I'll just stop here.
I was going to do my usual point by point response, but there's an overall theme about this response that just really pisses me off.

I find it very hypocritcal that we live in a country where in any talk of religions we have to be careful not to generalize, lest we be branded biggots, racists, intolerant, etc etc. For instance if I were to start a thread at this very moment complaining that Islam is a violent religion because of terrorist attacks, I would have so many responses reminding me in a very impolite fashion that I need clarify "extremist", because most Muslims are actually good, peace loving people.

K, I'm actually down with that. But suddenly with Christians, it's huge blanket statements. All Christians are weak, all Christians say one thing and do another, all Christians are unpious and use copouts to not better yourself.

And as has been stated in this thread on this forum dozens of times, those people are not Christians. They're taking the name to give themselves a pat on the back.

I know many, many devoted Christians. Some of them are highly educated, devoted people who do alot for those around them, and follow their religion to the strictest guidelines. But then again, many of you on the forum would classify those people as crazy, because you know, setting yourself on fire on protest is noble, but not letting your kids watch TV, well that's just stupid.

I'm all in favor of criticism of religions. I'm fairly sceptical myself. But it really does get to me when people completely bash Christians, mock their religion, talk about their "invisible friend" like they're complete retards, and then in the same breath preach tolerance and respect to every other person and religious sect on the planet.

Also,in response to this and a few other statements in this thread-

Originally posted by Matthew 7:21-23 Matthew 7:21-23 wrote:

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 

Odd, seems almost like calling yourself a Christian doesn't guarantee a thing. Seems to me that, according to Jesus himself, there's a whole lot more to it than simply asking to go to heaven.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:09pm
While I am very guilty of having done this, Strato makes an excellent point.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:21pm

I find it interesting that FE is pretty much the self-proclaimed Father of Flatland BMX, yet he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page - everyone who has even a modicum of fame has a Wiki page - and an ESPN search returns no results on him.  One would think an organization dedicated to sports would take in interest in someone so influential to a sport.  Not only that, I was not aware going pro was as easy as winning 13 trophies.  He must have had a Staples "that was easy" button.

- FE indeed has flashy bicycles.  However, the information about his bikes is written by him.  Their awesomeness is evidenced merely by the man saying they are awesome.
- He owns trophies.
- He is at least decent on a bike, this much is evident by the pictures he posted.  However, one could do the tricks in the pictures he posted with a year of practice.  He is good.  He may be as good as he says he is.

However, if you type his name into google, it does have related searches, so there is something. FE is definitely him, cause I spoke to him at work today.

And as for religion, I do not believe everything that is said to me. I believe in god, but there have been many, many people who have put their own beliefs into every religion. So with that said, although I am catholic, catholic church=/=god. Just because a priest has different beliefs than me on certain topics, does not mean that god will or will not be on my side.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 1:29am

God simply asks Christians to love their neighbors, yet most can't even do that.

I tried that once and got in trouble for it.

Edit:  NB4 "Your doing it wrong!"

Edited by Mack - 05 June 2010 at 1:29am
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 11:43am

Not at all true, the best probaby highest paid flatladner right NOW doesnt have a wiki page.

And if sponsorships now are like they were back then alot has to do with your attitude, not your riding as much. Theres tons of good riders, but alot fall short of being good people.

- He owns trophies.
   I would think if he had a signature frame, which i believe hes said a few times. He'd have an ad of his own frame with geo and stuff by glenn blah blah. Which he hasen't posted.  But then again the custom bike may just be the vinyls he ordered.... In which case nearlky every one has a custom signature bike.

He did mention that woodward named one of there sections after him, which could be true. The enterprise is a park at wood ward... I dunno

Edited by little devil - 05 June 2010 at 12:06pm
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 8:30am

I've posted this before...

It should clear up any questions about my riding from almost 20 years ago... (oh, and recount the trophies... you missed a bunch)

Man, I'm getting old. It really isn't that big of a deal... It was fun, but a long time ago. I still talk to many of those guys when time permits, and my experience has enabled me to witness to many of the best riders in the world... An experience that wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't gotten to that level.

As far as churches, I went to a southern baptist for a while, but lately I've been going to Princeton Pike a church of God. Finding a church that fits where you are in your walk with God is the key. If you are a new Christian, you typically need a different church than someone who has been following Christ for decades.

The thing about Christianity that is hard for unbelievers to understand, is that the life is a process. when you are first saved, and accept Christ, that is only the beginning.

After that there is a hunger for the word of God, which upon further study, you start to find many things that you do that are against the will of God.

At first, it is little stuff, but as you get older and draw closer to the Lord, you realize how far away you really are, hence my comments about sinning daily.

Things that people who aren't saved would think were fine... Aren't fine to a Christian, as we are held to a different standard.

Many "Christians" don't get to that point, they get saved, and then do what they want... Forgetting that a big part of the Christian life is study in the Bible.

Imagine if you will, that your "hidden" thoughts were public... Every time you saw someone and greeted them, your "real" thoughs popped up on a posterboard behind your head, so that they could see what you were really thinking about them...

That sounds ridiculous in the natural world, huh. but, in the "supernatural" world that God lives in... That is normal.

So not only our words, but also our thoughts as a Christian are something that we have to deal with.

This is a complete re-wiring of our thought process, and trust me... It isn't easy. I know I couldn't do it on my own, but I am not on my own, I have that inner voice that helps direct my thoughts. When I listen...

But, the Bible is clear.

Matthew 5:28, and 1 Cor 6:9 come to mind...

Tough stuff...

And yet, it for me it has been the most satisfying life, filled with purpose and achievement.
They tremble at my name...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 3:22pm
Don't know if it's been posted or not, but http://digbmx.mpora.com/digthis/pinstriped-frames-from-ohio
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 4:21pm
[QUOTE=__sneaky__]Don't know if it's been posted or not, but http://digbmx.mpora.com/digthis/pinstriped-frames-from-ohio

That was a good one.

see riding on fountain square is a $150 fine. Of course this was another bet... Which I won that time.

Cool part was, I was the rider AND photographer. I shot all of those with my digital camera and an 8 second timer.

You know how hard it is to do those tricks, much less in exactly 8 seconds, AND framed correctly...

In and out in under 5 minutes... got away clean.

I have some other pics from that day...

lemme see if I can find em.

here ya go.

fun day, between meetings.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 07 June 2010 at 4:22pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 12:25am

see riding on fountain square is a $150 fine. . . . In and out in under 5 minutes... got away clean.

So, you're saying you have no respect for the law?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

see riding on fountain square is a $150 fine. . . . In and out in under 5 minutes... got away clean.

Aww, come on Mack, your KILLING my "street cred"...

Truth is, the lady that runs fountain square was interested in me doing some flatland demo's during their Friday summer thing they were running. I told her I would need to test out the surface to see if it would work, and got her permission to ride there...

But, I never fessed up to that part to the guy that bet me.

I did send her one of the pictures. But it wasn't a very good spot, and I gave her the names of some of my friends, and passed. I'm getting too old to be spinning flatland for cash.

Here is my boy Keith, doing some flatland at a NBA game a few weeks ago. He is 40 now...

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Aww, come on Mack, your KILLING my "street cred"...

Street cred destruction is my business* . . . and business is good.  (*Actually it's more of a hobby; but that didn't fit the previous statement as well.)  Big smile

Anyway . . . back to damaging street cred.

Truth is, the lady that runs fountain square was interested in me doing some flatland demo's during their Friday summer thing they were running. I told her I would need to test out the surface to see if it would work, and got her permission to ride there...

So the part about the fines was actually an indirect lie to improve your coolness factor?

But, I never fessed up to that part to the guy that bet me.

Does this mean you cheated the guy you beat?  (I know it doesn't, unless he specifically said you couldn't get permission; which is very unlikely, but admitting this would take all the fun out of this post.)

I did send her one of the pictures. But it wasn't a very good spot, and I gave her the names of some of my friends, and passed. I'm getting too old to be spinning flatland for cash.

Cool pics though.

Edited by Mack - 08 June 2010 at 12:53pm
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:33pm

As far as churches, I went to a southern baptist for a while, but lately I've been going to Princeton Pike a church of God. Finding a church that fits where you are in your walk with God is the key. If you are a new Christian, you typically need a different church than someone who has been following Christ for decades.

The thing about Christianity that is hard for unbelievers to understand, is that the life is a process. when you are first saved, and accept Christ, that is only the beginning.

After that there is a hunger for the word of God, which upon further study, you start to find many things that you do that are against the will of God.

At first, it is little stuff, but as you get older and draw closer to the Lord, you realize how far away you really are, hence my comments about sinning daily.

Things that people who aren't saved would think were fine... Aren't fine to a Christian, as we are held to a different standard.

Many "Christians" don't get to that point, they get saved, and then do what they want... Forgetting that a big part of the Christian life is study in the Bible.

Imagine if you will, that your "hidden" thoughts were public... Every time you saw someone and greeted them, your "real" thoughs popped up on a posterboard behind your head, so that they could see what you were really thinking about them...

That sounds ridiculous in the natural world, huh. but, in the "supernatural" world that God lives in... That is normal.

So not only our words, but also our thoughts as a Christian are something that we have to deal with.

This is a complete re-wiring of our thought process, and trust me... It isn't easy. I know I couldn't do it on my own, but I am not on my own, I have that inner voice that helps direct my thoughts. When I listen...

But, the Bible is clear.

Matthew 5:28, and 1 Cor 6:9 come to mind...

Tough stuff...

And yet, it for me it has been the most satisfying life, filled with purpose and achievement.

And that's all fine and dandy, except it isn't the people that get saved and continue living their lives I am concerned with.  It is the people who go to church every single Sunday and Wednesday and still blatantly disregard the Bible.  I'm not saying that every Christian is this way, but they definitely make up a staggering percentage - as a reformed Christian who went to a very large Southern Baptist church and went to many church events, I saw more than my fair share of these people.

If we're exchanging Bible verses though, Numbers 31:17-18 and Proverbs 20:30 come to mind...
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:49pm
I'm not convinced FE has actually opened a Bible, regardless of his ability to quote verses.
BU Engineering 2012
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 11:29pm
I don't visit here a lot anymore, seems only when it's a slow enough night at work. I don't get the extensive time and effort people put into verifying FEs existence and/or credibility.

It's almost like he has a story that's too good to be true and no-one wants to believe it. I may be totally off base on that guess, but that's how it comes across to me when I stop by.

Let'em do his thing. I don't see how he gets you guys so riled up...

EDIT: I'm impressed with how civil this religious debate has stayed.

Edited by PAINTBALL1 - 08 June 2010 at 11:31pm
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:43am
My observations mirror Hysteria's. There is a big difference between people who try to live a life consistent with the bible, but make mistakes, people who just don't know what they are doing is wrong according to the bible, and people who just don't care.

From what I've seen, the third camp is the largest.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:12am

And that's all fine and dandy, except it isn't the people that get saved and continue living their lives I am concerned with.  It is the people who go to church every single Sunday and Wednesday and still blatantly disregard the Bible.  I'm not saying that every Christian is this way, but they definitely make up a staggering percentage - as a reformed Christian who went to a very large Southern Baptist church and went to many church events, I saw more than my fair share of these people.

If we're exchanging Bible verses though, Numbers 31:17-18 and Proverbs 20:30 come to mind...

Read all of numbers 31, not just that one verse. It is important to take things in context when reading the Bible. For example, when Paul wrote this...

Galatians 5

Freedom in Christ
 1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful naturea]'>[a]; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."b]'>[b] 15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Life by the Spirit
 16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step withtheSpirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

There was this huge fight in the church going on about circumcision. Many people were teaching that you can't be saved without circumcision. But, when Christ came to earth and died for our sins, all of the rules changed.

Before (in the old testament) people had to live according to the law. Only the law was twisted by the religious to make it ridiculous. Kind of like how our government started as a limited government with free enterprise as the backbone, and then over time, was changed into this huge entity that controls your life...

Religion has a tendancy to do the same thing, as man is in charge of religion... And power corrupts.

That is why the focus has to be on God, and the salvation offered through accepting Christ's blood for our sins.

All sins have to have a blood sacrifice to atone for them. In the old testament it was through animal sacrifice... Today, we can accept the blood of Christ to atone for our sins.

Some of the harshest words from Jesus in the Bible are towards the religious leaders... Shocking when you think about it, but it goes towards what you guys are talking about.

Hypocrisy.

Sure there is a ton of hypocrisy, our culture is immersed in it today, as everyone is completely self centered.

Matthew 6:2 (New International Version)

2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Matthew 23:13 (New International Version)

13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.a]'>[a]

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 23:13 Some manuscripts to. 14 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Therefore you will be punished more severely.

25"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Clearly, one of the biggest hurdles today is the "witness" of Christianity. The churches each stand for different things, and the issues inside the churches mirror the issues of the unsaved.

No way is that right... And many who pretend to be Christians will be found lukewarm and will not enter heaven.

As God looks at our heart, instead of our works.

Say for instance that this serial killer guy who was just caught in Peru. Say he is sentanced to death, and right before he is put down, he accepts Christ to be his Lord and Savior. His heart is right, and he pleads the blood of Christ to cover his sins. Then he is put to death.

Will he go to heaven?...

God looks at our heart, he won't be a "good Christian" when he dies, as he never went to church. (I guess, I don't know him).

He certainly doesn't produce the fruits of the spirit...

But, if he changed his heart, then the promise of God is Salvation.

Is it fair...

Not my call. But, all of us get to choose, and some will be better, while some will fail in their walks with God. Free will has consequences.

I sure wouldn't let someone else's example effect my outcome in life... If that had been the case I would never have turned pro... Cause I hadn't seen anyone from the east coast do it...

Therefore, using that logic, it wouldn't have been possible... And yet... I did turn pro, because of my own free will to choose.

Now, the state I grew up in is the capital of freestyle in the US! One of the largest bmx companies in the world is there (started by my friend, who was also told he could never do that).

Don't live your life based on the examples of man, as man will always let you down. We have a sin nature, born into us... Which separates us from God.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 09 June 2010 at 8:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic