Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Alpha Black WITH Response Trigger!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sgtmyers88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtmyers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Alpha Black WITH Response Trigger!
    Posted: 30 May 2010 at 10:57pm
I have just completed a little project that enables my Tippmann Alpha Black to use the Response Trigger system!

This was my first major redesign project that took about 6 hours to complete. I have limited tools so I had to do some experimentation and made a few revisions, but it does work!

Notes to take if you wish to do this project yourself:

THIS WILL MAKE FUTURE E-GRIP MODIFICATIONS DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE!

First get yourself a Tippmann Alpha Black and a Tippmann 98 Custom Response Trigger Kit.

Yes, it is true that 90 percent of the Alpha Black is either using or is compatible with using 98 Custom parts, so feel free to cannibalize as much 98 Custom parts as you see fit!

For some reason I cannot get the pictures to show here so here is the original forum post:

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2531

You will need a dremel or milling machine to grind away the metal inside the grip in order to make the piston fit properly so you can fully close the "clamshell" of the receiver. You will also need a power drill with a 5|16 Drill bit in order to drill a hole in the right side of the receiver for the flow control fitting & assembly line to be mounted.

I also used a hot glue gun and applied the glue on the bottom side of the piston and applied a thin layer to both sides of the receiver "clamshell" for extra support and stability. There is also a "cap" of glue that I formed on the front of the piston where it faces the trigger to reduce the possibility of debris from getting inside the piston. This also makes up for the molded crevice guide that the 98 Custom has inside the grip so the pin will stay straight.

I also relocated the top bolts for the rubber grips as they were also blocking the piston from being placed in the receiver properly, but you can probably grind them down a bit so they are flush inside the receiver.

You will need to cut off about 5|16 of the metal pin on the Response Trigger piston and sand off some of the back side of the Alpha Black trigger since the orientation of the piston will be slightly different than in a 98 Custom because the Response Trigger pin mounted inside the Alpha Black grip will be sticking out further forcing the trigger to be locked in place. Cutting back the pin and sanding down the trigger slightly will enable the trigger to be pulled once again.

Once I had the trigger properly fitted, I added a ball of hot glue to use as a pad on the back side of the trigger for extra sensitivity, but it should not be required if you trim the trigger and pin back properly. (note that the pin will pop outward to push against the trigger when you have the marker aired up as that is the key to its function)

Let me now what you think, any suggestions, questions or concerns are appreciated. Great< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Edited by sgtmyers88 - 30 May 2010 at 11:07pm
Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 1:27pm
This was done shortly after the AB came out by another forumer. He used JB weld to build a pocket.  To get pics to work, you need to get them hosted on a site such as www.photobucket.com and link them here.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
lewcrippen12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewcrippen12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 8:53am
Hmm......it's considerable....! rather seems to be an interesting,I'll definitely about it.

Thanks

Regards
Lew

Outsource Web Design
Jteddymd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jteddymd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 1:48pm
can i see the pics?  im attempting to do it now but i dont want to ruin my ab.  thanks

sgtmyers88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtmyers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 6:45pm
Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
robbywllms7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbywllms7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 6:48am
Hello,

Affordable web Design Company in Dubai, provides custom website development, Freelance web design and graphic design services, builds websites with accessible HTML / CSS which adheres to W3C Web Standards.

Thank You

Website Design Dubai

Edited by robbywllms7 - 28 September 2011 at 6:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic