Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stripped screws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angelc805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelc805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stripped screws
    Posted: 12 May 2010 at 7:29pm
how can i take out all the stripped screws
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:32pm
which screws for what marker?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

angelc805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelc805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

which screws for what marker?

all of them for tippmann a5
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:11am
you stripped every screw on the A-5?

Use a screw-out. Goto Lowe's.

Or use a dremel and cut slots in all of them, and take them out with a flat screwdriver.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 7:12am
If you stripped the screw heads and can't get them out of the marker, here's what I'd try.

You'll need one (maybe two) allen wrenches that you'll never be able to use again.
-some JB weld, or some other equally strong epoxy
-a dremmel tool

Put just a tiny bit of the epoxy into the damaged screw head, then set the end of the allen wrench in it. Let the epoxy harden to the screw head and the allen wrench and you should be able to remove the screw when everything dries. Dremmel off the end of the allen wrench with the screw stuck to it, and repeat on the others in the marker. The allen wrench will keep getting shorter, which is why I recommend getting two of them.

And you're gonna need another set of screws.

....I've never tried this method, but in theory it should work.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:47am
OR you could go to Lowes/Home Depot and get an Easy Out drill bit set. it drills a small hole in the screw and allow you to get a bite on it and back it out.  They work great on flat, phillips and hex head screws.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

angelc805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelc805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:59pm
were could i buy another set of screws at?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic