Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st Marker - Sierra One- A5 - 98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
s3rgant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s3rgant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Marker - Sierra One- A5 - 98
    Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:15pm
I'm just looking more for a recommendation at this point as I have set my sight to buy a marker at the end of this month. 
I want to get into paintball ( Mainly woods ball ) 
Iím looking for a marker that is going to perform well, is accurate, will not be to heavily affected by bad weather ( rain or extreme cold ) and will last me a while without needing to many mods straight away. 
I have been looking at the Tippmann 98 Custom with ACT and an E-trigger. 
A Tippman A-5 with a response trigger. 
or a standard Sierra one (Project Salvo  I would like to generally play as long range as possible but also if need be have a marker that will allow me to play close range aswell,
( or even some speedball on the odd occasion ). 
Would appreciate a response as i would like to start getting kitted out at the end of the month. :) 
Regards Heiko.

Edited by s3rgant - 11 May 2010 at 2:22pm
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:21pm
I would suggest the 98 or the A5 because they are good solid guns, but I would recomend that if you go with the A5 to send the little extra money(if you can) and get it with the H.E. e grip. It has worked wonders for me and I play alot of woods ball aswell.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by s3rgant s3rgant wrote:

I'm just looking more for a recommendation at this point as I have set my sight to buy a marker at the end of this month. 
I want to get into paintball ( Mainly woods ball ) 
Iím looking for a marker that is going to perform well, is accurate, Accuracy is gained by a good paint to barrel match, not the marker. will not be to heavily affected by bad weather ( rain or extreme cold ) Extreme cold will affect CO2 due to issues with freezing/not expanding. If you plan on playing in the cold, start out with HPA. and will last me a while without needing to many mods straight away.  All of these are essentially the same internally and do not need any modding to be competitive. Excepting perhaps a decent aftermarket barrel.
I have been looking at the Tippmann 98 Custom with ACT and an E-trigger. 
A Tippman A-5 with a response trigger. 
or a standard Sierra one (Project Salvo All good choices. I personally like th eE-trigger (which can be had on either the A-5 or 98), but it's a matter of preference.  Main difference between the A5 and others is looks and the A-5 comes standard with the Cyclone feed system. I would like to generally play as long range as possible but also if need be have a marker that will allow me to play close range aswell, there are no snipers in paintball, get it out of your head. You will need to get up close and personal to get eliminations. There are barrels that will give you increased distance, but at the expense of accuracy. Do a search of Flatline, Apex and sniper and you will find plenty of info and flaming on the subject.
( or even some speedball on the odd occasion ).  Any marker can be used for any type of play.
Would appreciate a response as i would like to start getting kitted out at the end of the month. :) 
Regards Heiko.
  Good luck and look through the "which gun is best" forum and you will find info that you need. Also check out the "new players' forum and read trough the stickies. Lots of good info.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:11pm
For the new player who wants to peformance on and off the woods and a marker that's light and compact I suggest the A-5 with the He Grip.

When your on the woods there are dozens of accesories ready to custumize your A-5 for any players needs and playing style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic