Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QLoader and Salvo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
J.D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QLoader and Salvo
    Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:29pm
I ran across the Qloader while searching for Project Salvo customization.  But I haven't found a lot of info on Qloaders in general (aside from their website).  Has anyone here used them?  If so, would you recommend them?  Pros/Cons?

As a side note, I am interested in it as it seems to be the best option for a low/zero profile hopper.
Jayne: A trade Hell, This is the best damn gun made by man. It's miles more worthy 'n what you got!
Mal: What I got? She has a name.
Jayne: So does this! I call her Vera!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:35pm
I've used them.  It's an interesting concept that is quite useful in reducing the profile associated with the hopper.  The latest ones are supposed to work quite well.  (I have an older one that I picked up used; it worked fine except for one pod with a damaged spring.)

Drawbacks:
  • The profile of the Q-Loader is no more mil-sim realistic than the hopper profile
  • Only holds 100 rounds
  • Hoppers reload quicker
  • Hoppers can be reloaded before they are completely empty
    • Of course, so can Q-Loaders; but then you end up with a bunch of partially filled pods that have to be used if you run short of ammo
  • Q-Pods hold 100 rounds but take up almost twice the space in a harness
  • The spring tension necessary to feed high rates of fire is sufficient to push balls past some detent systems; results in double-feeds
J.D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:47pm
Are the Q-Pods capable of being refilled between games?  Or is it more trouble than it's worth?
Jayne: A trade Hell, This is the best damn gun made by man. It's miles more worthy 'n what you got!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:49pm
They can be refilled, but it is a bit more work than filling a normal pod or topping off a hopper.  (Essentially you gravity feed the paint through a tube into a pod while turning a crank to rewind the spring.)
J.D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:03pm
Awesome, thanks for your input.  Do you happen to know of any other low profile hoppers that work with the salvo?

I saw the X7, but couldn't find any info on whether it would fit the Salvo or not.

Thanks for enduring my questions.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:29pm
The X7 hopper fits the Cyclone feed system that comes installed on the X7. You would have to install a cyclone onto your Salvo, which can be easily done, in order to use it.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
sk8pwner9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8pwner9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 11:18am
i bought the newest Qloader system for my salvo and i am extreamly pleased. it makes the gun look better, it makes the ballance of the gun better, it never jams, and you were asking if it is easy to reload? well it is very easy even on the field. you just need the right equiptment. the best way is to have 4 qloader pods and use those instead of regular pods. if you do this , reloading is as simple as push in and turn. a cheaper alternative is to get the realoading cap (which is needed to fill the pods and comes with all the qloader packages) and drill a hole the diameter of a painball on the bottom of your regular pods then conect the feed hose to the reloading cap and to the pod. then manualy reload the balls back into the same qloader pod you will be using instead of switching out the pods. the qloader system also feeds the balls faster than any hopper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic