Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

making your a5 quieter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob Swagger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: making your a5 quieter
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 2:34pm
Could someone give me some tips on upgrades/mods to make my a5 quieter.  I like the element of surprise when playing paintball.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 2:46pm
Try searching the threads in regards to barrels.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:59pm
I know that barrels/muzzles can redirect the sound.  I was wondering about other ways, like internal stuff.
Magoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:15pm
Without an illegal silencer, you'll never be able to make the A-5 quiet enough to really make a difference. It, by design, is simply not a quiet gun.
SiG_551_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiG_551_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Magoo Magoo wrote:

Without an illegal silencer, you'll never be able to make the A-5 quiet enough to really make a difference. It, by design, is simply not a quiet gun.

based off of what? the tippmann a5 is a quiet gun. quieter than the other tippmanns i shot.

as for your question, you can make yourself quieter. "sneak attack" your enemy or you can "flank" them. or go out and buy a silencer(if your barrel can support it) do what ya want man. its your gun.
Who needs a Spyder when the real KING is TIPPMANN!!!!!
Magoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:45pm
Based off of every other gun I've shot, and that's quite a lot. Saying "quieter than other Tippmanns" is like saying getting cut hurts less than getting shot. They both hurt...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:46pm
not to get smart or anything, but I'm pretty sure getting shot is going to hurt a bit worse than getting cut.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Tippmann A5
Polished Internals
J&J 12" ceramic barrel
Maddog double trigger
Magoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:53pm
That's the point. Both options are the same thing: They hurt.

Same with saying one Tippmann is "quieter" than the other: They are all really loud.
SmakDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmakDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:01am

I was able to quieten my A5 RT down by adding felt to my valve face, a TechT Zero Kick Hammer, and by using a Hammerhead Scenario MoFo barrel or a Freak back with a Stiffi tip. Of course , my internals are polished and I use Pure Lube whcih keeps things running very smoothly.  The result is a quieter and less sharp report with less vibration. Hopefully you will get the same results that I am enjoying. I have several team mates that have done the same and gotten the same results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:33pm
Thanks for the help Smak.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Tippmann A5
Polished Internals
J&J 12" ceramic barrel
Maddog double trigger
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:44pm
bore out a potato, put it on the barrel tip and shoot through it or use a one liter soft drink bottle  and tape it to the end of the barrel. Wink
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Deerock777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deerock777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 10:06pm
How did you adhere the felt to the bolt?
SmakDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmakDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:17am
The felt is attached to the face of the valve not the bolt. I use round felt pads that are originally intended to put on the bottom of table legs. You can buy them from WalMart on a sheet of several sizes. I usually use the medium size as it fits almost perfectly over the valve face. Cut a 1/4 to 1/2 inch hole in the center of the pad to allow the valve pin to function freely and allow the proper amount of gas to escape when the hammer hits the bolt face. This combined with polished internals, a lightened hammer, a good lubrication and a properly ported carbon fiber barrel should give you as quiet an A5 as possible. I think you will like the new sound. Let me know how you do.  
Deerock777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deerock777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 10:08pm
so they have a sticky side? and what kind of lube do you use? I just use gun oil.
SmakDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmakDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:55am
Yes, they have a Sticky side so it is easy to press it onto the face of the valve. You may want to clean the valve face with alcohol first to remove any oil or grease that has accumulated on it  I use use either TechT or Pure Lube oil. These oils are fully synthetic and should be used sparingly. Be sure to put 3 to 5 drops in your ASA and blow the oil through your valve periodically to keep it healthy as well.
the_skdster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_skdster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:47pm
I'm back after years. Finally have time to Woodsball again. :)

I polished the A5 internals until they were mirror smooth. I;m not sure if that helped with lessening the sound but it shot much better after I did the polishing.
~OTKer_4_Life~

The Gear
A-5
ShinyInternals
E-Grip w/WAS
APEX
PalmersStabilizer
MP5CollapsableStock
RemoteLine
42mmRedDotSight
TacCap
WarsensorTacticalVest
NOVA8264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOVA8264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 9:25am
Hello, complete "noob" here. When you say polish the inside are you talking about the receiver halves? I know you can pick up some bolt upgrades and what not that are aluminum , but aren't they already polished?
Life is hard,it's even harder if you're stupid.

John Wayne
NOVA8264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOVA8264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 11:38am
Never mind, just saw the video on subject. Definitely gonna give mine a scrubbing.
Life is hard,it's even harder if you're stupid.

John Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic