Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AZ FTW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AZ FTW
    Posted: 16 April 2010 at 9:40pm
AZ has become the 3rd state to NOT require a CCW, to conceal a firearm/weapon. Eat it Brady.

Inb4 Canadians
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 9:50pm
I can see how towns might want control over how much training you need to have to carry one in public, bu the MA system of needing to pay $100 and subject yourself to biometric screening every time to you want to buy a firearm freaks me out. Then again, ammunition sales don't require a background check, carding isn't all bad. 
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 10:01pm
That seems ridiculously stupid
Impulse. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 10:04pm
Well, ignorance is not an excuse. Hopefully people learn the laws before they carry. But we a slowly breaking down the walls surrounding the 2nd amendment.

And before anyone tries to argue the " You need a license to drive a car" debate. Short answer, driving is a priveledge (sp) not a right.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 8:21pm
Carrying a gun concealed should require a license.

Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why?

Edited by stratoaxe - 18 April 2010 at 8:35pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 8:35pm
The fact that it's not blatantly obvious is a little worrying in itself.....
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 8:42pm

Owning a gun should require the proper training regardless of expierence.
Fixed.

I dont see why a CCW should require additional training/licences over the proper firearm training.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 9:13pm

The fact that it's not blatantly obvious is a little worrying in itself.....

If it's blatantly obvious, it should be an easy question to answer.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious. You have a background check and are properly documented when you buy a handgun, the government is well aware of who buys what gun, how exactly does having a license make you safer? Mandatory safety training is fine, but paying a yearly fee to have a license to carry a handgun in no way makes the process any more or less dangerous.

Edited by stratoaxe - 18 April 2010 at 9:14pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 9:16pm
Licenses tend to require mandatory training/tests.
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 9:25pm

Licenses tend to require mandatory training/tests.

Ever taken a CCW test? They don't teach you much in the line of real world usefulness. If you can't pass a CCW test (in Texas anyway), you shouldn't own a gun period.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Ever taken a CCW test? They don't teach you much in the line of real world usefulness. If you can't pass a CCW test (in Texas anyway), you shouldn't own a gun period.

This is a problem. That implies an easy test.
Que pasa?

Impulse. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 9:42pm
I love how this thread only got a few hits, and made it to the second page. But all of a sudden got up to this many hits.

Choop, Jmac I love you guys. But I refuse to argue with either of you. I rather live in Canada before Mass Jmac.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 9:48pm

This is a problem. That implies an easy test.

There's not really alot they can teach you, short of a full on tactical shooting course. Otherwise, they just test you on accuracy and your knowledge of gun laws.

And I'm fine for a mandatory course, but my issue is the license. The license doesn't insure that you're skilled with a handgun any more than a license to drive insures you're not a wreckless drunken jackass.

And again, I'll raise the question, how does the CCW permit insure ANY safety on this issue?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 1:07pm

And again, I'll raise the question, how does the CCW permit insure ANY safety on this issue?

NB4 the people with strong opinions on this subject continue to ignore the question they don't have a satisfactory answer to.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 3:24pm

Just out of curiosity, why?

Plaxico.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Impulse. Impulse. wrote:

I love how this thread only got a few hits, and made it to the second page. But all of a sudden got up to this many hits.

Choop, Jmac I love you guys. But I refuse to argue with either of you. I rather live in Canada before Mass Jmac.

All I'm saying is allowing someone to conceal a gun in public, without manditory training/ licensing, is just....stupid. Theres not really any other word for it than stupid.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

NB4 the people with strong opinions on this subject continue to ignore the question they don't have a satisfactory answer to.

Not ignoring the question. The answer is having a CCW permit doesn't ensure safety.

If you people would stop going all "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" when something is brought up maybe something good might happen.

I would enjoy not having to worry about any random person on the street having a gun. There should be proper safety courses, tests on those courses. They should be strict. Owning a gun should be a thorough process, let alone carrying one in public.

Why is driving a car a privilege, while having a gun is a right?
Que pasa?

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 5:01pm
OK, we all know I have guns. Here is my take on CCW.  Yes, a license and training to handle a pistol is a good idea.  Why?  Because there has been one too many times some bastard on the firing line next to me has been unsafe in handling his/her pistol and nearly shot me. I have in my shed someplace a rifle scope with a bullet hole in the sunshade, entering from the right and exiting the leftside of the sunshade.  I was looking through it at the time it was shot. Although not  caused by a pistol, it was enough for me to believe that if you are going to own a firearm, then you should be trained safely on it's handling and use. Last summer some chuckle head almost shot my wife when he was loading his Beretta. This fool locks the side to the rear, inserts a full magazine and had trouble with the slide release, so he turns the pistol sideways (pointing at the shooting benches, not down range) hits the release and and set the round off.  the bullet hit the dirt about 3 feet in front of the bench where my wife was about to shoot.  I am all for CCW BUT training and testing is not a bad idea.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic