Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NHL Playoff Smack Talk Thread: (Sticky Please?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2010 at 10:51pm
I can't believer it, I didn't think the Bruins had it in them, but they have won the series and it's lights out for Buffalo.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 5:32am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:05pm
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:18pm
Blackhawks > Canucks 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:06pm
Incidental contact my ass. Way to throw the game ref!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:16pm
Wow, this has to be the worst reffing I've ever seen in my life. "No goal due to goalie interference" (Which, mind you, is a penalty) "No Penalty"

Refs are completely throwing the game.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:41pm
Yep, said it before, say it again: extremely suspect reffing this series
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Blackhawks > Canucks 

really..in what way, mr just became a fan
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:05pm
Wow, what a game...I love close scoring games that keep you on the edge of the seat until the game's over.

Tallen, that sucks, man. I like the Caps about as much as you like the Pens, but it always sucks when your team loses.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:10pm
ouch tallen, thats gotta hurt
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:16pm
I've been pretty disappointed in the reffing all the way across the board in the first round.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Wow, what a game...I love close scoring games that keep you on the edge of the seat until the game's over.

Tallen, that sucks, man. I like the Caps about as much as you like the Pens, but it always sucks when your team loses.

It wouldn't hurt as much if the Refs didn't make such crap calls all game. As Choop has said, the reffing has been suspect throughout the playoffs. That recall on Ovi's goal when Gill pushed Knuble into Halak was a bunch of BS and everyone knew it. I found it really suspect that the ref went over and talked with Halak immediately after the call was made. It also pissed me off that the truly committed goalie interference against Varlamov, and then the ref elected not to call the penalty even though he said "Interference with the goalie."

I don't mind nail biters, I don't mind losing, but I do mind crappy reffing.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 8:53am
I'm pretty disappointed to see the Caps lose.  Sorry Tallen, after the Wings, they were the team I wanted to see win the most.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 12:13pm
You make the call

Skip ahead to 5:30 and then tell me that Brad Watson shouldn't be lynched, or at least have his judgement severely questioned by the NHL.

Edited by tallen702 - 29 April 2010 at 12:13pm
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

You make the call

Skip ahead to 5:30 and then tell me that Brad Watson shouldn't be lynched, or at least have his judgement severely questioned by the NHL.

You mean THIS Brad Watson? Yeah, he pretty much sucks.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 2:28pm
The reffing has been bad all over. Game 7 of the Detroit Pheonix series, the refs were going nuts with the whistle.

And at one time they whistled down a play for absolutly no reason. No offsides, no icing, no net off, the puck was solidly on the ice, no penalty. They just blew the whistle and decided to have a faceoff.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

The reffing has been bad all over. Game 7 of the Detroit Pheonix series, the refs were going nuts with the whistle.And at one time they whistled down a play for absolutly no reason. No offsides, no icing, no net off, the puck was solidly on the ice, no penalty. They just blew the whistle and decided to have a faceoff.

That happened either last game or 2 games ago here. Play was on, dumped the puck in from pretty much their blue line (so no icing, well past center) and the whistle was blown, faceoff from center. No call, no reasoning, nothing.

Anyone else see this amazing save?

Edited by choopie911 - 29 April 2010 at 4:36pm
nickman98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Et Tu, Nickman?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 5:50pm
tallen, the reffing was apperently bad enough for my local sports radio station to make comment on it for awhile. sad they had to go out like that, if sidney wins another cup im gonna cry.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 5:56pm
I would just like to take this time to say...

The Eastern Conference is a joke.

Philly, PITT, Boston, and Montreal are your final four?

Seriously, slide Detroit back to the East.  I won't have to wait until 10 for playoff games anymore, and we'll get a chance to skate through the season for once.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 29 April 2010 at 5:56pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 6:14pm
I want refs imported from 1998. Where is my Delorean!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic