Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NHL Playoff Smack Talk Thread: (Sticky Please?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 1:19am
It almost sounds as though you are surprised. Like warmer weather, flowers blooming and green grass, one of the surest signs that spring is here is the San Jose Sharks (and as of the last couple of seasons, Martin Brodeur) collapsing upon itself like a dying star.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 8:43pm
Caps Habs game is really interesting. Tons of crap and missed calls from the refs. Oh, and of course, Montreal is staying classy by booing every time one of their players looses his footing because they think it should be a penalty against the Caps.

I've come to realize that Habs fans are like Philadelphia fans. Absolutely miserable and degenerate.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
nickman98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Et Tu, Nickman?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 10:15pm
getting ready for overtime #2 in the sabers bruins game.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 12:09am
I am absolutely shocked that Boston is even competitive, let alone leading the series. I thought Buffalo would have an easy go of the Bruins.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 12:13pm
PHEW, close one for Vancouver, glad we took that one. And Tallen, the reffing in the caps/ habs and the canucks/ kings series has been TERRRRRIBLE. Lots of questionable calls with even more blatantly missed calls.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 1:05pm
They were terrible in the last Pens game as well. I was helping a friend move and didn't see much of the game, but the Pens' Kunitz accidently shot the puck over the glass midway through the third period in his own zone, no penalty.

And Tallen, you're right...if only Montreal could be as classy as Ovechkin...
Red Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by nickman98 nickman98 wrote:

daer dan boyle...way to screw your team over. hahahhaha. terrible end to a good game.

Might want to check that replay there bud, O' Reilly tipped his clearing attempt which went into the net.
Dan Boyle did not score on his own net.

Edited by Red Eye - 22 April 2010 at 1:29pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

And Tallen, you're right...if only Montreal could be as classy as Ovechkin...

That's the best you can come up with? Seriously? Why in the hell is the kid standing in front of the door anyway? Also, can you hear the booing BEFORE he stops in front of the kid? I mean, it's not like he's going to stop slowly about 10 feet out and then shuffle on in now is it?
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 2:08pm
Well, sorry, Tallen...I don't spend all my free time watching Ovechkin for moments when he acts like a douche. Someone emailed that to me.

The kid is right in front of the door because he's obviously doing whatever silly pregame ritual that the Canadiens have cooked up.

But come on, like Ovie had to skate over and spray ice at the kid? He simply didn't have any other option? Furthermore, why did he feel the need to go sit down right that second? He's the only player on the bench!
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I mean, it's not like he's going to stop slowly about 10 feet out and then shuffle on in now is it?

um..yea actually...hes a great player but dont defend him being a complete d-bag all the time...you'll never win a stanley cup with a captain like that

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 3:34pm
Wait that was it in that Ovechkin video?...HAHAHAHA
Que pasa?

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 3:56pm
Ovechkin did nothing wrong imo. He didnt crash into the kid, or kick the kid over, or grab the flag out of his hands and break it in half.

I think the Canadiens fans are bigger dbags anyway.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 4:03pm
Seriously? Doing that exact thing to a goalie in any NHL game would cause a shoving match, if not a fight. It was some kid who got to participate in the on ice pregame ceremony. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but it's yet further proof that Ovie is a total douche.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 4:18pm
I fail to see the evidence. I saw him stop going onto the bench.
Que pasa?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 5:59pm

Seriously? Doing that exact thing to a goalie in any NHL game would cause a shoving match, if not a fight. It was some kid who got to participate in the on ice pregame ceremony. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but it's yet further proof that Ovie is a total douche.

Really? Because with that little amount of 'snow' I don't think anyone would start shoving. It doesn't look like it even hits the kid.

edit:

And furthermore, if he'd done anything else, he'd have either skated across the cord for the film crew, or crashed into the kid. I love how people try to make Ovi out to be a douche when he's not. I've seen him at practice and before games and he's always been grateful to the fans, willing to talk and sign anything put in front of him, and willing to take pictures until everyone's had their turn.

Edited by tallen702 - 22 April 2010 at 6:01pm
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 6:01pm
That's just Ovie's passion, then, eh Tallen?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 6:03pm

That's just Ovie's passion, then, eh Tallen?

OR

It could be that you're just trying to hold on to the thinnest thread of anti-ovi that you can given that he's pretty squeaky clean compared to just about any other superstar out there.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 6:22pm
Ovi is a rock star.  I don't like the Caps, but I'd rather have ovi a thousand times more than crosby.*

*I bring this up, because that's what it's heading towards, I can already tell.

Plus, he's funny. If you haven't seen the E:60 special on him, you're missing out.

But to really prove you all wrong.

Zetterburg> Ovi > Malkin > * > Crosby
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 8:53pm
First off that kid needs to move.  The flag was hanging in front of the door.  Second off, if I just got snowed by Ovie, I'd be happy about it.  According to McKenzie, the kids dad doesn't even care.

Just watched the Kunitz goal review during the Ottawa-Pittsburgh game.  The refs trying to talk to the captains and all you see is Crosby flailing his arms and running his mouth while Alredsson just stands there quietly.  STOP CRYING
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 9:51pm
if i was that kid id be in school bragging to all my friends that i just got snowed by the greatest forward in the NHL. anybody else see that flyers player eat the puck tonight?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic