Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann 98 an accuracy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tippmann98Consumer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98Consumer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann 98 an accuracy?
    Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:22am
what is the best marker set up to make a tippmann 98 most accurate while not having to go in close proximity of the enemy player?
>14" barrel?
>Red dot sight?
> Chamber expansion kit?
> Diffrent paintballs?
tippmann 98 = win
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 11:13am
HPA and a barrel kit.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:48pm
Quality barrel and quality paint plus a consistent air source.  LAPCO barrels are affordable and high quality, fresh Draxxus and RPS paint in medium bore with a relatively thick shell (tippys can be a little rough on paint ACS might help) such as blaze(if they still make it) premiums of marbillizers plus HPA and a secondary regulator (Palmer's stabilizer) did wonders for my 98. That and a clean barrel will give you optimal results, barrel length is not so important. Maybe a firepower upgrade to maximize hit probability and a hopper to keep up with it. Red dots are an OK reference point IMO, but not necssary. An x-chamber or remote line will make CO2 more consistent. Get a good barrel  and decent paint first, then hopper, then work on your gas system. Also, learn to get close. Getting inside 25 yards increases your hit probability dramatically, and sooner or later you'll end up in close quarters.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98Consumer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 1:29pm
what kind of barrel kit should i get and also what does HPA stand for (high preasured air?)
tippmann 98 = win

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98Consumer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 1:30pm
also im getting an egrip for my tippmann how hard are they to install?
tippmann 98 = win
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 1:36pm
J&J and Lapco both make affordable fixed ID barrels. Several companies make kits with backs or inserts. J&J makes an Edge and Elite kit, Smarts Parts makes the Freak Kit, (may be hard to find) as well as WGP and others. I've only ever used the J&J Edge kit personally, but the Freak kit is pretty highly recommended from what I hear.

Yes, HPA stands for High Pressure Air.

An E-grip is made to be simple to install. Read the manual and follow the instructions. ALL of the instructions.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic