FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For you hockey fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For you hockey fans
    Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:02am
Pretty cool story. Probably won't start any major discussions, but good read nonetheless.

TL/DR: HS rival hockey teams play cancelled state championship game in New Jersey 20 years later and raise $200k for charity.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:34am
That's awesome.
BU Engineering 2012
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:13am
Delbarton is a BIG school in our area. I believe their tuiton is close to what I pay for a semester of college.

I played them once in Lacrosse, and they are almost always state champs or in the state championship game. Driving into their campus reminds you of a ritzy country club, not a highschool.

And also, if you know Scott Stevens(former captain of the Devils and the first player to have his number retired, now assistant coach), his son played lacrosse for Delbarton, and Scott was even at the game! Seeing a pro hockey player at a highschool lacrosse game is....interesting.

Delbarton is a school for rich spoiled catholic white boys.... but theyre nice guys LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic