Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Three questions on the Project Salvo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stealuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stealuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three questions on the Project Salvo?
    Posted: 07 April 2010 at 4:04am
I have had a Project Salvo since they first rolled out with these markers and have enjoyed tricking it out completely but i have had a few ideas in mind and was wondering if they were possible with the project salvo.

Questions One: Can the Battle shrouded Flatline barrel fit on the salvo, and do you guys think its worth it for woodsball in close corters the reason i ask is because were we play theres a long hall way and for some reason my balls never seem to reach the end of the hall way without seeing the dunk or me having to tip my marker upward to try and reach the end of the hallway.

Currently Equipped: Hammerhead Dominator 14" @ 320Fps

Question Two: Have they come up with any new rubber grips for the marker since the release of the E-Grip Chip the reason i ask is because the stock rubber grip is a total pain in the ass to have to change the E-Grip modes with a thin medal object or even to turn off and on.

Question Three: I have really thought about finally changing my stock Hammer to the TechT Zero Kick Hammer but am wondering since its lighter and removing some of the kick won't that also kill some of the distance/power that helps push the ball out the barrel?

Thanks You All for any responses.

Edited by Stealuno - 07 April 2010 at 4:49am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:06am

First, I am curious regarding the FPS you are chronoing at. Is this the field limit because typically, it is under 300FPS.  Most fields here are actually 290 and under.

Second, as far as I know, yes the FL for the 98 will fit the Salvo. Not sure if any mods would have to be made to the battle shroud or not, but I am sure it could be made to work. If you are playing woodsball with low hanging overhead foliage, the FL and Apex systems can be useful as they give the shots more of a flat trajectory.

Third. Also as far as I know any grip made to fit a 45 degree grip will fit the Salvo,AB, 98. Check into Dye Stickies, Hogues, etc.

Last. There was a forumer on here that was pretty hyped on the Zero Kick Bolt. He said it definitely did reduce the kick and provided for a smoother shooting marker. If you replace it and have issues, most likely all you will have to do is get a stronger mainspring kit to accomodate the lighter bolt. Again, you should be able to reach 280+ FPS regardless. However, if you choose the FL barrel system, the optimum FPS range is 240-270, so a slight reduction wont really hurt you.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Stealuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stealuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

First, I am curious regarding the FPS you are chronoing at. Is this the field limit because typically, it is under 300FPS.  Most fields here are actually 290 and under. 

There is a place here in Miami that usto be a Army base that was later derserted well the paintballers and graffiti artists here came in and made it into a Penit/Scenerio paintball area which means anyone can go and play and yes it is illegal to be there but the cops here have a understanding and let us play with no hassle in fact alot of army reserves and cops themselfs come and practice here and to make you understand that theres no problems here there is a gentleman who owns a hotdog stand who comes around on Saturdays to make his money. So to answer your question everyone can shoot at what ever FPS they want but we try and talk to everyone to keep it under 350 but you really never know unless you chrono everyone. And i chronoed my gun today at 320-345 but this will not be for long as i plan to drop it soon to try to make my marker as accurate as possible with the Red Dot Sight again.

I will check into the 45 degree grips to see if i see something i like but i was kinda looking for something that can accommodate the E-Grip chip like a Rubber grip with buttons on it to help change modes and turn on and off the E-Grip chip instead of having to stick a medal object in the little hole.

As far as the Zero Kick Hammer i went to the pro's here at a shop down here that told me that, that hammer is not worth getting for my gun at all unless like you said i change the spring but im not sure i even want to mess with the internals like that and loss of FPS would hurt me. The most i would do would be to change the power tube and front bolt to aluminum ones but thats it.

He also showed me the.98 threaded FL barrel that would fit my gun but it's not like the A-5 one at all it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen not to mention that i would lose the awsome shroud i have on the Project Salvo losing all the attachments i already have on it. Now he toke the shroud of that barrel off and he did tell me that if i wanted to i could mod the Project Salvo shroud to make the spiral barrel fit in the shroud of the salvo but that it would require shaving the three rings within the shroud to make it fit and i didnt want to run that mission so i think ill just stick with my 14" Hammerhead Dominator and buy the A-5 Stealth later.

Edited by Stealuno - 08 April 2010 at 1:35am
theplaidwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theplaidwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:29am

i was wondering if you can use the project salvo without the shroud

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Stealuno Stealuno wrote:

. . . everyone can shoot at what ever FPS they want but we try and talk to everyone to keep it under 350 but you really never know unless you chrono everyone.

Find smarter people to play with . . . anything over 300 fps carries significant risk.

And i chronoed my gun today at 320-345 but this will not be for long as i plan to drop it soon to try to make my marker as accurate as possible with the Red Dot Sight again.

Good idea, for many paint/barrel combinations, anything much above 300 fps can lead to accuracy/performance problems.

I will check into the 45 degree grips to see if i see something i like but i was kinda looking for something that can accommodate the E-Grip chip like a Rubber grip with buttons on it to help change modes and turn on and off the E-Grip chip instead of having to stick a medal object in the little hole.

As far as the Zero Kick Hammer i went to the pro's here at a shop down here that told me that, that hammer is not worth getting for my gun at all unless like you said i change the spring but im not sure i even want to mess with the internals like that and loss of FPS would hurt me.

As long as you can reach 300 fps, the loss off FPS should not be an issue.  (No one should be shooting faster than that anyway).  I am not a fan of internal upgrades to Tippmann markers as most provide no real advantage and some have even been known to cause problems, but the Zero Kick has received very little negative feedback.  On the other hand, if the marker is already working fine, why mess with it.

The most i would do would be to change the power tube and front bolt to aluminum ones but thats it.

There is no need to do this, the stock ones generally work best.  (Many of the complaints related to internal upgrades have to do with problems caused by these after-market parts.)

He also showed me the.98 threaded FL barrel that would fit my gun but it's not like the A-5 one at all it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen not to mention that i would lose the awsome shroud i have on the Project Salvo losing all the attachments i already have on it. Now he toke the shroud of that barrel off and he did tell me that if i wanted to i could mod the Project Salvo shroud to make the spiral barrel fit in the shroud of the salvo but that it would require shaving the three rings within the shroud to make it fit and i didnt want to run that mission so i think ill just stick with my 14" Hammerhead Dominator and buy the A-5 Stealth later.

Do a forum search, I seem to remember someone modding a Salvo shroud to fit the 98 F/L barrel a while back.  (Yes, it was not suitable for use with the original barrel afterward.)

Originally posted by theplaidwolf theplaidwolf wrote:

i was wondering if you can use the project salvo without the shroud

Yes.
X7MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X7MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 9:24am
I bought a metal power tube from RAP4 and it gave me all these problems like the 98C not re-cocking.  I took it to the tech at the field and figured out it was the power tube.   He said one of the best pieces of advice......

DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROKE!

Mike

Edited by X7MAN - 28 December 2010 at 9:26am
DON'T FIX IT IF IT ISN'T BROKEN!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic