FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You youngsters listen up now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You youngsters listen up now
    Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:13pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:48pm
PLEASE.

I'm in my mid twenties, I went to college right out of high school and have had a job for 4 whole years now. There is NOTHING I don't know, and not only that, I'll call you stupid for telling me otherwise. Damn old people don't understand this isn't the roaring twenties anymore.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

PLEASE. I'm in my mid twenties, I went to college right out of high school and have had a job for 4 whole years now. There is NOTHING I don't know, and not only that, I'll call you stupid for telling me otherwise. Damn old people don't understand this isn't the roaring twenties anymore.

Exactly

And really this article makes me just think that old people are less socially retarded than younger people, not that they're right more often. I have NO doubt whatsoever that older people are generally better socially, as I'm frequently just ashamed of my generation and its culture.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:59pm
Of course; it simply makes sense that on average, people who have been alive longer will be more perceptive and astute in their interpersonal dealings.

It's certainly no hard and fast rule, but I've no trouble believing the basic correlation the story suggests.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:02pm
If you've been doing something longer, I hope you're better at it than a newcomer...

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I have NO doubt whatsoever that older people are generally better socially, as I'm frequently just ashamed of my generation and its culture.

I'm glad you said that. I thought it was just me.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:06pm

I have NO doubt whatsoever that older people are generally better socially, as I'm frequently just ashamed of my generation and its culture.

Even just having to listen to top 40 radio at work makes me shake my head and wonder whats wrong with some people
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:07pm

Even just having to listen to top 40 radio at work makes me shake my head and wonder whats wrong with some people

I quote my 19yo patient when called to the local highschool by police after a fight:

"It's ok, I'm ok, I've been shot before"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:48pm

PLEASE.

I'm in my mid twenties, I went to college right out of high school and have had a job for 4 whole years now. There is NOTHING I don't know, and not only that, I'll call you stupid for telling me otherwise. Damn old people don't understand this isn't the roaring twenties anymore.

Pffft.  I'm better than all of you . . . the article says so.  (We really need an arrogant smiley.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that reacts that way.

Edited by Mack - 05 April 2010 at 8:49pm
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:57pm

Woooooooord.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:38pm
Oh please, that was written by old people, there's no way they have any clue what they're talking about.

Just keep listening to what I'm saying over here.
BU Engineering 2012
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Woooooooord.
Truth.

I'm reading a book called The Dumbest Generation, which is about us youngins - and yeah, we suck.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Woooooooord.
Truth.

I'm reading a book called The Dumbest Generation, which is about us youngins - and yeah, we suck.

Yeah, but every generation goes through that. Our parents sucked. Our kids will suck. Their kids will suck.Ninety years from now we'll be telling them damn kids to get off our genetically modified lawn at the pointy end of a phased plasma rifle.

Some things will never change. Every generation has its own way of doing things, and it always ends up working out in ways the previous generation would not have seen coming.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 11:50pm
I would like to know the full results of the study. Unless I missed it somehow.

I love some of the comments. People are stupid and annoy me.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Woooooooord.
Truth.

Yeah, but every generation goes through that. Our parents sucked. Our kids will suck. Their kids will suck.Ninety years from now we'll be telling them damn kids to get off our genetically modified lawn at the pointy end of a phased plasma rifle.

Some things will never change. Every generation has its own way of doing things, and it always ends up working out in ways the previous generation would not have seen coming.

This conversation reminds me of the movie Idiocracy. Basically, our species devolves into a bunch of retards.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 12:10pm
Yes Mr. Alfredsen I will get off your front lawn. No, the Japanese are not going to bomb us again.

I think old people are stupid. When you were my age, you didnt have terrorism, pollution, eco friendly cars, miley cyrus, smoking was good for you, gas was cheap, and you had an ozone layer. You guys screwed eveything up.

/sarcasm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:03pm
I was talking to this girl the other day and she was telling me about her grandfather(maybe uncle?) and then said that

"he was in World War 3 he has so many guns. It could have been Vietnam, but I am pretty sure it was World War 3"
Que pasa?

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I was talking to this girl the other day and she was telling me about her grandfather(maybe uncle?) and then said that

"he was in World War 3 he has so many guns. It could have been Vietnam, but I am pretty sure it was World War 3"

sounds like a keeper!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by the article the article wrote:

older people were more likely than younger or middle-aged ones to recognize that values differ, to acknowledge uncertainties, to accept that things change over time and to acknowledge others' points of view.

While I agree that the older a person is, the more patient they generally are in a conflict resolution. I don't know if I agree with that ^
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic