FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Collateral Murder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:11pm
I don't believe that Bri was arguing with that point.

He was however arguing with your tone, which was that reporters embedded with enemy units should be sought out as targets simply because they are with the enemy.
BU Engineering 2012
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:20pm
Not what I was implying. Just news agencies and reporters must be also held accountable for thier actions in any hostile area. And for Reuters to act like the reporters in question are total innocents, with the actions presented to the gunship crew, can not expect the gunship to hold fire just because they are in thier employ 'non-combatants'. ID'ing hostiles at range, under combat conditions can and does lead to incidents like these. To think otherwise is idiotic. Hindsight is 20/20, but under combat conditions situational awareness get blurred quickly. The tone I present is also from a BTDT enviornment, where decesions had to be made quickly, and a few in hindsight were questionable, but at the time the correct decesion was made.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:40pm
So OS who are you arguing with anyway?

I am quite certain most of us are in agreement that the reporters shouldn't have been there and pilot was justified shooting.
Que pasa?

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:01pm
Did you or have you read the Reuters version and how the international media is playing this. Will 'revisionist' history in the near future portray this as an illegal shoot and further 'proof' of American atrocities. There are cut and paste artists out there that can doctor this up to look like we killed the Pope, and there is a fringe that will believe it. There are even a few here sitting on the wall by thier tone. The 'mystery' pods photoshopped on the jets in the doctored 9/11 films were the basis of the documentary 'Loose Change' from right here in SUNY Oneonta, NY, and the foil cap crowd still believes it.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:02pm
During Desert Storm 1 more Marines where Killed by the Air Force than all the Iraqi Forces. One of my Platoon Sargent's other squad's AAV was ripped to shreds by A-10's. He never really got that concerned look anytime close air support from another branch was overhead.

Flying above the battlefield looking at a TV screen with-out the MW2 styled "red" square for bad guys and Blue for good guys grainy Black and white TV screen lends itself to a lot of room for Human Error.

I wish we had a dedicated teams of Web Based Video Experts enhancing, zooming and pointing out good guys from not so good guys working real time with our chopper gunners. But until then these tragedies will continue. That's just War.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Did you or have you read the Reuters version and how the international media is playing this. 

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I am quite certain most of us are in agreement that the reporters shouldn't have been there and pilot was justified shooting.
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic