FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Thread for Reminiscing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Thread for Reminiscing
    Posted: 04 April 2010 at 11:44pm
So I've been thinking. I miss my Tippmann 98C. It was the gun that really got me started in paintball. No, it wasn't my first. My first was an old SL-68 II that had seen a fair share of abuse. I didn't even use it for a game. My second was a Brass Eagle Stingray II Ice (ruby). This was RIGHT before BE started royally sucking. My third gun was a Spyder clone called a Scorpion. It leaked, so I threw it away. Didn't want to fix it, or know any better. I think I was about 13. No, this 98C was my fourth gun. However, it was the first gun I used in a scenario. It was the first gun I truly got down and dirty with. It was the first gun I successfully tinkered with. It was the gun that got me where I am today, with a current collection of around 20 guns, and having owned around 40, some worth more than I care to relate. I will always call that gun my first gun, even if it was my fourth. It felt right. And having grown accustomed to the length and weight of that gun, I just can't get used to anything else. I miss it.

So that got me thinking, what guns got y'all started? Which do you miss the most? Do you have it still? Share some stories. :)
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Jollyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 12:19am
I started with a Walmart plastic Brass Eagle TALON.

My friend bugged me for at least a year that he wanted to go paintballing. Well, after a year of this, i finally decided that it would be a xmas preasent. (i of course didnt know squat about this sport and sall some stuff at walmart. Now i saw that guns ran from $100-god knows what and then saw the talon at walmart for $30. so i bought 2 of these guns and a couple of cheap masks. (saying to myself that im not going to spend no $400+ for a gun!!! hahah)
Xmas came, my friend opened his gift and loved it. a week later we went to a national forest (in the middle of january) and played our first game ever. just him and me. we were HOOKED. Well if anyone knows the talon, its all plastic, runs off of a 12gram and is pump action.

Well, we played several times over the next few months and like what happeneds to everyone, the paitball collection grew and grew. 6 years, numerious seceniero games (including Skirmish D-day 2004) and over $5000 later i can say that im still hooked, if not even more.
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Rufus Dawg Wicked Front Bolt/Power Tube
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
20 OZ CO2 Tank W/Neoprene Cover
All Camoed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic